• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Cyberpunk 2077 has been confirmed with real-time ray tracing support at launch. Powered by Nvidia's RTX 20-series graphics cards, the futuristic RPG's stunning neon world will utilise the Turing architecture's dedicated RT and Tensor Cores to deliver real-time accurate, more realistic lighting, joining other major upcoming titles such as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Wolfenstein Youngblood, and Watchdogs Legion in the RTX club.

cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-geforce-e3-2019-rtx-on-exclusive-4k-in-game-screenshot-002.png

cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-geforce-e3-2019-rtx-on-exclusive-4k-in-game-screenshot-001.png

Oh boy

Last edited:

VFX_Veteran

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
This is what we've been all waiting for! The best looking next-gen game has just been declared! Oh I can't wait!

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord, that looks fantastic.

Gotta see how this will impact performance though.

May 17, 2018
Seeing how performance is hit on games like metro I hate to see what sacrifices will have to be made to this with all the neon lighting and reflective surfaces. 3080ti might Be a better fit realistically

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I hope the next gen consoles version will support this, would be crazy to ray tracing for such a big game on a console.
the lighting and materials are just god damn fantastic , such a significant improvement over witcher 3. Even tho witcher 3 is still fantastic looking game. Now imagine this with RTX and HDR ! Also reminds me of observer
isnt that picture with the RTX support active?

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah but we're yet to see how consoles will stack up to actual 1k dollar GPUs with ray tracing. Not to mention it might not encompass everything that RTX does.
Yeah I'm sure there's bound to be evolutions and changes to make it work on a $400/500 ish system. Like how stuff like TressFX or such lost strands.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Anyone excited about this and wanting to play CP77 with RTX ON by using RTX GPUs keeps should keep in mind that RTX absolutely murders even 2080Ti when moving above 1080p. It's insane power hog.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Oh hell yeah my lads this is it. I don't care if I have to run it at 1080p. I'll trace rays all day.