• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

If you can't watch it for one reason or another, Reuben basically tells everyone at the last 15 or so seconds of the panel VoD to turn off their phones before they show off a video from Capcom meant for the panel. For more context, Dan Southworth later commented that they can't talk about the footage they showed at the end of the panel until Capcom official reveals it.

pLZsDRL.png

Sounds like we're getting DMC5 DLC to me (especially with Gamescom on the horizon), but I suppose Capcom could throw a curve-ball. Either way, it's definitely DMC-related.

Sources: Dan Southworth (Facebook), DMC Subreddit

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
If it's Vergil and Dante's VA's, then i'm sure it's the Hell Campaign which features the both of them playable.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I would really appreciate some more RE2 DLC instead. Ghost Survivors was a fun distraction for a couple hours, but I want the real goods.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reuben co-owns a mocap studio in Japan and afaik that's the one used by Capcom for their games, so yes, they can't stop working with him.
Sure they can. He CO-owns the studio but doesn't mean he deserves to be a part of any game project.

Shitty people own companies, they don't need to be employed beyond that.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sure they can. He CO-owns the studio but doesn't mean he deserves to be a part of any game project.

Shitty people own companies, they don't need to be employed beyond that.
He would still be involved either way, & there's still the issue of his friendship with various people at Capcom (Itsuno included, who Capcom almost lost once before).

Again, would I prefer him gone, certainly. But I've had to come to terms with that likely not happening given Capcom's situation.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This. If DMCV gets DLC over RE2...

It wouldn't be surprising, at all.

DMCV DLC will very likely just be Vergil (with a very low chance of Lady/Trish). The character(s) would be playable in the already existing campaign and modes and that's it.

What people want with RE2 is more story content and that would be a lot more work.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
AFO is an anime con? I think it could be related to that anime by the Netflix Castlevania guy then

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
AFO is an anime con? I think it could be related to that anime by the Netflix Castlevania guy then
It would make more sense for Shankar to be involved with the panel rather than the DMC panel to reveal it. Not to mention it seems a little too early for that considering the rights were bought less than an year ago.

It could be a mo-cap video or some exclusive documentary, but the mystery surrounding it is a bit weird.
Have the viewers of the panel leaked any information yet? If it was a big announcement, we would have something sooner I guess.

If it's Vergil and Dante's VA's, then i'm sure it's the Hell Campaign which features the both of them playable.
Pls, I need this so hard! Let them get their shit together and fight side by side in that same tone as their last scene with that Jackpot joke. I want a whole game like that since forever! .__.

Edit: Lol, wut?! Somehow quoted totally wrong. XD Quick fix.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
It would make more sense for Shankar to be involved with the panel rather than the DMC panel to reveal it. Not to mention it seems a little too early for that considering the rights were bought less than an year ago.

It could be a mo-cap video or some exclusive documentary, but the mystery surrounding it is a bit weird.
Can the viewers of the panel leaked any information yet?
That's actually a realistic possibility. But at the same time, I'm not sure if Capcom would have a hush order on making it public if it was just that. At most, I could see Dan & Reuben being able to vaguely talk about it but not being able to go in detail until the video officially drops if it was a mo-cap documentary video.

darkslayer101

Oct 25, 2017
That's actually a realistic possibility. But at the same time, I'm not sure if Capcom would have a hush order on making it public if it was just that. At most, I could see Dan & Reuben being able to vaguely talk about it but not being able to go in detail until the video officially drops if it was a mo-cap documentary video.
Makes sense, but what bothers me is that if it WAS something big to announce, someone from the crowd would have leaked by now, no?

Teppen and the DMC5 comics hasn't forgotten!

Lucia belongs in the retconia hole of non existence (barring light novel cameos) alongside the rest of DMC2
She deserves another shot, her backstory is pretty compelling not to mention her arsenal.
66661516_473121973231601_5369307865677428451_n.jpg

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense, but what bothers me is that if it WAS something big to announce, someone from the crowd would have leaked by now, no?

Teppen and the DMC5 comics hasn't forgotten!

She deserves another shot, her backstory is pretty compelling not to mention her arsenal.
66661516_473121973231601_5369307865677428451_n.jpg
I play Teppen so I know. Just being facetious since their references are rather few and far between. Especially in game.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom seemed pretty clear about DMCV's development being finished with no DLC incoming, so it's hard to hope even though I'd very much like DLC to be the case.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Capcom seemed pretty clear about DMCV's development being finished with no DLC incoming, so it's hard to hope even though I'd very much like DLC to be the case.
They say that, but they also updated the playable Vergil with more moves and more complete visual effects. It's not that uncommon for companies to publicly deny doing something right up until they announce it, like when Nintendo was very insistent that they weren't doing a 3DS revision two days before the 3DS XL was announced.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't be surprising, at all.

DMCV DLC will very likely just be Vergil (with a very low chance of Lady/Trish). The character(s) would be playable in the already existing campaign and modes and that's it.

What people want with RE2 is more story content and that would be a lot more work.

All of this.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
They aren't going to reveal big DLC at some small time panel. It's likely some behind the scenes stuff that didn't make it into any of the CE's or documentary.

If it is a reveal, I'd imagine marketing is still tied with Microsoft or shown before this panel.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Lol.

It's not happening people.

It's something related to the DMC anime that's coming from Netflix if I were to guess.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Coop isnt even difficult for Capcom to implement. Modders have already modded in coop to the game for numerous missions.

Same for being able to play any character in every mission (well 90% of missions). Modders have done that too along with other various game play tweaks and features (like Turbo mode).

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
My #2 game of 2019 so far. I'm not one to buy much DLC but this will be the exception. Would be a surprise considering how DMC 5 sold. If they sold DMC5 DLC to 10% of the people who bought the original, they'd sell less than 300,000 while developing for multiple platforms.