• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
A woman filed a request Monday for a domestic-violence order of protection against lawyer Michael Avenatti, who was arrested last week after an allegation of assault, according to court records. The docket for the Los Angeles Superior Court shows a hearing on the request by Mareli Miniutti was scheduled for next month. The request was initially reported by The Blast, which identified Miniutti as an actress.

Source: https://www.thedailybeast.com/avenatti-assault-accuser-requests-domestic-violence-protection-order

Avenatti seemingly reacting to the news that broke tonight:

@MichaelAvenatti 1h1 hour ago
I look forward to a full clearing of my name and disclosure of all of the facts. I have NEVER abused a woman or committed domestic violence against anyone. Any claim to the contrary is completely bogus and fabricated. I am a target. And I will be exonerated.

UPDATE:

@MichaelAvenatti
People think they are so smart. Until they post stuff on IG that undercuts their bogus, fabricated claims they made less than 24 hrs earlier. We can't wait for justice! #Basta

Last edited:

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Running for president and he allegedly does this? Makes no sense. Not a fan of Michael but this doesn't sound right. However, I will believe her until we have all the facts.

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Running for president and he allegedly does this? Makes no sense. Not a fan of Michael but this doesn't sound right. However, I will believe her until we have all the facts.

I have the same stance. While we have assholes like Wohl subverting the #MeToo movement like his piss poor attempt against Mueller, as long as this is being investigated, I'm believing the accuser.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Avenatti can fend for himself, he's literally a lawyer. I'm siding with the accuser until we learn more.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
This whole thing just seems really suspect.

I don't want to call out a potential victim while this is still being investigated, but something doesn't sit right here. Hopefully we'll soon get clarity on the situation and justice will be reached whatever the situation was.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Running for president and he allegedly does this? Makes no sense.
I mean, it's not like people generally carefully consider the consequences before beating their girlfriend. Wealthy, successful people all over are cheaters, wife-beaters, rapists, sometimes to the detriment of their careers and/or future aspirations.

Last edited:

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
You don't have to immediately believe anyone. Just take the accusation seriously.
Yep.

Investigate all credible allegations of sexual assault. Where there are questions of credibility, investigate anyway. But you don't need to immediately believe anyone, so long as you acknowledge that only a vanishingly small amount of allegations are outright false and no rational victim chooses to get involved with the criminal justice system for the fun of it. In other words, all else being equal, and the statistics bear it out, most accusations are at the very least not untrue (that is, they're not provably false).

For my part, I'll reserve judgment here too. This entire case is weird, thanks to Wohl.

Bacon & Eggs

Alt-Account
Nov 16, 2018
It infuriates me that so many people here are quick to accuse Michael. Y'all are contributing to nothing but fear mongering. It's disgusting.

Innocent until proven guilty. Always.

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Hmm...

mareliminiutti.com is already registered*

Domain Name: MARELIMINIUTTI.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1966159865_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com
Registrar URL: http://www.tucowsdomains.com
Updated Date: 2018-11-15T09:36:25Z
Creation Date: 2015-10-05T16:30:04Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2018-10-05T16:30:04Z
Registrar: Tucows Domains Inc.
Registrar IANA ID: 69
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
Domain Status: redemptionPeriod https://icann.org/epp#redemptionPeriod
Name Server: NS1.M72.SITEGROUND.BIZ
Name Server: NS2.M72.SITEGROUND.BIZ
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
>>> Last update of whois database: 2018-11-20T03:01:16Z <<<

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit https://icann.org/epp

Source: https://www.whois.net/

She made the website offline four days ago. Four days ago was the day that the news broke. I'm not sure if I understand the reasoning of the why.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
If Avenatti is guilty of abuse, then he deserves punishment.

However, nonsense like this:

Is suspect as fuck.

iamgone9828

Oct 29, 2017
I really don't know what to think about this one. OTOH, I wouldn't want to undermine legitimate accusations, women have struggled with that for far too long.

That said, Wohl's involvement is shady as fuck and lends credence to the idea that it's fake. If that's the case, that woman is a disgrace who's actively hurting the ability for women around the world to be taken seriously when they come forward with abuse.

I'm reserving judgement until we know more, but whoever wins, everyone else loses.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
If it's that piece of shit Wohl, that fucker needs to be locked up. Hell he should be locked up already.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Avenatti is guilty of abuse, then he deserves punishment.

However, nonsense like this:

Is suspect as fuck.

Well that just about killed any creditability this thing had...a conspiracy theorist, a mornic kid, and whatever the fuck Ann Coulter is...but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Let the chips fall where they may.

OP
OP
ZattMurdock

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
How would that be weird given that a huge news story just came out about her
Her instagram is protected. She deletes her official website the same day that Wohl "jokes" about his "intel" making another hit and then when the news break she's there accepting people adding her? It just seems weird.

What am I looking at?
Her website is down since November 15th. November 14th was when the news broke, November 15th is the same day Wohl's chime in.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Well that just about killed any creditability this thing had...a conspiracy theorist, a mornic kid, and whatever the fuck Ann Coulter is...but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Let the chips fall where they may.

The problem is that if this was a setup, the setup was to actually have a girl date Avenatti to destroy him later.

Wohl revealed undisclosed information about the case earlier in an interview.

That's beyond fucked up.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To me, this is starting to smell a lot like Wohl's accusation against Mueller.

Avenatti is a bit of a slimeball but yeah I wouldn't put it past a lot of people to try to weaponize the Me Too movement against publicly facing liberal men. That being said I do think its prudent to generally still believe the accuser until we have any evidence otherwise.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fishy all around. Waiting for all the facts before being on anyone's side, not sure any other position is reasonable.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
Her instagram is protected. She deletes her official website the same day that Wohl "jokes" about his "intel" making another hit and then when the news break she's there accepting people adding her? It just seems weird.

This is a classic example of how, once a woman accuses a man of something, literally any behavior she engages in will be viewed as suspect and shady.

If Wohl is involved we'll know soon enough since the guy is a complete moron. Until then, trying to pick apart the woman's behavior because she didn't behave in exactly the way you think she ought to have is just gross.

Wohl revealed undisclosed information about the case earlier in an interview.

I'd like to see a link to this.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Avenatti burned all his credibility with me during the O'Kavanaugh hearing. He said he didn't lie and then he lied.

Why should I believe him now? He has shown poor judgement already. Maybe this is more of the same. We'll see.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
You can think that the accuser's backers are shady as fuck while taking the investigation seriously. No need to judge the accuser til a thorough investigation is done.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a vortex of shit we live in where we're having to juggle the most ridiculously stupid conspiracy shit (because it's much more plausible than it should be) with real and troubling statistics (which are probably still under- reported even corrected for with other data) to figure out which tawdry disgusting thing it is and why it's just one of any number of fucking horror stories this administration has continually in its orbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.