• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 12, 2017
does that mean we'll hear about Granblue Fantasy: Relink that they announced in 2016 with platinum games and then had to do a reboot? unlikely.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Or an unexpected Uma localisation, lmao.

Gotta get them worldwide whale bucks.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it is a screencap from GBVS used, so information regarding the major update due early next month will be a given at the very least.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
CyGames, still no official way to play Granblue in the west, but the game is fully translated in english and playable, has been for 7 years lol

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
Where the hell is their game where you fight against a dragon in the only sequence they've shown?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Probably getting ready for a Relink launch push soon. Was still on target for 2022 from what they last said.

Kaze

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure what that account is about since the GBVS and Relink accounts do tweet in english but why not. For the people worrying about yet another Relink delay, it seems CyberAgent/Cygames are confident with the 2022 target. From their latest FY Q2 results :

5e83a1cd07.jpg

CyGames, still no official way to play Granblue in the west, but the game is fully translated in english and playable, has been for 7 years lol
Cygames is probably the biggest gaming company in Japan without a western branch.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure what that account is about since the GBVS and Relink accounts do tweet in english but why not. For the people worrying about yet another Relink delay, it seems CyberAgent/Cygames are confident with the 2022 target. From their latest FY Q2 results :

5e83a1cd07.jpg

Cygames is probably the biggest gaming company in Japan without a western branch.

Yeah which I why I thought this was particularly interesting since they're finally doing this after Dragalia, GBVS, the ZOE port, and Shadowverse.

Those 3 games there are going to be the highest profile international releases they'll have going forward, so I think it's possibly in preparation for that. Otherwise we would've been seeing Relink in the August summer stream anyway, if they're still on track for 2022.

Or it's for an Uma localisation, who knows lol.

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I wonder if naming rights with the horse's owners would be an impediment to getting Uma Musume brought over. Having said that, didn't seem to be a big issue with getting the anime on Crunchyroll so maybe not.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm interesting. Makes sense since they have a few console projects in development that are also releasing internationally. I hope they handle those releases better than GBVS.

Maybe they'll finally put the VS game on sale.

They already dropped the price of that permanently.
The base version is 20 bucks and the version with all the (current) DLC characters is 50.

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Or an unexpected Uma localisation, lmao.

Gotta get them worldwide whale bucks.

yabai desu ne
That account follows GBF, GBVS, GBF:Relink, Shadowverse, CygamesPictures but not Priconne, World Flipper or Uma Musume.
Also in before Akiba Maid War, Project GAMM or Lost Order haha... ha. ha. Sigh.

Last edited:

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
There is an official way to play Granblue Fantasy - Their official browser app that is also localized in English by CyGames. You still have to pay in Yen if you go down the gacha hole, but it's not region locked to anything.

It's honestly the best way to handle it than having to update two versions that would be almost 9 years apart in content.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If anything this is because of the Relink release, which is still stated to release this year. I need some more info about that, please.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if naming rights with the horse's owners would be an impediment to getting Uma Musume brought over. Having said that, didn't seem to be a big issue with getting the anime on Crunchyroll so maybe not.
They recent get Montjeu(real one this time) and The Arc(race)'s right so maybe there is chance.

JohnnyJoestar

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I've seen a lot of people suggest that the account might not be legitimate. Zero acknowledgement by any of the other official accounts.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
The game is getting localized in Korea very soon, so I don't think it leaving Japan is impossible.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
lol I hope it ain't a fake, suddenly my hope for ReLink happening this year shot through the roof.

Kaze

Oct 28, 2017
I've seen a lot of people suggest that the account might not be legitimate. Zero acknowledgement by any of the other official accounts.

For what it's worth, the Granblue director is following it (and plenty of Cygames twitter accounts don't have checkmarks). But yes, it does look weird/fake. We're getting Relink news early August in the worst case anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

The game is getting localized in Korea very soon, so I don't think it leaving Japan is impossible.

They announced Taiwan release too.

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019
Putting aside if the account is real or not, I hope Cygames can step up their marketing a bit.

GBVS's marketing and release was pretty weak/confusing and it would be a shame if that carried on over to Cygames upcoming projects because they look promising.

Re:link looks super high quality but it's pretty much only ever shown off during streams for the original mobile game. Not surprised that people don't know it's set to release this year for now, or they just don't know about it at all.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Re:link looks super high quality but it's pretty much only ever shown off during streams for the original mobile game. Not surprised that people don't know it's set to release this year for now, or they just don't know about it at all.
I think it was announced, or at least shown, in past Sony TGS events so it'd be nice if Sony had the game again on one of their big showcases.

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
Probably going to reveal the GBVS new mechanics soon. Kind of a shame they will release on the same month as DnF: Duel but i'll try to find some time for both, i don't see DnF really replacing it for me.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GBFV DLC
GBF Relink release date
Project Awakening release date

Let's go

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Granblue Devs* are huge FFXI nerds so more games with that FFXI kind of world design would be fucking amazing. Even if its only a small influence.

*Or maybe it was just the one Dev but he seemed like he had a lot of pull lol

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Putting aside if the account is real or not, I hope Cygames can step up their marketing a bit.

Like their parent (CyberAgent, which started as an internet advertising agency), they're really good on the marketing front in Japan and to a much smaller extent in East Asia, but have left the field so wide open everywhere else that almost everyone else worth their salt (ex. China, Korea, Aniplex, to an extent bushiroad) have overtaken them in marketing mindshare overseas as they haven't put much effort ever since bursting out and crash and burning with Rage of Bahamut (with DeNA).

Almost ironically given the replies to the initial tweet, they're most known statewide for a game that's announced end of service (Dragalia Lost, co-developed and published with Nintendo)
www.resetera.com

CyGames/Nintendo’s Dragalia Lost will be shut down

Everyone who still played this probably saw the writing on the wall months ago, but it’s still really sad to see. I’ve only ever missed *one* daily login bonus since day 1. I truly, truly love the Dragalia Lost world and characters, and it’s really sad that games like it don’t even get the...

EDIT: Talking about not great (overseas) marketing, the Relink twitter hasn't had an update since Feb 4 after putting out daily tweets since the re-announcement of a 2022 date back in GBFest on Dec 12. Has been three months plus of absolute silence.

Granblue Devs* are huge FFXI nerds so more games with that FFXI kind of world design would be fucking amazing. Even if its only a small influence.

*Or maybe it was just the one Dev but he seemed like he had a lot of pull lol

Starting from one of their co-founders and now senior producer Yuito Kimura https://twitter.com/KimuraYuito the dev team (particularly GBF's) are big FFXI fans. They did a big collab / 20th anni stream of them fooling around in FFXI not that long back:

EDIT 2: KMR's primarily a producer, he doesn't really direct stuff - I meant to say 'senior managing director' as part of their board.

Last edited: