• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
It isn't a matter of choosing somebody's work to take, but about being wary of what AAA developers say these days. There's nothing in that tweet that suggests 2020 won't have microtransactions - and based on history - there's still a high chance the game will have them added in before or post-launch.
I don't think it's entirely fair to judge CDPR by what others have done instead of what they have done. Sins of others shouldn't be put on them. They exploit the worker, not consumer =P

Edit: Also I don't think they explilictly stated that there's no microtransactions. But atleast there wont be loot boxes. Fair mtx is fair.

Deleted member 21

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I've edited the thread title as I felt it didn't accurately represent the tweet; I don't think there is no definitive statement regarding MTX in there (there are other SP focused games with MTX btw, one just topped the charts last month)

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Or, you know, a huge game, free DLC, big expansions and MTs. That's still not less than The Witcher 3.

This is a terrible example to try to make this dumb-ass point. Not only they are in Poland where development costs are much lower, they also treat their employees like shit.
They also got money from the EU as well.

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
tRpU0QU.gif

B-Man

Oct 27, 2017
I stopped buying games on release day for more than a year now (i think last game i pre-ordered was "Uncharted 4"), but if they keep their word i'm definitely Pre-ordering this to support the developers.

I see many comments regarding how they treat the employees, what's all that about ? can someone please give me a link or a TL;DR ?

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Ha, I remember the concern trolling about CDPR going with a GaaS route. It was during the Forza 7/Shadow of War debacle.

Big middle finger. Love these guys and I will support good practices like these.

Suicide King

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TW3's combat was fine. Also, I'll trust them for now. If it changes later, it changes. It's not like I spent money on the game already.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
This is funny for me as I was told in another thread this game is a multiplayer game. Glad to see this statement.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious, what are people stance on non-lootbox microtransaction like the one in Persona 5 or Assassin's Creed Origins ?

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds fantastic . The setting itself is ironically the perfect place to put ads , and I wouldn't mind it one bit. One of the few times I wouldn't care about ads appearing on signs / world .

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Please be true, I have faith in yall from your last three games which were all excellent but still, I can't help but be a little worried in 2017 with all of the good games and franchises being tainted by this crap.

GamerForever

Oct 27, 2017
Gamers have spoken in mass and devs/publishers have taken notice. I predicted this a couple months ago, some publishers where gonna go to far with the whole loot box scam and gamers would revolt. Lets hope this is a new trend among devs, taking a stand against this exploitative money scheme. Good job CD Project, lets hope more gollow suit

Oct 30, 2017
CDPR are proof that single player games, big budget single player games, are profitable. Make a good game, it sells, hence the 10 million copies sold.

IXI FalcoN

Oct 27, 2017
I trust CDPR to not fuck this up. They haven't let me down yet.

Have to wonder what this MP component is going to be. Maybe some kind of invasion mode?