• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Just like The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077 will support a lot of languagese:

- English
- French
- German
- Spanish
- Italian
- Arabic
- Hungarian
- Polish
- Japanese
- Chinese
- Russian
- Korean
- Czech
- Portugese

The list is not final and CDPR might support more languages.

TW3 language support
RQMkKeY.png

Last edited:

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OK...great I suppose.

I wonder if they are still going to have NPCs in game speak different languages and you need to get a translator cybernetic upgrade to understand them. i remember them saying something about that. sounds really interesting.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Witcher 3's Turkish packaging, manuals, et al. were great, it'd be quite lovely actually if Turkish ended up getting supported too.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll censor the Arabic version like they did with The Witcher 3.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Japanese Chinese and Korean?????? Im extremely impressed. Not used to AAA games supporting all 3

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I hope I'll be able to play Cyberpunk in japanese with english subs, lol, sounds so surreal. It'd be great for a second run.

Though I'm afraid they're gonna separate languages by regions like they did with Witcher 3 :(

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
This game is going to be like 150GB isn't it

Not all versions include all languages. Each region will have its respective languages I think.

Anyway, that's why selective downloads should be a thing on consoles. At least on PC, it has all the languages and you can select which languages you want to download.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't the original intention to have characters speak foreign languages and the character needing either knowledge of that language or a universal translator to understand it?

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll censor the Arabic version like they did with The Witcher 3.

Considering i've not seen changes in censor laws in Japan or UAE, there will be censorship. No entrails in japanese and no nudity in arabic (at least UAE package), it's mandatory (we already know the base game has full nudity is shown, don't know about entrails yet).
Nooooow... there should be mod support on PC ... xD
edit: Perhaps there will be a separate arabic package, like an "international arabic" version, who knows.

Last edited:

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Whew. That's a really massive undertaking considering the sheer volume of text and dialog in CDPR games and how big Cyberpunk is probably going to be. Impressive.

starfox

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portugal
Brazilian you mean. If this were a Sony game then indeed, when i read Portuguese, i usually expect "Portuguese". misleading.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Considering i've not seen changes in censor laws in Japan or UAE, there will be censorship. No entrails in japanese and no nudity in arabic (at least UAE package), it's mandatory (we already know the base game has full nudity is shown, don't know about entrails yet).
Nooooow... there should be mod support on PC ... xD
edit: Perhaps there will be a separate arabic package, like an "international arabic" version, who knows.

Do Ubisoft censor nudity in Arabic versions of their games too?

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
And I'll be choosing only one of them as I do Microsoft's smart DL thing.