• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018

Sure enough, there they are on the poster in the corner.

ExDQELWUYAIP8dQ

Why are they there? Who knows! But it's wild.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Splatoon 2 did take a lot of inspiration from rap, especially the DLC. Wonder if they'll lean toward something new with 3.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Likely more of a hint that splatoon will take place in worldly locations than anything daft punk related.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing it's to emphasize the game's "Around the World" theme, moreso than Daft Punk itself. Though it wouldn't be shocking if Splatoon 3 focused on the electronic genre in the same way 2 referenced hip-hop

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a new music duo is like a tribute to Daft Punk? Each game has its own bands and at least some part of the Splatlands is "France" so......

OP
OP
Lord Vatek

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
My theory is that Splatoon 3's Callie/Marie and Pearl/Marina equivalents will be Daft Punk-inspired DJs.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
This also looks like it's based on the video they made to announce their retirement, no?

ExDQELXVIAMnEdw

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Is this by the magazine (like the feature and THEY did the picture) or from Nintendo? Because if it's from the magazine then it could be the photographer or editor or whoever wanted to include it as a tribute to Daft Punk since they announced their retirement.

If it's from Nintendo then that's cool and could link to at least part of Splatoon 3 being in France (with the upsidedown Eiffel Tower) and music inspired by them or the new announcers being Daft Punk style robo squids/octs.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Refresh rate aside, this game is gonna be so fucking good lol. Even seeing this random ass poster gets me excited.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
Sorry to rain on the parade but I'd like to remind y'all that everyone is working from home and I'd bet that this photo was just taken in someone's house while quarantined and they put their framed posted in to make the composition more interesting.

757cd96433b9052a09d03d6142465158.jpg

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
A Daft Punk inspired duo and a electronic influence on the OST sound so incredibly amazing that by that merit alone I cannot believe it

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Sorry to rain on the parade but I'd like to remind y'all that everyone is working from home and I'd bet that this photo was just taken in someone's house while quarantined and they put their framed posted in to make the composition more interesting.

757cd96433b9052a09d03d6142465158.jpg
As someone already posted, there's another image that seems to be directly referencing their retirement video. And Daft Punk is a french band while Splatoon 3 seems to be set in France. It COULD be nothing, but it would be some weird coincidences. I think it's hinting that the new idol duo will be inspired by them, this kind of teasing seems like something the Splatoon team would do.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Wait, it's a photo? I thought it was a detailed drawing.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Please no. No licensed music please.

If anything, it's a hint at their inspiration for the some of the music they're planning for the game.
I mean even if they made one song before they announced retirement that'd be dope. I also don't want their actual discog in the game or no one can stream it lol.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Nintendo is marketing this game so far out of release. They're usual strategy for revealing a game long before release is "teaser trailer followed absolute fucking silence for months or year(s) before big blowout rereveal with release date a couple months out"