• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR

http://oniongames.jp/news/announcing-dandy-dungeon-for-the-nintendo-switch

This is Dandy Dungeon as it's always meant to be played: rebalanced for console release, and full of all of the monsters, loot, secrets, and surprises you could possibly want, plus brand new exclusive features!
Dandy Dungeon is the story of Yamada-kun (Age 36), a programmer at a major game publisher. He hates his job. Alone in his apartment, deep into the night, he toils to create a game of his own: it's an RPG, and he is the hero, Brave Yamada!

One day, he falls in love at first sight with his new neighbor Maria-chan. In an effort to nurture these feelings, he adds Princess Maria into his game!

Will Yamada-kun and Maria-chan find love?

Is destiny pre-programmed, or randomly generated? Is love a bug or a feature?

Find out in this unique, puzzling rogue-lite RPG, coming Summer 2019 from Onion Games!
More at the link above.

edit:

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I played it on iOS and liked it, shame they had to close service and it's only offline only now.
Will defînitely check the Switch version, rebalanced and new features sound sweet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eolz

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Update: releases on June 27, 25$

What is Dandy Dungeon?

• A roguelite RPG, fusing retro aesthetics with modern ideas and offbeat love-comedy!
  • Yamada-kun, builds a dungeon of delusions and delves right in!
  • Tune in to a musical mix of chiptunes and humming?!
  • Completely re-balanced for play on consoles!
  • New ranking system: become the bravest Yamada in the world!
  • Loot dungeons, evolve weapons, collect Dandy armour sets and catalog monsters

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I need to see how it's getting rebalanced, especially if they keep Onigiris and how you can earn them.

Deleted member 18179

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This was the only mobile title I ever bought IAP in. Hoping we see some premium rebelance for console- I'd love to see the end of Yamada-kun's journey!

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
RPG of the Year, and the sequel is a free update. It deserves an official thread if anyone has time to make a good one.

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
I read this as "Daddy Dungeon" and thought it was a Dungeon Crawler sequel to Dream Daddy and got really excited there for a second

koma

Oct 27, 2017
Dandy Dungeon is one of the best games on Switch at the moment, full of charm and fun ideas. It's like a parody of dungeon crawlers + puzzle games + crazy characters and story. I'm happy it was saved from its original mobile market, it deserves to be played by many more RPG fans with good sense of humor.

Yoshiro Kimura (Moon RPG, Chulip, Little King's Story) did a wonderful job on this, his style is as wonderful as ever

So, yeah, someone should make an OT for this little gem!

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
A few weeks ago, I watched the series that Tim Rogers from Kotaku did about the English FF7 localisation ("Let's Mosey"). In it, he mentioned he worked on this game and that it would be shut down on phones, by a deadline that had disappointingly already passed by when I found out about it.

I pre-ordered it once I saw it was coming to Switch, realised it was Onion Games, and it had a great discount.

Yamada's a bit creepy about Maria though.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Yamada's a bit creepy about Maria though.

I actually agree, but I give the game a pass because he keeps it to himself. At no point does he ever pursue her, and instead filters it all into his game. I'll grant it's not ideal but at least Yamada handles his creepiness, and the "romance" (what little there is of it) comes from Maria liking him rather than Yamada creeping on her. It's a very fine line the game walks, but it manages to stay on the right side.