• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DM_aczyUIAU-jAx.jpg

Is there ever an explanation for why she has a spider web on her boob

Drelkag

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see Monodam is the indisputable best Monokub.

I was hoping he would kill them all and be the last Kub standing on the premise of 'getting along'.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Could be a nod to some trends in anime where the butler or maid is an assassin and uses strings.

Wouldn't surprise me. I do find it kind of funny though, there was an interview I saw a few years ago that Kodaka did where he said he didn't like or watch much modern anime, yet some of his characters are literally nothing but giant references to anime.

feyder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was looking for an OT or spoiler thread for V3 but I guess I'll post here. I finished the game 2 nights ago and thought it was incredible, including the ending.

It may have had some of the most boring cases of the three, but I think it had the best cast and the best dynamics/relationships. Overall, I'd probably put it as my favourite in the series. I was quite sad and and felt hollow when it was over.

Also Maki is probably my favourite character in the series. Such a good character.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I was looking for an OT or spoiler thread for V3 but I guess I'll post here. I finished the game 2 nights ago and thought it was incredible, including the ending.

It may have had some of the most boring cases of the three, but I think it had the best cast and the best dynamics/relationships. Overall, I'd probably put it as my favourite in the series. I was quite sad and and felt hollow when it was over.

Also Maki is probably my favourite character in the series. Such a good character.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/danganronpa-v3-killing-harmony-spoiler-thread.483/

Oct 25, 2017
I beat V3 the other day. That was some ending. It's going to be interesting to see how the next game will continue the series.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Just started looking at all the extra minigames and modes that are on V3.
And I can safely say I'm having a bit of a problem with these minigames, wouldn't mind some advice on how to pass these things, does it just take time and patience?

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping he would kill them all and be the last Kub standing on the premise of 'getting along'.

End of V3 chapter 4 spoilers

Nah, the way it's handled in-game is better. It's a play on some of the ideas of the series, and it's super fitting for his character both as a Monokub and as Monodam.

Monodam just wants everyone to get along but as the most robotic one his understanding of what that means is too narrow (and as a Monokub any manner of thinking he'd have would be fundamentally unhinged and weaker than his father's). First he eliminates Monokid for being a boisterous and offensive drunk, but this disrupts the harmony of the group. Monosuke is constantly chiding the other kubs for tolerating an unapologetic murderer in their ranks, and, as the pompous and arrogant one, his objections become only louder over time. So Monodam identifies another threat and eliminates him.

But again things get worse. Now his remaining siblings are afraid of him, Monotaro appears to be losing his mind, and as the following chapter demonstrates, he appears to be obviously incapable of running the academy without Monokuma. Naturally, the correct course of action is to then remove himself to preserve the harmony of the group, but the real beauty behind the faux tragedy of the monokubs is that this effort doesn't matter. Monokuma thoughtlessly sacrifices the remaining kubs in the next execution. This is never stated of course, but it's one of a few inferences one can draw from the scene - Who else but Monokuma would have planted a giant, murderous insect, something specifically related to this execution, in Monophanie's belly? That scene's awesome for so subtlely crushing the kubs' efforts, and for once again affirming Monokuma's dominance as top of the pack.

xZoneHunter

Oct 25, 2017
Just started looking at all the extra minigames and modes that are on V3.
And I can safely say I'm having a bit of a problem with these minigames, wouldn't mind some advice on how to pass these things, does it just take time and patience?

The gist of the minigames is that you play the boardgame to develop a character which you can use in the RPG game. On the boardgame you can level up your character which increases your stats and you can unlock skills by using fragments. Once you have leveled up 4 members you can start tackling the RPG game. This plays like a very old school RPG. Every 10th floor there will be a boss battle and once you defeat it, you gain an increased chance to get better character cards (at the death card machine, you can roll using coins which you get in the RPG game) The card ranks go N-rank, S-rank, U-rank.

With your first party you should be able to clear up to the 21th floor, which gives you a 7% chance to get an S rank card when you roll at the card machine. Once you level those S rank characters you can beat more floors in order to increase you % chance to be able to roll for U rank cards.

As for which skills you should buy in the beginning. For sports types: Zeal & Falcon kick. For Int types: whatever spell you want, you only need these for the 2nd boss in the RPG game since it's resistant against melee attacks. For Variety types: Healing/buffs.

The beginning can be a bit confusing, but once you know what to do it's actually quite fun.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Working my way through V3. Just got to the investigation in chapter 5.

That isn't Kaito. Maki/Kaito or both threw Koichi into the press so his body is unrecognizable. Maybe they thought since he was the mastermind killing him would stop it for good much like Kaede did. I think he was lying the whole damn time yet again. I guess it'll be a pretty easy theory to confirm/deny once I get to the trial and see who shows up.

paprika

Oct 25, 2017
End of V3 chapter 4 spoilers

Nah, the way it's handled in-game is better. It's a play on some of the ideas of the series, and it's super fitting for his character both as a Monokub and as Monodam.

Monodam just wants everyone to get along but as the most robotic one his understanding of what that means is too narrow (and as a Monokub any manner of thinking he'd have would be fundamentally unhinged and weaker than his father's). First he eliminates Monokid for being a boisterous and offensive drunk, but this disrupts the harmony of the group. Monosuke is constantly chiding the other kubs for tolerating an unapologetic murderer in their ranks, and, as the pompous and arrogant one, his objections become only louder over time. So Monodam identifies another threat and eliminates him.

But again things get worse. Now his remaining siblings are afraid of him, Monotaro appears to be losing his mind, and as the following chapter demonstrates, he appears to be obviously incapable of running the academy without Monokuma. Naturally, the correct course of action is to then remove himself to preserve the harmony of the group, but the real beauty behind the faux tragedy of the monokubs is that this effort doesn't matter. Monokuma thoughtlessly sacrifices the remaining kubs in the next execution. This is never stated of course, but it's one of a few inferences one can draw from the scene - Who else but Monokuma would have planted a giant, murderous insect, something specifically related to this execution, in Monophanie's belly? That scene's awesome for so subtlely crushing the kubs' efforts, and for once again affirming Monokuma's dominance as top of the pack.

more importantly, having Monodam as the last survivor would also deny us Monotaro and Monophanie's soap opera drama which was the funniest shit

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
Vylash, your tier list is factually incorrect for not including Akane, Tenko and Mondo among the top tiers.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
That's still the most "......wait, wtf" execution in the series. Probably because I was expecting something more gruesome after the first execution setting my expectations up.