• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
that should put a stop to those crazy 2019 rumors. the game will probably be playable for the public at e3 2020, with a launch at the end of that year.

Deleted member 56580

User requested account closure
Banned
May 8, 2019
Releasing in autumn 2020 I take it. Not like it looks exciting anyway, last year's gameplay was fairly dull. Hopefully they're committing

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
I'm already waiting for Digital Foundry to work on a PS4 / PS4 Pro / Xbox One S / Xbox One X / PS5 / Next Box / PC low setting / PC ultra setting comparison video.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
I'm still hoping for that 20/7/7 release date, but we'll see. It seems like this game still needs a much longer time in the oven based on everything it is they seem to be aiming for. I don't know how they can manage to complete development of a game with this kind of scope in only 3 years of development.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I don't mind that. I'd rather see gameplay videos from people who know how to play the game properly.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This really doesn't tell me anything about the state of it. IIRC, Witcher 3 was never playable at E3.

I've always thought 2020 and still do.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I'm already waiting for Digital Foundry to work on a PS4 / PS4 Pro / Xbox One S / Xbox One X / PS5 / Next Box / PC low setting / PC ultra setting comparison video.
Dont forget stadia, xcloud and the fact the next xbox is actually 2 skus, its gonna be a hell of a long video, and a ton of pain for developers.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Not surprising

I have faith in CD and more often than not early hands ons don't help just look at all the stupid complaints people had about the demo last year.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
They always did this - Witcher 3 was only offered to play to the press like 3-4 months before it release.. before it was always played by someone from CD Projekt RED

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still May 2020 as I said many many times before... with a port in 2021 for next gen for double dippers.

They stated they are targeting current gen, they will not pass on 160M+ of user-base lolz...
Double dipping is no longer a thing with next gen having full back compat.
They'll give the enhancement for free like they should.

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
2019, 2020, 2021. Y'all are wrong. The game is releasing in 2077. it's in the name. The game will be polished till the last turd shines bright like a diamond.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
All of you people saying 2021, there is just no way it's arriving that late.

2020 at the latest.

They have said the game is in the "advanced stages of development". The main storyline has been playable from beginning to end since summer last year.

And they have also committed to releasing another AAA game by the end of 2021.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's with the over-complicated title?

The better headline would be: "Cyberpunk 2077 will be demoed at E3".

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Releasing 07/07/2020 is too good of an opportunity to pass up. It's free marketing man!

Anyhow, I wonder what they will demo this time around, maybe a deeper dive into the classes?

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
That thread title cracked me up for some reason.
CDPR:'well,here's the E3 demo'
Player: 'Great! I can't wait to pla--'
CDPR: 'HANDS OFF!'

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Still doesn't say anything about the possible release date.

W3 was the same way + they've already said they liked how Bethesda handled Fallout 4 release. There's still chance it might release this year.

I don't really care when it releases tbh, if anything, I'll have more time to build a rig worthy enough to play the game, were it to release next year.

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
IIRC, when I went to E3 in 2011, Skyrim was only playable by Todd Howard even in private viewings and it released in November of the same year. Not saying CDPR will go the same route, just saying it's entirely feasible.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Still doesn't say anything about the possible release date.

W3 was the same way + they've already said they liked how Bethesda handled Fallout 4 release. There's still chance it might release this year.

I don't really care when it releases tbh, if anything, I'll have more time to build a rig worthy enough to play the game, were it to release next year.
I don't think cdpr are at Bethesda level of brand recognition that they could afford similar marketing strategy