• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok i'm intrigued, how is Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn on Netflix?
There's a lot of baggage since it's one of the later shows in the original timeline. With the exception of turn a most spinoffs are standalone and you can start at the beginning of their timeline(Turn A is a tribute to every show before it while being it's own thing) but the main timeline you kinda want to go release order because it refers to every show before it in some capacity even when it takes place before it and the release timeline is roughly MSG '78->Zeta->ZZ->Chars counter attack-> 0080 War in a pocket-> 0083 stardust memories->F-91->Victory->Unicorn->Origins

And I'm pretty sure I skipped a few things too, this is just off the top of my head

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
Mech can't have Ice cream. Also how do you know it actually ice cream?
Wow, I didn't think I'd ever come across such a synthphobic post on era. Mechs love ice cream because it cools down their engines. I know it's ice-cream because the cute cartoon dog said so. He can't lie because he is a cute cartoon dog.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's one of the best ones but one of the worst to "start". If you watch it standalone it's fine, but if you're using it as an entrypoint to the series, it's the worst one to start.
Of course not, because you watch it and love it. Then you watch the rest and become disappointed that they aren't as HOT BLOODED SHOUNEN as G, so you seek out more mecha anime goodness. It's a ploy to get people to watch even more mecha. It's foolproof!

Apr 21, 2018
Scores are about what I expected, if not a little bit higher.

It honestly seems like exactly the game they showed us, and that's a good thing. The review complaints I've seen are the story and that the missions are rather repetitive, and it's not doing much to elevate it beyond what mech-game fans would want.

But it sounds like a dream come true for someone who is into these kind of games. The reviews are sort of souring me on an impulse buy, but down the line I'll probably cave when it's on sale. The demo was fun and it's rather polished. The character movement seems really fluid.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Wow, I didn't think I'd ever come across such a synthphobic post on era. Mechs love ice cream because it cools down their engines. I know it's ice-cream because the cute cartoon dog said so. He can't lie because he is a cute cartoon dog.
Flawless science. I think this solidifies the Daemon X Machina Review Thread as the best and only review thread. It is drama free AND has sound scientific analysis.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Considering that this is basically Marvelous Does Armored Core, the reviews are about where I expected. Looking forward to my copy, hopefully arriving tomorrow.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Not sure where this is coming from.
I had high hopes for this big September release for the Switch.
Well what your hopes? That it would gain arbitrary numberical values, or that the gameplay would meet your expectations? I mean I have no problem with someone being disappointed by reviews, but coming into a review thread and just saying "very disappointing" is a troll statement. what about it is disappointing that didn't align with your expectations?

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
About what I expected, the prologue felt okay but it didnt improve enough from the first one in my eyes as far as being fun to play.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well what your hopes? That it would gain arbitrary numberical values, or that the gameplay would meet your expectations? I mean I have no problem with someone being disappointed by reviews, but coming into a review thread and just saying "very disappointing" is a troll statement. what about it is disappointing that didn't align with your expectations?

The guy's a known troll, don't bother.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Want to give a special shout to God Is a Geek's video review by Mick Fraser and Adam Cook -- this seems to come from an Armored Core fan who is right in this game's niche, which I where I think a lot of the audience is coming from, too.