• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
0pCQ5X9.jpg

Howdy to newcomers and resettlers alike.

Arcades

Local Events

Art Museums

Science/Technology/History Museums

Zoos/Aquariums

Gardens & Urban Green Spaces

vZsODtM.png

Professional Sports
Collegiate Sports

Ya'll come on back now, ya hear?

Last edited:

-Wingman-

Oct 29, 2017
Iowa
Hey, I live around these parts. Never knew there was a OT for this. So what do we do in here? Chat about local venues, events, or whatever else?

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be in DFW area this Christmas again and I'd like to go to the Cowboys game. I'd prefer to not have to drive there from my in-laws place in North Richland Hills, is there a way to take a shuttle from somewhere around there? Also my wife and her family are not terribly interested in going so I may be going solo, which makes the idea of taking a shuttle even more appealing.

I'm not a huge football fan but I do want to see a game and wander around the stadium, ideally without spending a ludicrous amount for parking etc.

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'm going to be in DFW area this Christmas again and I'd like to go to the Cowboys game. I'd prefer to not have to drive there from my in-laws place in North Richland Hills, is there a way to take a shuttle from somewhere around there? Also my wife and her family are not terribly interested in going so I may be going solo, which makes the idea of taking a shuttle even more appealing.

I'm not a huge football fan but I do want to see a game and wander around the stadium, ideally without spending a ludicrous amount for parking etc.

Your best better is an Uber I think. Not aware of any shuttle service. It's absolute bullshit there's not some even light rail from dallas to then Arlington stadiums.

Oct 30, 2017
Tornado Terry's In Keller Is Pretty Nice, It's A Retro Arcade with a lotttttt of good fighters

nothing better than playing some MVC2 or SFA2 at a good ol fashioned arcade

OP
OP
Ottaro

Ottaro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to be that "How about this weather yall, amirite?" guy, but uhh..
How about this weather?! Ugh. It's hard to get into the holiday season mood when it's 90 degrees.

Oh hey! Hope i can keep up with this thread more now.
Good to see DFW representing once again.
Howdy, DFW-ERA! Rockwall here!
Howdy! Hope you're all doing well.

Dallas will always be here for you when you want to come back. :)

Dallas-resetERA representing here. Wow that's one hell of an OT banner!
Thanks!

Hey, I live around these parts. Never knew there was a OT for this. So what do we do in here? Chat about local venues, events, or whatever else?
Yep! Anything going on in the area, any news, any questions, any events, places, restaurants you wish more people knew about. Even just stuff going on in our lives.

Like The_Inquisitor said, Uber/Lyft is your best bet if you're coming from North Richland Hills. Saving on not paying for parking will probably make the uber/lyft look a lot cheaper.
However, if you want an adventure and are close enough to the Richland Hills TRE train station, you could hop on the train going east and get off at the Centrepoint/DFW Airport station to connect to Arlington's one and only bus line, the Metro Arlington Express (MAX). But I think from any of the southern bus stations anywhere close to the stadium you're iooking at a 25+ minute walk to get to the stadium itself. You could get an uber from that point but it might be easier just to get one from the start.

Tornado Terry's In Keller Is Pretty Nice, It's A Retro Arcade with a lotttttt of good fighters

nothing better than playing some MVC2 or SFA2 at a good ol fashioned arcade

Ahh! Thank you! I'm going to check this place out; I am always on the look out for more arcades.

Oct 30, 2017
I don't want to be that "How about this weather yall, amirite?" guy, but uhh..
How about this weather?! Ugh. It's hard to get into the holiday season mood when it's 90 degrees.

Howdy! Hope you're all doing well.

Dallas will always be here for you when you want to come back. :)

Thanks!

Yep! Anything going on in the area, any news, any questions, any events, places, restaurants you wish more people knew about. Even just stuff going on in our lives.

Like The_Inquisitor said, Uber/Lyft is your best bet if you're coming from North Richland Hills. Saving on not paying for parking will probably make the uber/lyft look a lot cheaper.
However, if you want an adventure and are close enough to the Richland Hills TRE train station, you could hop on the train going east and get off at the Centrepoint/DFW Airport station to connect to Arlington's one and only bus line, the Metro Arlington Express (MAX). But I think from any of the southern bus stations anywhere close to the stadium you're iooking at a 25+ minute walk to get to the stadium itself. You could get an uber from that point but it might be easier just to get one from the start.

Ahh! Thank you! I'm going to check this place out; I am always on the look out for more arcades.

It Has Marvel Vs Capcom 2, Street Fighter II, Ultimate Mortal Kombat III, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Mortal Kombat 4, Tekken 5, And Killer Instinct in terms of fighters, thats all i think of, but its a pretty solid lineup

and i'm just saying, The Weather Now Is Better than the shit we get in the spring

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Early renderings for the proposed DAL-HOU high speed rail station that would go just behind the convention center.

-http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/texa...ullet-train-station-could-look-like/512544427

Nothing flashy but it seems functional enough so long as the parking garages don't end up dominating the area. Also pictured are the skybridges to connect with the DART convention center station.

Looks nice. So what are we 10 years away at this point? I look at how project such as midtown are going and doubt the Dallas City Council will pull it off.

BoosterDuck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
goddammit, when I think the coldfronts are over here comes a cloudy rainy mess that ruins the forecast yet again

and on early voting day too I smell right-wing collusion

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
I got out of a movie and it was basically a monsoon downtown. Luckily I had my rain jacket but my bottom half was soaked from the walk home and I crossed several street-rivers.

Oct 27, 2017
Hi DFW ERA, been here just under a year (Irving) and looking to meet some folks in the area. Any thoughts on good local sports leagues, meet ups, and the like?

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
Hi DFW ERA, been here just under a year (Irving) and looking to meet some folks in the area. Any thoughts on good local sports leagues, meet ups, and the like?

Lots of stuff. There is a Dallas Retro Gamers group on Facebook that meets pretty regularly, and has great deals FS/FT. I'm kind of antisocial though lol, they tried for years to get me to come out, I never did. I'm a guest at a retro expo this weekend though.

I live in Muenster and commute to Plano. Pray for me hahah. I live for audiobooks on the drive.

NR1

Oct 25, 2017
Dallas, TX

Cookie (Boston Terrier) and Belle (Pug) knelt at the altar of the giant metal Ice God to beg for relief from the record breaking Texas heat. With a loud rumble, the benevolent God known only as "GE" bestowed the curious creatures with solid water. God looked upon the excited wagging tails of the puppies, and He knew that they were good girls.

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of stuff. There is a Dallas Retro Gamers group on Facebook that meets pretty regularly, and has great deals FS/FT. I'm kind of antisocial though lol, they tried for years to get me to come out, I never did. I'm a guest at a retro expo this weekend though.

I live in Muenster and commute to Plano. Pray for me hahah. I live for audiobooks on the drive.

Hmm, I answered the questions for the Facebook group and it seems like I can no longer access the page. Must have been blocked. Oh well.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else getting alerts for baseball sized hail in Dallas/North Dallas area? Work's closing the building at 2

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welcome to Spring in Texas; if the pollen doesn't kill you, the baseball sized hail to the head will.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Bump. Been increasingly interested in Dallas. Just because.

Arkaign

Nov 25, 2017
Bump. Been increasingly interested in Dallas. Just because.

Dallas had a fantastic arcade scene back in the day. Major arcades at every mall, and other places like the west end. I remember becoming one of the top SF2/CE/Turbo players in the area, then later competing at a tournament at UCLA where I ended up like 10th place lol. It was sobering after not seeing that level of competition locally. When traveling, most cities didn't offer that great of a challenge, but LA seemed to have the elites.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Dallas had a fantastic arcade scene back in the day. Major arcades at every mall, and other places like the west end. I remember becoming one of the top SF2/CE/Turbo players in the area, then later competing at a tournament at UCLA where I ended up like 10th place lol. It was sobering after not seeing that level of competition locally. When traveling, most cities didn't offer that great of a challenge, but LA seemed to have the elites.

On another note, I know a suburb in Dallas has the National Video Game Museum.