• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, so this game "technically" hasn't even been announced for consoles yet, has it? Technically a PC exclusive for time being?

I'm 99% sure it will of course, but still crazy to see.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
so what are we thinking with regards to combat? cover based shooter or laser swords and shields?

I am really hoping there is some sort of melee class. I can't play shooters. Or if they go shooter only, then at least have auto-aim (full aim assist) option so we can focus more on builds rather than aiming (similar to Majik Archer class's aiming in Dragon's Dogma).

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I'm not surprised, given the Twitter activity recently. It seemed like an E3 reveal was a certainty.

Given that Witcher 3 was revealed in 2013, and didn't release until 2015, I'd expect something similiar with Cyberpunk 2077. They could possibly put it at Holiday 2019 if they wanted to drive sales more early. Regardless, I'd expect we'll see Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 in 2018 and 2019.

Last edited:

Xam3l

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
AhnZQb9.gif

Update the date guys :)

Ahahah!

I'm not even sure what to expect. Just want to see something already.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I'm not surprised, given the Twitter activity recently. It seemed like an E3 reveal was a certainty.

Given that Witcher 3 was revealed in 2913, and didn't release until 2015, I'd expect something similiar with Cyberpunk 2077. They could possibly put it at Holiday 2019 if they wanted to drive sales more early. Regardless, I'd expect we'll see Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 in 2018 and 2019.
Witcher 3 was revealed in 2913? Damn I feel old in 3018.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
E3 hype already? Man, I can't wait to see what the game looks like. Another CG trailer is fine, but I'd rather have actual in engine footage.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really excited to see how they toy with player choices/branching paths. Of all the reasons Witcher 3 is incredible, that has to be one of the most underrated. Also I just know CDPR are going to bring the heat with the character creator.

SlothmanAllen

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
CD Projeckt RED has set the bar very high with the Witcher 3 base game and the DLC Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine. I look forward to seeing what they have been working on.

EDIT: Part of me wishes for a PC exclusive so the graphics can be truly mindblowing. I'd love another Crysis, but I doubt will ever see something like that again.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really excited to see how they toy with player choices/branching paths. Of all the reasons Witcher 3 is incredible, that has to be one of the most underrated. Also I just know CDPR are going to bring the heat with the character creator.

The potential is astounding. This could be the cyberpunk game I've always wanted, but I don't want to get my hopes up just yet.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this doesn't make 2019 and slips into 2020 I guess that would straight up confirm it as a cross gen title I guess. Because I can't see any way we don't have new consoles by the end of 2020

ED_209

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Curitiba/Brazil
They also had the only console version of Witcher 2. CDPR and MS have been close for a long time, but anything can happen and it can be at Sony's stage.

It's really hard to anwser that.

They could do like EA and sell the marketing rights of each one of theirs IPs to different companies. (I'm using the example of the Battlefield franchise marketing deal being with Microsoft while Star Wars BF is with Sony)

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't care less about which stage they are on or who they make a marketing deal with. I just hope they stick to their guns and don't offer any timed/exclusive in game content to anyone.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Time to start writing up my pitches! There's no way in hell I'm missing a hands-on chance at E3.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Oct 31, 2017
An established character provides much better writing, characterization and story.
It really doesn't.
I won't bother to argue if a fixed protagonist is good or bad, because it's up to personal preferences and beside the point, but I have yet to play a single game where the type of protagonist was a main factor in determining the overall quality of the writing or the overarching plot.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I hope not.

An established character provides much better writing, characterization and story.
It's already been confirmed though. If you look up "Cyberpunk 2077 info" the first thing that comes up is a Polygon article where CD Projekt Red says "This is an RPG meaning the player will make their own story. They will get to develop their character's personality, they will choose dialogue choices, they will make their own character and the story will be affected by the choices you make."

Edit: Exact quote.
"First of all it will be an RPG, so that means you create the story. In Syndicate and other shooters you can do no such thing. The other thing is that you will have the chance to create your character's personality. This is very, very important. The style and mood and atmosphere of this world, what you do at the bar, what do you drink, how you react with other people, what dialogue you choose —all these things let us keep the Cyberpunk atmosphere all the time."

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if a 2019 release will be possible? It'd be really great if they could, as that year is a rather seminal year for Cyberpunk fiction.

Blade Runner, Akira, Dark Angel, The Running Man, and some other notable sci-fi/cyberpunk stories were set in 2019, so it'd definitely be a timely release.

Dominuece

Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait forever, but I think it's coming in 2020. It just sounds right.

I was expecting this to be another defined character experience like The Witcher, but having classes similar to Cyberpunk 2020 would be amazing and makes me interested in just how far they will go in the RPG aspect. Very curious about the multiplayer too.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
CD Projeckt RED has set the bar very high with the Witcher 3 base game and the DLC Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine. I look forward to seeing what they have been working on.

EDIT: Part of me wishes for a PC exclusive so the graphics can be truly mindblowing. I'd love another Crysis, but I doubt will ever see something like that again.

Unfortunately/fortunately depending on how you look at it, it won't be a pc exclusive.

The budget for the game would be a fraction of what it is otherwise.

I'm hoping they only mention PC at E3 meaning that it would be on its way to next gen consoles.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I can't wait to *beep* this game.

If they add a character editor this is going to be the GOAT

There will be one... there has to be one.

Why? http://cyberpunk.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Roles

Afaik most of them if not all are in CP2077. Mike Pondsmith hints at as much in 2017 interview.

It really doesn't.
I won't bother to argue if a fixed protagonist is good or bad, because it's up to personal preferences and beside the point, but I have yet to play a single game where the type of protagonist was a main factor in determining the overall quality of the writing or the overarching plot.

CD Projekt Red quote:
"First of all it will be an RPG, so that means you create the story. In Syndicate and other shooters you can do no such thing. The other thing is that you will have the chance to create your character's personality. This is very, very important. The style and mood and atmosphere of this world, what you do at the bar, what do you drink, how you react with other people, what dialogue you choose —all these things let us keep the Cyberpunk atmosphere all the time."

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn. Hype!!

Cyberpunk is one of my fave types of setting, coupled with CDPR being a the helm, and honestly this has Game of the Forever potential. Here's hoping CDPR don't drop the ball!

CrypticSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
Been waiting to see this since Witcher 3. Knowing CDPR and MS's relationship I'd expect it to show up at their E3 conference.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
Real question - would people lose their shit if Sony opens up their show with this?

I know MS always had CDPR at their show, so would this be significant?

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
IS IT HAPPENING?!?!?

http://www.pcgamer.com/polish-website-says-cyberpunk-2077-will-be-playable-at-e3/

CDPR apparently submitted a tech demo to Sony, possibly hinting that it'll close out Sony's conference. Take this with a grain of salt, we don't know how accurate it is, but the timing works out.
The source of the Sony thing is a YouTuber so I'm going to say it's fake. I don't trust a YouTuber as a reliable source and CDPR has had a close relationship with Microsoft for Witcher 2, Witcher 3 as well as having Gwent reveal, Gwent gameplay and Gwent Beta at Microsoft conferences.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Real question - would people lose their shit if Sony opens up their show with this?

I know MS always had CDPR at their show, so would this be significant?
I wouldn't lose it, it would be a surprise but I wouldn't lose it and I would understand if they wanted to debut it at the more popular platform with the most marketshare. Sony didn't have any third party stuff at E3 last year aside from Monster Hunter and some timed Destiny DLC.

And the source saying that it will be at Sony is a YouTuber. So massive grain of salt. I wouldn't believe any YouTuber named LegacyKillaHD.