• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
No options regarding performance or visuals :/ Ah well, was not kind about the menus or my expectations.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
The survey's a mess. But anyways, I just hope they improve the gunplay. Make it feel more impactful like you're shooting giant rifles and not a water gun.

I didn't notice the performance issues, but maybe I didn't pay enough attention. I did notice that a lot of effects aren't present in handheld mode like chromatic aberration every time you use the turbo.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
The survey's a mess. But anyways, I just hope they improve the gunplay. Make it feel more impactful like you're shooting giant rifles and not a water gun.

I didn't notice the performance issues, but maybe I didn't pay enough attention. I did notice that a lot of effects aren't present in handheld mode like chromatic aberration every time you use the turbo.
I've seen a few people say this now, and I find it extremely hard to believe. The game is well under 20fps for significant portions of gameplay. How do you not notice something like that.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There is a good chance that they didn't include framerate as an option because performance is already their #1 priority between now and release. Certainly should be, but then again who knows.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. I asked for bigger text size, gyro aiming, and for enemies to be easier to spot on the map (on account of I'm blind).

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I've seen a few people say this now, and I find it extremely hard to believe. The game is well under 20fps for significant portions of gameplay. How do you not notice something like that.

Frame rate is probably the #1 thing this game has to worry about. Its hurting what I feel is a pretty good game. Probably going to play the demo for a couple more hours just to grind out and try to get more parts.

Viale

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Liked the game a lot, but I'm hoping some of the enemy tells are conveyed a bit better in the actual game, and I hope the sword feels a lot better. I was so excited when I got one as a drop, and then it was just kind of... Not great to play with imo.

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
Quick PSA: If you played the demo and haven't received a survey email yet, I would recommend not using the URL directly to fill it out.

It's possible that Nintendo/Marvelous will want to ensure the survey was only filled out by people that actually played the demo (maybe even for X amount of time), and the best way to do this would be to track who found their way to the survey through their email, and who just happened to stumble upon it elsewhere.

Hold off for a couple of days, just in case they're discarding any responses that aren't through the email. And if you still don't have it in the next 2-3 days, maybe use the link then.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Quick PSA: If you played the demo and haven't received a survey email yet, I would recommend not using the URL directly to fill it out.

It's possible that Nintendo/Marvelous will want to ensure the survey was only filled out by people that actually played the demo (maybe even for X amount of time), and the best way to do this would be to track who found their way to the survey through their email, and who just happened to stumble upon it elsewhere.

Hold off for a couple of days, just in case they're discarding any responses that aren't through the email. And if you still don't have it in the next 2-3 days, maybe use the link then.
Too late, hope mine wasn't wasted

Acido

Oct 31, 2017

I mean with the amount of people mentioning the performance issues they must be a real problem no question. I have no idea how I didn't notice it myself but believe me, I'm saying the truth lol.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Where's my survey? I deleted the demo, do I have to have it downloaded to recieve one?
There is a good chance that they didn't include framerate as an option because performance is already their #1 priority between now and release. Certainly should be, but then again who knows.
Yeah I figure they don't need players to tell them that the framerate is rough.

They have functional eyes, after all.

EDIT: Saw the link and filled it out

Forgot to mention the gyro

Last edited:

Hx]

Oct 28, 2017
Kuwait
Hope it has good coop multiplayer, that's what I asked for in the survey

Loved the controls though was a bit confused at first

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
Thank for the survey link, completed in hope of improvement.
The biggest problem by far is the frame rate honestly.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Sent my feedback, thanks for the link!
I talked about Gyro and better feedback on shooting buuut forgot to mention the FPS... As someone else wrote I am going to take a guess and say they know about the lower frames at certain points and are already working on it.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I completed the survey, I hope the lack of "technical" questions about the framerate etc... means that they are working on it as their first priority and they are fully aware that is the main problem with the demo version.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I completed the survey, I hope the lack of "technical" questions about the framerate etc... means that they are working on it as their first priority and they are fully aware that is the main problem with the demo version.

The demo is version 0.1 and apparently is the E3 build. It was said that E3, by Treehouse at least, that the demo build was a "few months old" at that point.

So, HOPEFULLY, they have some eyeballs which can tell the framerate was trash and fixed it some time ago. I'm not too sure though, because would they really release a demo with bad frame rate if they have a perfectly good build elsewhere? Would that not just harm first impressions of the game?

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017
I played the demo from start to finish but didn't receive an e-mail. Oh well, gotta trust the other people in here on letting the developers know the relevant points.

Other that that, though, I really liked the game. Such games are a rare sight these days, so I'm gonna get it for sure. I don't care what score the game gets - hell, even the original Armored Core games didn't get the highest scores, but I still enjoyed them a lot.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There was no question asking about the framerate. Just put it in the text boxes instead I guess.

This is an early build, and framerate is one of the last things in development actually focused on from what I know of. It's a pretty meaningless complaint to put up as they already know it's an issue, it's simply how development goes.

People were 'worried' about the framerate on Days Gone a while ago, got fixed pretty fast as newer builds started showing

fepeinado

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
The demo is version 0.1 and apparently is the E3 build. It was said that E3, by Treehouse at least, that the demo build was a "few months old" at that point.

So, HOPEFULLY, they have some eyeballs which can tell the framerate was trash and fixed it some time ago. I'm not too sure though, because would they really release a demo with bad frame rate if they have a perfectly good build elsewhere? Would that not just harm first impressions of the game?
And E3 is now almost 7 months behind us.
I do think it's important to emphasize what bothers us, even if already known by the devs, just to signalize how critical we consider this

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, I took the survey from an email, and using the link again gives me "You have already taken this survey." Link won't work again, even from a different I.P. address, since it's tied to a unique key.

I don't know what that link floating around is, but I'd take the email survey if at all possible.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
That can't be possible, as the E3 build wasn't dubbed IIRC.
I mean adding dubbing doesn't prevent it from being the E3 build with the addition of dubbing. I wouldn't be surpised if they allocated the resources to only one demo and left it at that. It could very well be a different build but I wouldn't be surprised.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I got a survey, next thing i knew it was over and I hadn't complained about framerate and goofy looking emotionless avatars.

:-/ hopefully the rest of you gave better feedback than me.

Radu97

Feb 19, 2019
If someone still needs to do the survey can write those suggestions?
-Color option for HUD;
-Loadouts for both equipment and appearence of arsenal and outer;
-RGB color option with numerical values (for a better customization);
-Add more customization options like energy of arsenal, the black parts that you can't edit atm and weapons;
-Timer when you go out of map;
-Photoshoot mode;
-Add a ground pound melee attack.

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
Next minute the devs be like "so no one complained about FPS in the survey so we just left it as is. In fact, we decided to drop a few frames since no one cared".

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Next minute the devs be like "so no one complained about FPS in the survey so we just left it as is. In fact, we decided to drop a few frames since no one cared".
I get the impression most of these questions are specific because it's design stuff they can actually significantly change within reason before it releases. FPS is down to technical polish and is a problem they're most likely well aware of, no developer intentionally ignores performance issues.

GarrettInk

Feb 6, 2019
Received mine yesterday, addressed the lack of gyro and (IMHO) the readability of the menu in portable mode.

UnNamed

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My complains:
-text too small in handheld mod
-hard to see where the enemies are coming from
-fights on the ground are too slow
-camera issues

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I got the survey in my email tonight. A few days ago I followed and filled out the link shared earlier in this thread. When I clicked the link in the email, it gave me a message saying I'd already filled out the survey.

Not unexpected, just a heads up for anyone else who used the link out of impatience.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
I got the survey in my email tonight. A few days ago I followed and filled out the link shared earlier in this thread. When I clicked the link in the email, it gave me a message saying I'd already filled out the survey.

Not unexpected, just a heads up for anyone else who used the link out of impatience.

I had the same thing. Easily circumvented by using a different IP (mobile network/different location/proxy etc.)

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Am I alone in thinking this game should be more like Armored Core X Earth Defense Force.

It feels like it's haflway there in both fronts, but I think this could really excel if it embraced it fully.

Is that the goal?

Oct 26, 2017
I've still yet to do the survey, but I'm trying to 100% the demo by collecting everything. I think I have 43 weapons and armor (I think it's together).

Is Reaper at all killable? Last time I must've hit him with all my bullets as he was leaving and he never died. And I've tried numerous times. Also, is the cannon of the last Immortal actually collectable here? They said it was, but maybe only in the final game...)

My fav setup is having the auto-firing guns on both hands, no excess weapons, and the full set of the speed armor (Rai-something).

You're fast as HECK, and you still have some memory to spare. I forget where you get more processors though, I only have the two.

olobolger

Oct 31, 2017
Andalusia
I received the survey today (I downloaded the demo the day after the Direct though), so if any of you were still expecting it, it seems they are still sending them. I'll be very happy to add some feedback (basically the same most of you commented around here, though I have enjoyed the demo as it is still).