• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
026011_or0tkou.jpg

https://www.herni-svet.cz/assassins-creed-3-liberation-remaster-switch

https://old.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...ral_czech_eshops_leaks_the_assassins_creed_3/

Looks like it's 99% confirmed at this point. I don't know if the artwork already exists but still, very excited to see how this is on Switch. I'm taking a guess and say Virtuos would be doing the ports since they did Ezio Collection on other platforms, so they have AC port experience.

Thoughts?

Oct 25, 2017
3 was also on Wii U, but not very good.
Didn't hear good things about liberation either.

Far Cry 3/4, Ezio collection, 4 and that 360 only sequel, or something else probably would've been better choices.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! I kind of wish they'd rolled Rogue in to it as well and just make it a post-ezio trilogy. Liberation had some jank, but I really liked Aveline and it was mind blowing on vita. Glad to see it getting some love again.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
It is impossible to keep a secret these days, huh.
Not that Ubi isn't the poster child for leaks, lol.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this is just not putting your best foot forward. Black Flag/Freedom Cry/Rogue would have been a better idea.

Oct 25, 2017
PSP and Vita got their exclusive AC games.
Do wonder if Ubisoft will/would either downport a current gen title or make some form of spin off. There was a mobile 3D open world one not too long ago

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
Liberation is the worst AC and 3 is an alright game. They should have done an Ezio Collection or Rogue and Black Flag.

KratosEnergyDrink

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why 3? The only AC game that had been already on a Nintendo platform and has therefore probably the lowest sales potential.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
meh. who asked for this, ubi? are they going to say "mature games does not sell on nintendo system" then?

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
They are putting these out for switch because they are gonna be included in the season pass for the current AC. Ps4 and xbox one are getting this as a stand alone as well. Now if this got announced for everything but switch people would complain about that too...

Oct 25, 2017
They are putting these out for switch because they are gonna be included in the season pass for the current AC. Ps4 and xbox one are getting this as a stand alone as well. Now if this got announced for everything but switch people would complain about that too...
Far cry 3 was given way as part of the FC5 season pass and that didn't get a port

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Very curious on what the improvements and whatnot the new version of AC3 will have, and maybe if Liberation will get any as well.

I do remember AC3 not being terribly well received. Funny thing the director would direct Far Cry 4 and I'm pretty sure that was much better received.

the switch and ESRB logo looks higher res than the art

You see this sometimes with placeholder boxes, even of official ones. Pretty sure those logos were made as vector images and the box was severely enlarged, hence why the artwork is lower-res.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
So AC3 had exclusive content on PS3... and even a free mission from a Walmart Edition. :P Any indication that all this in in the remaster?

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
Good news the series is coming to the platform. maybe people want other parts, but they will come in time, I think, as long as the system is able to run them.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I must be one of the very very few people who doesn't like Rogue lol.

I'm all for this collection!

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
I want all AC games from 1 to Odyssey on Switch. Make it happen Ubisoft. You want ny money, its ready to buy AC games on it.

Starphanluke

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 15, 2017
Damn, I fucking loathe AC3. I'd honestly just like to have The Ezio Collection on Switch.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, I fucking loathe AC3. I'd honestly just like to have The Ezio Collection on Switch.
Same.
This is not the collection I was expecting or wanting for the Switch.

Sadly, if the price is low enough I might pick it up. I have wanted to play Liberation and while I was extremely let down by AC3, I think I did skip over its better bits (the household/base stuff) so if the port is good I might be willing to give it another try. I do like Open World games quite a lot of Switch, they can be good TV/Podcast games to zone out too when doing the checklisty stuff.

Plus, who knows, if it does OK maybe we will get the Ezio Collection.
As someone unfamiliar with the AC titles, what's wrong with AC3 and/or Liberation?
For me, it was an unsatisfying conclusion to the Desmond/Modern Day storyline and I feel like the series has struggled with that element ever since.

I was also excited for the main character to be a Native American (and I do love his outfit), but I dont feel like his story was well told at all (I remember at least one weird time jump in his story, and then his final mission felt incredibly rushed like "oh that dude you've been looking for for years, he's right there, go chase him").
The relationship with him and his father was a bit interesting, but I remember that part being anticlimactic too.

Mechanically, I didn't really find the early American cities to be very fun to play in. There aren't many tall buildings to climb, and the roads were often too large to jump across buildings easily, so the parkour stuff that I loved the series for wasnt even as good as I like.

I might be curious to return to the game after so much time has past and my expectations going back to it are now very low, just to see if the story is as bad or better than I remember.

Last edited: