• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfLore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Daily Mail link. Actually well sourced for once.

• Allison Mack, 35, is reportedly second in command of a secret sex cult at the heart of self-help group NXIVM
  • Mack is perhaps best known for playing Clark Kent's friend Chloe Sullivan on the long-running TV series Smallville
  • NXIVM, founded by Keith Raniere brands itself as a self-help group, but former members have said it's really a cult
  • Frank Parlato, a former spokesman for NXIVM, revealed on his blog that Mack has been running a secret sorority within the cult that brands women
  • The sorority, called DOS, has a master-slave hierarchy where Mack is only second to Raniere in terms of seniority, the blog states
  • She then presides over a small group of slaves, who in turn must recruit their own set of slaves or else face corporeal punishment
  • On her personal website, Mack says Raniere has been her mentor for many years
  • A spokesman for Mack said the actress is not speaking to the press currently
  • Earlier this week, former Dynasty star Catherine Oxenberg met with prosecutors in New York to detail her daughter's experience in the group

Full piece at the link.

Edit: NYT

Last edited:

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
tumblr_inline_n1y4bsEOdR1qgtgwf.gif

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
What? She's in a sex cult that literally brands women?

That's creepy.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Lol, so weird. Is this all consensual? Are them just a bunch of perverts jerking each other off?

Oh, I thought "brand" was in like a commercial sense. Not like fire involved. Sorry English is not my first language.

What the fuck is that, it's so out of left field, reminds me of Eyes Wide Shut

snapcracken

Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind, it is the Daily Mail, so this could all be bullshit. One of their lead sources is some washed up actress from a 1980s soap opera I've never heard of, who thinks her daughter is in the "cult" and getting abused.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"She's pretty, which means I can make light of these accusations."

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The world is a very murky place, I guess it's always been this murky, it's just that we seem to hear about all the murk nowadays.

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Story by Lois Lane" ... Hmm that's wired.
Sounds like a kinky pyramid scheme.
Pyramid scheme, which don't involve around money, are always cults. Both concepts work in very similar way, the difference is the desires, which the leaders try to trigger. With pyramid schemes they use people's desire to become rich and a cult uses people's hope for inward peace, to get them under their control (technically for some becoming rich is the same as getting inward peace).

Last edited:

DarthGoomba

Oct 30, 2017
As if headlines couldn't get any crazier this year...

Keep in mind, it is the Daily Mail, so this could all be bullshit. One of their lead sources is some washed up actress from a 1980s soap opera I've never heard of, who thinks her daughter is in the "cult" and getting abused.

Agreed. Sounds like something a trashy paper might make up.

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell did I just read? I can't tell if this is just some kinky stuff, or something more sinister.

Also, is there a better source than The Daily Mail?

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
It's the Daily Mail, so I'm leaning towards not believing this. Article also states she won an Emmy award and hasn't acted since 2015. Both statements are false. Not exactly nose to the ground investigating.

She's only been in 1 series since 2015.

Last edited:

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
This is so bizarre that I need more info.

But her PR dude saying "she ain't talking to the press" is a pretty odd response too.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
How does this kind of shit get started? Like...how do you willingly join a cult and get stuck there? How can someone be involved with this without close friends or family knowing? I have so many questions.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The Daily Mail isn't making up the sex cult and branding part. That was reported on by other papers earlier, I think starting with the New York Times. The Allison Mack part is their reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.