• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jocund

Mar 9, 2018
There's so much weird shit people do to their bodies in the Cyberpunk fiction and that's what you go with

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
That box art is extremely bland for a game with as much style as this. Though based on how bad the Witcher 3's box art was I shouldn't be surprised

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This would be like, the Deluxe Edition contents, too, ya? Bit much for a standard. Also, can anyone translate the box in the upper right? I'm assuming that's the digital contents.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Of all the things they could have chosen for their box-art they chose... that?

giphy.gif

(The freebies are cool, though. Glad they're sticking with that after TW3 had them)

The big splash of yellow stands out, and then it's your typical male figure holding a weapon. Pretty much standard for western cover art unless the developer insists on making it themselves.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
That's not gonna be the real box art I think, can't be. We have a a while before it comes out and ships so is some placeholder stuff.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
It's in Polish which is why the logo on the bottom-right is CD Projekt instead of Warner Bros as CDP are publishing the game in their homeland of Poland. This looks really well done to be a fake especially the little Night City postcard render and the artbook cover. The fact that they've got this ready to go makes me wonder if we'll be seeing a release date for 2020 at the Microsoft Presser. What do you think, Era?

ApRVBtw.jpg

Boom🤘🏻

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The least they could've done if they wanted to go for such a simple box pose was add a more neon drenched palette with hard shadows, like an 80s movie poster or something.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, it's legit guys. My friends confirmed.

This would be like, the Deluxe Edition contents, too, ya? Bit much for a standard. Also, can anyone translate the box in the upper right? I'm assuming that's the digital contents.

Yeah - digital content:
a) wallpapers
b) mini artbook
c) soundtrack
d) Cyberpunk 2020 notebook

Oct 28, 2017
Cover looks fine to me, but that's probably because I'm a PC player and don't really give a fuck about box arts.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
"can we leverage the genre's motifs or our game's specific themes, or anything beyond the fact that you can shoot a gun in our game for its cover art?"

"no"

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The Witcher 3's standard edition had something similar to this with the map and stickers which is why I'm a bit hesitant to say it's the deluxe especially with nothing explicitly stating it is.

Plum

May 31, 2018
The big splash of yellow stands out, and then it's your typical male figure holding a weapon. Pretty much standard for western cover art unless the developer insists on making it themselves.

I know why that was chosen but I don't know why that was chosen over pretty much any other option. There are tons of ways to show action and have a box-art stand out that aren't just "guy in a boring pose on a bright yellow background."

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Whats Cyberpunk about that box art? The Jacket?
Fucking Lame, this is worst than the Gears 5 Cover,
I mean, when RPGs or non mainstream games try to be "Cool" for mainstream audiences is always fucking lame.
AMEE69.jpg
239180-mass-effect-3-xbox-360-front-cover.jpg
262188-bioshock-infinite-xbox-360-front-cover.jpg

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of the Bioshock infinite box art. Ken Levine said, they had to put a generic looking dude with a gun on the cover, cause it sells better.

Edit: See above.