• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Dai Gyakuten Saiban (The Great Ace Attorney) Translation Patch |OT| No laws, Sherlock

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the game, really liked it overall! But man, heavy cliffhangers to leave on lol.

I’m a dumbass and spoiled key parts of DGS2 for myself, hopefully by the time the fan translation is out I can forget lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the game, really liked it overall! But man, heavy cliffhangers to leave on lol.

I’m a dumbass and spoiled key parts of DGS2 for myself, hopefully by the time the fan translation is out I can forget lol.
I'm curious as to what you spoiled yourself on, but one big DGS2 spoiler almost certainly isn't as big as you think - the game barely tries to hide it.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious as to what you spoiled yourself on, but one big DGS2 spoiler almost certainly isn't as big as you think - the game barely tries to hide it.
Ah, I went deep into the Ace Attorney wiki so I did a lot lol...

Asougi being alive, van Zieks brother being a serial killer, and Vortex being the big bad

I still have the individual cases to look forward though and who knows what I’ll remember by the time I actually play it.

Still, I have no damn self control and wish i didn’t do what I did lmao.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I went deep into the Ace Attorney wiki so I did a lot lol...

I still have the individual cases to look forward though and who knows what I’ll remember by the time I actually play it.
That first one is what I meant by "DGS2 barely tries to hide it", though of course it's preferred to go in blind. The other two are bigger, but again, you'll see what you recall when you play it.

Rule number one: never look up anything on the AA wiki that might be related to a game you haven't played, lol.

Also, just to be on the safe side, you might want to remove that spoiler altogether, in case someone misreads and thinks you're referring to case 2 of this game or something.

Oct 25, 2017
That first one is what I meant by "DGS2 barely tries to hide it", though of course it's preferred to go in blind. The other two are bigger, but again, you'll see what you recall when you play it.

Rule number one: never look up anything on the AA wiki that might be related to a game you haven't played, lol.
Oh I knew what I was getting into, complete lapse in judgement in my part haha.

Still, cannot wait to play the second game. Playing through this one has made me realize I truly cannot tire of the formula, love each game.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I knew what I was getting into, complete lapse in judgement in my part haha.

Still, cannot wait to play the second game. Playing through this one has made me realize I truly cannot tire of the formula, love each game.
Usually in the Ace Attorney games the "why" and "how" are more important than the "who", so I wouldn't mind it too much. E.g. I also know the first spoiler of yours, but now I am all about "how was this possible?" and "why did that happen?".

I’ve decided to go ahead and hack my 3ds to do this and I’ve started downloading required files. But before I commit I want to check. If I follow this video first https://youtu.be/UJZYBS_eeLY followed by this one https://youtu.be/g7xCx-E_5Uo after approx the 8 minute mark - will that get me to a point where I just need the game and patch. Or should I follow the first video only and just consult the hack guide instructions ?

I added all the files to get the homebrew up and running but everyone I remove the sd card those files just disappear ! If I plug it back into my pc it’s as if I’ve done nothing. I can delete all the folders then eject it and when I put it back in they’re all there again. It’s as if it’s not being committed so I’m kind of stuck. Has anyone found this before ? Faulty Micro SD card (even though it appears fine when using on the 3ds)?

Cisce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I added all the files to get the homebrew up and running but everyone I remove the sd card those files just disappear ! If I plug it back into my pc it’s as if I’ve done nothing. I can delete all the folders then eject it and when I put it back in they’re all there again. It’s as if it’s not being committed so I’m kind of stuck. Has anyone found this before ? Faulty Micro SD card (even though it appears fine when using on the 3ds)?
seems like your SD card is dying.

By the way, if you haven't finished installing Luma3DS, I recommend following this site rather than any video, mainly because everything is up to date, and it's extremely clear:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

seems like your SD card is dying.

By the way, if you haven't finished installing Luma3DS, I recommend following this site rather than any video, mainly because everything is up to date, and it's extremely clear:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/
Thanks for the reply and advice. I’ll get a new one and have another go. I’m guessing I can just copy over the current files on my card to the new one?

Feb 24, 2019
Just finished case 3. The game is getting really boring. Everything unfolds way too fast with poor pacing all around. I have to wait until case 4 for a traditional investigation AND trial ? Fuck that. I guess they'll shoehorn Holmes, too.
The music is nice tho.

Got a new sd card and got everything up and running. Godmode9 1.8 wouldn’t work for me but 1.7 worked fine. On the dai guakuten instrucions it says to put the file into the Luma/payload folder. And it warns not to launch godmode9. So do I remove godmode 9 from that folder as well or just leave them both in ?

Cisce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the reply and advice. I’ll get a new one and have another go. I’m guessing I can just copy over the current files on my card to the new one?
You should be fine to do that.
Got a new sd card and got everything up and running. Godmode9 1.8 wouldn’t work for me but 1.7 worked fine. On the dai guakuten instrucions it says to put the file into the Luma/payload folder. And it warns not to launch godmode9. So do I remove godmode 9 from that folder as well or just leave them both in ?
You don't need to remove godmode9, just make sure to launch the DGS1-Patcher instead.