• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're already roughly three weeks from the release of DAEMON X MACHINA on Switch and the full website for the game just opened. It contains some neat details as well as a good presentation of the title in general. There's also a few new video clips (that I can't embed here because it's a custom video player).

THE MOON HAS FALLEN:
The moon tore apart, turning the sky into a kaleidoscope of red light that illuminated all who watched from below. A mysterious material called Femto rained down upon the world, bringing strange powers to those who touched it.
Now you must survive this apocalyptic new age as a mercenary, piloting powerful mechs to defend the planet from the corrupted machines called Immortals in this brand-new action game from Kenichiro Tsukuda (Armored Core) and mechanical concept designer Shoji Kawamori.

OUTERS:
You are an Outer—a pilot with special abilities that allow you to control the giant battle mechs known as Arsenals. Build and customize your Arsenal with a variety of powerful parts and weapons, some of which you can salvage from fallen foes and equip on the fly.

THE HANGER:
crfKwyv.gif

The Hanger is where mercenaries can access new missions, upgrade and customize their Arsenals, get body modifications, and more.

- Four serves as a sort of computerized "boss" for the team, providing training and dispatching missions. If you have questions—or just want to grab a mission—be sure to visit Four's hub in The Hanger.
- Your Outer can be enhanced in the lab through surgical body modifications, which can also improve your Arsenal's abilities. You can also change your Outer's appearance here.
- Develop new Equipment by acquiring new components, blue prints, and battle data.
- The Hanger's most popular hangout. The Ice Cream here really gives Outers a boost!

FEMTO:
After the disaster, a strange new element called Femto was discovered. This material contains a huge amount of energy which seems to enhance both humans and machines.
When you collect enough Femto, you can use Femto Armaments to temporarily enhance your offense, defense, speed, or even to create a powerful mirage.

Three kinds of Femto Armaments:
- ASSAULT SHIFT:
Lowers your defense but greatly enhances your weapon's power.

- WING SHIFT:
Temporarily increases your mobility without sacrificing stamina.

- SHIELD SHIFT:
Construct a barrier to prevent damage.

- MIRAGE:
Create a physical body double that fights beside you.

-> Please avoid endlessly talking about unrelated topics to this thread like game sales, nothing wrong with them but they've plagued the discussion around the game in the last few threads when it wasn't the subject at hand <-

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Woo! Bring on the hype. I know a lot less people are excited for this than say Astral Chain but I've been all about this since the first trailer. The demo was rough in a few places but they're improving on it and I can't wait to dive into what I hope is a new IP for the Armored Core enthusiast in me.

Ladioss

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
As an Armored Core enthusiast, I don't need a story. Just give me plenty of customization options for my mech and I will be happy.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to get my hand on it after they incorporated the feedback fixes. Looked so good in the video they showed at E3.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Looks good. I wish it released at another time of year but sooner or later I will buy it.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As soon as I get confirmation that performance is stable in the final release I instabuy it

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Btw, this trailer went largely unnoticed by people here last month but it's been promoted as an ad heavily in Japan:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Beam Saber baby! Now give me my Beam Pike

Also solid site, NOA has been good on making streamlined ones that are solid overviews

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for this and generally on blackout for it, but it looks like its shaping up to be a lovely game. High-level play should be a treat to see. Also, I didn't know Tsukuda was on it!

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
This has been one of my mosy hyped gamrs since its reveal, thank god its finally here. Its been a good while since a proper mech game and this goes above amd beyond that call.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
This looks really good

Probably a play docked with pro controller type of game though.

Judging from the demo, I'll go one step further and say it's even better with the Enhanced Controller that has two back buttons, that I mapped to jumping and dashing. Otherwise you can't aim, shoot and dash at the same time which is very problematic in a game such as this one.

That being said, they seem to have added a lock on function that could remove the need for aiming, but I don't know how early you unlock it, and if it's a module that has to replace another useful function.

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
very strange as it doesn't let me. I still have two vouchers left which I was going to use for this game and then pokemon when it's available. And I know i still have it because going to a game already released like Dragon Quest Builders 2 in the nintendo website it has the 'redeem voucher' option

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I hope this game rocks. I love Armored Core and while I wait for a new one I'll support this.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Pre-ordered this and Astral Chain a month back. Game looks dope and really hope it gets the taste of Left Alive out of my mouth.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
crossing my fingers that this'll be good
I think it's really going to hinge on if you've played previous Armored Core games and liked them and the play style or enjoyed what you played of the demo. Much like the Armored Core series, reviews were often mixed and I expect this to be no different. It's a unique game and series with a unique play style that won't be for everyone.

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
please be good please be good.. I want to use my voucher on this, but I'm waiting for reviews after release.

Redline23

Aug 18, 2019
please be good please be good.. I want to use my voucher on this, but I'm waiting for reviews after release.
I wouldn't rely on review for this game, Mecha games are not exactly popular and most mainstream reviewers don't care for them.

Just see the Preview of it in Gamexplain: These guys clearly are just not fan Mecha genres.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they fix the abysmal performance, because I am otherwise excited for this game. It's basically an even more anime armored core, and I'm all for that.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they fix the abysmal performance, because I am otherwise excited for this game. It's basically an even more anime armored core, and I'm all for that.

They've improved a lot the performance since the demo. Singleplayer missions seems to have little issues now. 4-player online co-op looks to still have room for improvements but I'm confident they'll iron out the issues.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Yeah, would like another demo version as well. As it stands I got to base my buying decision on the first demo and going off of that, this probably is a skip as a lot of things didn't really come together all that well in my opinion - in regards to technical aspects but gameplay stuff as well. I'd like to test whether I'd be able to fly around, shoot / fight and aim in this version of the game. Had some serious issues with the last demo in those regards, additionally to the mediocre framerate.

At least the music's really nice and I still love the artstyle.