• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
I'm team real, the render doesn't look similair enough to me. At least we should find out today and don't have to wait long.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk 2077's Standard Edition contents may have leaked ahead of E3 (UP: Fake leak) (UP UP: Maybe real leak)

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on team definitelymaybefakebutmayberealfakefakereal.

We're probably going to find out later today anyway. What's important is what's actually in the box. For those buying physical, anyway.. those of us buying digital get kind of screwed.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's really impressive, tbh.

It does a lot of things right all at the same time:

• It's extremely eye-catching due to the bright yellow background

• The logo sits in the center, which is also bordered in an analogous color that draws the eye right to it

• Speaking of analogous color usage, the background color and the logo color are also analogous to whatever box it's encased in; whether it be PS4 [neon blue] or Xbox One [neon green], making it even more eye-catching and stand-out

• It doesn't give anything away. It doesn't spoil anything, even in the slightest

• Night City is slightly visible in the background amidst the yellow

The most important thing about it though, is that the game will be encased inside of it, so who gives a shit what it looks like ;)

So much text to avoid saying you like the generic white dude protagonist lmao. Just embrace it man.

Boxart is fucking terrible.

KastroXi

Jun 11, 2018
Quoting myself from the reveal thread! Map deffo looked legit

RWDIbyG.jpg

So I did a little watching and eye digging this afternoon! I'll keep it brief. (AKA FEAUTURE_LENGTH.JPG)

LOW ORBIT TRAVEL

MsWFlup.jpg

aYSTY4t.jpg

Looks like the player might be able to travel to different locations via low orbit flight? Seems plausible since Witcher 3 had multiple "maps/cities". Most likely a cutscene-eqsue journey ala Deus Ex MD train rides or playable why travel (walk around etc).

SIGNAL TOWERS

0XtpadZ.jpg

pKppbMT.jpg

Looking at the subway map I noticed some map Legends at the bottom, one I was able to make out was signal tower which can been seen dotted on some station names. A possible gameplay mechanic? Especially for network runners, gets me thinking?

THE BALLAD OF LIZZY WIZZY
ItvTBVp.jpg

e1x430F.jpg

ylHlpnG.jpg

We get to see a glimpse of the in universe popstar Lizzy Wizzy. Several posters dotted around the city in the trailer lead to believe shes a household name of sorts. We see 2 Chrome references, one on the poorly made fan sign and one on the fence. Could be her gimmick? Her album name, Alias etc. Chroming could be a modification only for the richest.

STEPHAN TOROU- WHO?

mZO4bH2.jpg

Spotted this name on the panel - Stephan Torouij - could be the CEO of MILITECH or ARASAKA, or protagonist. I leaning to one of the CEO's or very high in the chain of command. During this segment of the trailer we see that projection/sales pie chart drop down in the red (hear me out): According to details we know that this takes place after the 4th corporate war, make sense that MILITECH or ARASAKA are loosing market share to each other or just sales? hm?

orrrrrr

He is grilling an employee over reduced sales, would explained the interview-esque setup.

RUSSIAN MAFIA PERHAPS?

YLuMtAz.jpg

At some point a gang gets raided by what looks like cops (who honestly knows), one of the members that tanks the bullets gets hit to reveal a sickle and hammer sigil (he's guarding the pee pee tapes) but seriously I speculate that we will most likely get some Russian Mafia action.

(BOBBY) VALENTINO STRIKES AGAIN

v4u1oYp.jpg

We see two young (or old) misguided men trying to rob a small stall only to be blasted by some old lady, the interesting part is the stall is selling some news papers in which one of the headline reads ANOTHER VALENTINO FORAY IN PACIFICA - it looks like Valentino is busy guy going around terrorising people, but why specifically Pacifica? (To speculate) it looks like Pacifica is the Dead end, The underbelly, the scum, the anime of Pacifica city. The place where the riff raff and want-nots live. The Train map futher cements this theory for me, with the area of Pacifica in red. Kinda like a "Hey git gud or die" warning, probably lawless.

lz8YmZM.jpg

Now is Valentino a Gang or person? lets see: we catch a glimpse of this very impolite guy gouging someones eyes out, the back of his jacket collar reads VALENTINO. Okay so is it one guy? I don't think so, I'm leaning more towards gang. Here's why: if we look at the back of his jacket, we see cut out picture of some saint or Jesus* and a cross with two words to its left, L and Y, I'm guessing HOLY (FATHER)? I say more gang than lone wolf but I could be right (hehe)

Thats all.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Y'all might need to start worrying(?) again because this tweet is misleading as hell.

The fanmade model is completely different. Editing it to resemble the artwork would require so much effort, one might as well start from scratch.

Well shit, you're right! Sorry about that! I even linked the artist's ArtStation page but didn't bother to look that deeply at the differences. lol

Back on the hype train then!

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
but jason said it was 100% absolutely not coming out in 2019

time for the option select "plans change :)"

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
but jason said it was 100% absolutely not coming out in 2019

time for the option select "plans change :)"
There's no date on any of this stuff. Jason also suggested that they might announce a 2019 release date that they won't make. None of this disagrees with his beliefs about the potential of a 2019 release.

I'd like to be optimistic too, but I'm going to continue to keep my expectations in check.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
damn, I need to eat crow, I thought cyberpunk would be 2021 :P