• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Day 1 game for me.

Really glad they addressed the issues of the demo. Finally someone's picking up the ARMORED CORE torch From Software has left behind.

I hope it sells well enough within the crazy month of September.

Sterba

Oct 25, 2017
Super excited for this. Have been wanting something for that Armored Core itch. Though I am a little sad that it seems there's only bi-pedal mechs playable. Will probably use my last voucher for this, though I'm not sure how much I'll play at launch due to Gears 5 + Borderlands 3.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's really going to hinge on if you've played previous Armored Core games and liked them and the play style or enjoyed what you played of the demo. Much like the Armored Core series, reviews were often mixed and I expect this to be no different. It's a unique game and series with a unique play style that won't be for everyone.
yeah I'm a veteran of the AC series. I wouldn't mind more of that if there is a nice variety of guns and mechs with good performance

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
So hyped for this. I loved the demo but yeah I'm glad they improved the game based on the feedback because some stuff needed work.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
When was the last time Nintendo published some sort of mecha combat game in the West? Custom Robo, maybe?

Looks like this will definitely scratch the itch that previous Armored Core and Gundam Breaker games (not that dreadul last one, though) have always managed to. I've always appreciated ShĹŤji Kawamori's designs, and I also enjoy the action-RPG mechanic of being able to pick up gear/loot drops during battle.

Like some others, I didn't get to play the original demo, as I didn't own a Switch back then. Hope an updated one is released before or around launch; it'd be great to see how this handles and how the pacing feels compared to titles from the other mecha series above.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I've been super into this since the reveal trailer, and my excitement for the game has only increased from the reveal to the demo to now -- I've been asking for a new Armored Core for years, and to have Nintendo essentially publishing one with a super stylish art direction is beyond my expectations. I do wish it had been saved for a quieter month (really, any month that't not September 2019 on Switch), but I hope I'll be through Astral Chain quick enough to buy this on day one, because this is one of those cases where I'd like to express my support.

Speaking of expressing support, the preview reception of the game is a bit of a downer. The demo seems to have been a catch-22; the developers released what was openly regarded as an early vertical slice of the game for the express purpose of requesting feedback, and are now kind of haunted by the fact that the demo wasn't perfect, despite the fact that they've addressed an impressive amount of the user feedback. It doesn't make a good case for developers asking for feedback in the future.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I believe a second demo would take too much from the time needed to properly optimize and clear the project to be realistic at this point. They're probably crunching to release this next month.

Tamazoid

Oct 28, 2017
Pre-ordered. Very keen to play this game at release - I am quite optimistic that it will prove a great time.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
The framerate issues are what worries me!

If it was a locked 30 than I would prolly buy it day 1!

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
looks a lot like project nimbus. I've been considering getting a switch for the kids lately, will keep an eye on this.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This and freaking Astral Chain. It's all I really need, very soon. I will take a break from playing the 3 or 4 other games I'm currently playing. Full Focus on both of them japanese lovely babys, until I'm absolutely done with them. It will be damn good time for genre fans :)

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, a preview embargo for footage seemingly lifted off and there's some gameplay of handheld mode here for those interested:

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
The screen seems very busy with overlays...but I imagine players who invest the time to master the gameplay will be able to pull off some amazing maneuvers.