• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Heads-up! NIntendo has started sending out Daemon X Machina surveys (I got mine a half hour ago) that take probably 10-15 minutes to fill out thoughtfully. Hopefully everybody who put some time into the demo gets an opportunity to give formal feedback to the devs because, while I think there were a lot of rough spots, the game seems to have a lot of potential beyond some questionable design choices.

While there are several questions with the traditional Likert scale (very dissatisfied to very satisfied with a few points in between) there is plenty of space to fill out blank fields freely with whatever additional input you want to give about your experience and preferences about design and difficulty. Good to see devs looking for honest feedback well in advance of release. This is the kind of thing that ought to be promoted.

519685-daemon-x-machina-switch.jpg

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out.

I gave pretty critical feedback, but ultimately said I'm still very interested in buying the game.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I loved the demo, all I want is an unrealistic 60fps, now being more realistic give me a locked 30fps at all times.

Aside of that great stuff so far, I will be filling up the survey whenever I get sent one.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get a survey (yet?), but please, everyone tell them to add the option for gyro controls and to work on the frame rate.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I'll keep my eyes peeled for one. Despite the game's warts, I dig the overall idea and experience quite a bit. I hope they're able to address issues people point out and make some good QOL improvements.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
No survey for me. I didn't actually finish the demo though, haha; got too bored/annoyed by the third mission and never went back.

To me, this game is a frustrating mix of solid potential and lukewarm execution.

sheepysheep

Nov 19, 2018
The demo underwhelmed me but I want to like this game. Will def fill it out and hope the game looks better by release time.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

El Crono

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
I'm liking the demo, but I'm with everyone that says the UI needs some work. I never worked out where the enemy's HP indicator is.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Just filled mine out. I focused on the lack of feedback and feeling of power when firing guns, the performance and the confusing UI. I made some suggestions around all of that...

Also, is this the first mention of multiplayer?

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Heads up
Survey doesn't ask you if you're ready to submit and there's only 4 boxes to type stuff out

I accidentally submitted without mentioning half the things I wanted to say

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
thanks fam. I didn't find a space to mention the framerate before completing the survey, so hopefully everyone else will do it for me, but I could at least mention my only other issue being how difficult it is to spot the smaller enemies.

Yeah same but I bet you could re-take the survey from a different IP.

Also, lol
oa0SkCw.jpg

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I was waiting for a place to mention the rough performance, but it never came up. Hmm. That's like the most critical fault right now.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
There was no question asking about the framerate. Just put it in the text boxes instead I guess.

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I asked for:
1) Improved framerate
2) Gyro controls
3) Easier to distinguish between enemy and background (in particular, I suggested coloured outlines around enemies inside of the reticle)
4) Not having to go to the terminal or customization area to access all of the menus (in particular, I suggested something akin to Splatoon where you can simply scroll through all of the hub menus or physically go to them if you so choose)

That about covers my criticisms. They address those and I'm 100% in.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I should have said more on the open ended text boxes.

One question referred to Question 5, but question 5 was an open ended quested so I think they meant Quesiton 7 which was the multiple choice question right before it.

I did say I wanted autoattack weapons.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I like the question where they asked if the movements of the mechs are looking cool enough or not :)

Did my job and mentioned the framerate as the biggest problem.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I did it, also mentioned my biggest quibble: this game needs a beam javelin knockoff

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Because of the way the questions were worded, I forgot to mention in the survey that I wanted to see a more stable framerate (I'm going to assume they're well aware of this being an issue and it goes without mention), but things I did mention that I wanted to see improved based on their questions was

1. Gyro aiming as an option
2. Mech feedback is great, but add punchier sound effects as weapon firing feels lightweight right now
3. Make it easier to distinguish enemies on the radar
4. Be a bit more clear about new content/possibility to equip material, a lot of people playing the demo seem to have missed that you can upgrade your mech early on to increase the game speed exponentially

I think they were pretty specific on some of the questions due to that being things they can still "fix", so I hope people give them the right stuff. I'm excited for the game.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone, PLEASE tell them the TRUTH.

I want this to be as good as it can be, and it won't reach that level if nobody makes their concerns heard.

Dec 16, 2017
I haven't played the demo yet. Is the music as aggressive as the videos they show, because that's probably a deal breaker for me.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played the demo yet. Is the music as aggressive as the videos they show, because that's probably a deal breaker for me.
It's an orchestral metal driven OST, yes.

Though the main theme actually has more pure orchestra to it, so some in-game tracks might lean that way. One of the questions actually asks what people like the most and music is one of the selectable answers.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
I asked for:
1) Improved framerate
2) Gyro controls
3) Easier to distinguish between enemy and background (in particular, I suggested coloured outlines around enemies inside of the reticle)
4) Not having to go to the terminal or customization area to access all of the menus (in particular, I suggested something akin to Splatoon where you can simply scroll through all of the hub menus or physically go to them if you so choose)

That about covers my criticisms. They address those and I'm 100% in.
Great feedback, those would be my suggestions after the demo

Deleted member 32804

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Please please please can everyone who fills this in be sure to emphasise frame rate please? Gyro aiming is the other big one.

I really think if these two areas are focused on we could have something great!

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Really annoyed that the survey didn't give me the opportunity to complain about their piss poor character customization.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Filled it out, hopefully we see some performance and QOL changes as a result of this. The core gameplay was really fun.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Please ask for hd rumble lol

I bet that would definitely help with weapon responsiveness