• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

Cyberpunk: Edgerunners tells a standalone, 10-episode story about a street kid trying to survive in a technology and body modification-obsessed city of the future. Having everything to lose, he chooses to stay alive by becoming an edgerunner—a mercenary outlaw also known as a cyberpunk.

CD Projekt RED, the company behind the Cyberpunk 2077 video game, is producing the series, with a creative team formed of talent from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and Cyberpunk 2077. The team at CD Projekt RED has been working on this new series since 2018.
Acclaimed Japan-based animation company, Studio Trigger, will serve as the animation studio on the series and bring the world of Cyberpunk to life with their signature, vibrant style. Hiroyuki Imaishi (Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, Promare) will direct the series along with assistant director Masahiko Otsuka (Gurren Lagann, Promare), creative director Hiromi Wakabayashi (Kill la Kill), character designers Yoh Yoshinari (Little Witch Academia, BNA: Brand New Animal) and Yuto Kaneko (Little Witch Academia), and the adapted screenplay by Yoshiki Usa (SSSS.GRIDMAN, Promare) and Masahiko Otsuka (Gurren Lagann, Kill la Kill, Promare).
The original score will be composed by Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill series).

EbXrHrQUcAAlaPS

EbXsiJLWAAA7X2a

Last edited:

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
please do not be cg. the image gives me hope its not

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Any word on length? Movie? TV series of 13-26 episodes? Short OVA?

If I had to guess it's an OVA that's like 10-30 minutes like that Blade Runner anime that came out. But this has the potential to be super cool.

Edit: Actually now seeing it's coming in 2022, it seems like that's enough time that it might be a full length thing?

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any word on length? Movie? TV series of 13-26 episodes? Short OVA?

If I had to guess it's an OVA that's like 10-30 minutes like that Blade Runner anime that came out. But this has the potential to be super cool.

Edit: Actually now seeing it's coming in 2022, it seems like that's enough time that it might be a full length thing?

10 episodes.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
Oh nice, but also I 2022, thought this would come out before the game and tie in and got a bit excited :P
Still cool!

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Imaishi is a fucking horrible fit for this. Sushio is going to be all over this though. Dude is a huge Akira fan.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
2022?
They haven't even started on on this most likely mediocre anime Lol
I advise you to watch an anime called Shirobako to get a decent idea of just how much time between air date and episode creation generally exists in this industry. You'd be surprised.

I'm betting it's 2022 because Trigger has other shit they're doing between now and then (plus COVID-19 complicating production stuff).

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I advise you to watch an anime called Shirobako to get a decent idea of just how much time between air date and episode creation generally exists in this industry. You'd be surprised.

I'm betting it's 2022 because Trigger has other shit they're doing between now and then (plus COVID-19 complicating production stuff).
I understand how anime works. It's just funny announcing an anime that will come out two years after the game will be out at the earliest

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Maybe TRIGGER can finally make something that is not a poor's man version of another anime made by Anno or Tsurumaki!

Status
Not open for further replies.