• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
jREhXcd.jpg

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The Himiko / Tenko fan art is the best, please continue. My tier list is terrible because no one agrees with it.

This is a good sorter (dangansort.tumblr.com). But it's based on who you prefer in one on one battles.
If you're on mobile, select Request Desktop Site in your browser.

xZoneHunter

Oct 25, 2017
Now that DRv3 is out and finished, the question remains, will we see an ultra despair girls 2 with Tenko & Himiko????

iGa9mqx.jpg

Minataur

Oct 25, 2017
The Himiko / Tenko fan art is the best, please continue. My tier list is terrible because no one agrees with it.

This is a good sorter (dangansort.tumblr.com). But it's based on who you prefer in one on one battles.

295e64ef-5092-4441-af59-b9c97d904b9e
B96acvP.png

Damn, seems pretty dang accurate :0

Oct 25, 2017
My top 10 according to that:
1. Chiaki
2. Maki
3. Kyoko
4. Kaito
5. Junko
6. Byakuya
7. Ryoma
8. Himiko
9. Fuyuhiko
10. Korekiyo

Seems pretty accurate to me.

Mr_Nintendont

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm hearby declaring that Kyoko, Chiaki, and Kaede are each the best grils for their respective game. All other opinons are now invalid

sorry not sorry

KmA

Oct 27, 2017
WHAT THE FUCK V3!

I was not expecting this... And I was really looking forward to having a female protagonist! God fucking damn it the case gutted me it was really well done. What a way to open the game. They really pulled a Game of Thrones season 1 on us...

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
WHAT THE FUCK V3!

I was not expecting this... And I was really looking forward to having a female protagonist! God fucking damn it the case gutted me it was really well done. What a way to open the game. They really pulled a Game of Thrones season 1 on us...
Don't worry man, it only gets better from here ;)

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
The reactions to the first & final case were glorious, easily part of the reason why I enjoy these games.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
fyQWCbb.png

Yeah this is basically what I expected. And I'm only halfway through case 6 of V3 so this could change.

I think I want to do a tier list like on page 2 when I'm done.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Danganronpa 1+2 is still on sale for another day. If I know the spoilers to both games, are they still worth playing? I've basically watched each case multiple times since I figured I'd never be able to play these games.

xZoneHunter

Oct 25, 2017
I've basically watched each case multiple times since I figured I'd never be able to play these games

Ah, must've misinterpreted your comment. I mean they're worth playing, but the cases and story are the main selling point. Unless you want more backstory about all the characters or replay the cases, i don't really see a point in buying it if you already know everything.

Although, there are always the minigames...

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing these games recently, so been completely immersed in 1 and 2, almost done 2, grabbed V3 on sale.

They're such goofy games, but I like them (other than the rhythm game bits, they can go to hell).

I am also a loser and like to yell NO THAT'S WRONG or ALLOW ME TO CUT THROUGH THOSE WORDS with the characters.

Characters like Nagito are my kryptonite. I adore him, hardcore.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
I've seen so many visceral, kneejerk reactions to the end of V3. So much doom and despair and hatred for the series, many of which didn't even understand the ending anyway.

Wait, despair? Maybe that was the intention all along xD

Also, if anyone's wondering what all the references throughout V3 were, I sawthis thread(should be spoiler-free) that was trying to post all of them. Pretty amazing how many of them are packed into it, I love that the devs/localization just has so much fun with it.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

33flTE7.png

Yep, this seems pretty accurate. On the 11th spot is btw the one and only GREAT GOZU!

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Just started V3 and finished Chapter 1. Damn, I really didn't see that coming.

I was so certain the culprit was Shuichi, because I figured the "detective guy" trope was the most likely to be plot-armored because it's important, but at the same time I figured he would be the fist to die because his trope was already been done in previous games, meaning that he needed to die first to shake things up. He also dropped a bunch of red herrings in the events leading up to the murder.

I totally didn't expect the MC to be the culprit. I guess the game was one step ahead and went for the ONE character you really don't expect to be the culprit, under any circumstances.

Too bad. She was really growing on me, too.

Buddha0991

Oct 25, 2017
So now that the dust has settled, what is everyone's favorite game?

V3 > 1 > 2

I know that is unconventional but I much preferred 1's more desolate and isolated atmosphere combined with the fact that your classmates felt less like 2's friends and more like antagonists/people you had to tread carefully with and always keep your guard up against. V3 feels like the best of both worlds in that regard.

Oct 25, 2017
So now that the dust has settled, what is everyone's favorite game?

V3 > 1 > 2

I know that is unconventional but I much preferred 1's more desolate and isolated atmosphere combined with the fact that your classmates felt less like 2's friends and more like antagonists/people you had to tread carefully with and always keep your guard up against. V3 feels like the best of both worlds in that regard.
My ranking is identical to yours. I've always preferred 1 to 2, but V3 topped them both for me. Great cast, and the strongest themes of any game in the series.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still prefer the characters and cases in general in 2. For 1, Case 2's was the only one I didn't immediately guess the killer. I felt that 2's were more elaborate, and Cases 2-1, 2-4, and 2-5 are some of my favorites in the entire series.

Drelkag

Oct 25, 2017
Prefer the first game for characters, third game for actual gameplay and my favorite game overall if I had to pick.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
V3 =\> DR2 > DR 1

I was never a big fan of 1, people say they prefer the atmosphere and tense aspect while true I just care more about the characters and cases in 2 and the only case that really affect in 1 was sakura

Plus Nagito was a more active and fun antagonist than Togami who was just there for me to be a dick

Kokichi better than both of them

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
V3 =\> DR2 > DR 1

I was never a big fan of 1, people say they prefer the atmosphere and tense aspect while true I just care more about the characters and cases in 2 and the only case that really affect in 1 was sakura

Plus Nagito was a more active and fun antagonist than Togami who was just there for me to be a dick

Kokichi better than both of them
Yeah, I really enjoyed the evolution of the troll-tagonist. Togami to Nagito to Kokichi, each being more of a bigger troll in a good way. Overall I love Kokichi more, but
Case 5 and the demise of Nagito in DR2 is just barely better than Case 5 and Kokichi's end in DRV3 imo

ZixlerBavala

Oct 29, 2017
Just started V3 and finished Chapter 1. Damn, I really didn't see that coming.

I was so certain the culprit was Shuichi, because I figured the "detective guy" trope was the most likely to be plot-armored because it's important, but at the same time I figured he would be the fist to die because his trope was already been done in previous games, meaning that he needed to die first to shake things up. He also dropped a bunch of red herrings in the events leading up to the murder.

I totally didn't expect the MC to be the culprit. I guess the game was one step ahead and went for the ONE character you really don't expect to be the culprit, under any circumstances.

Too bad. She was really growing on me, too.

I was with a friend of a mine when he was playing the first case.

He's generally really good at figuring out Danganronpa's cases, but on this trial he literally accused everyone except Kaede of being the murderer. He just didn't imagine that could be a possibility.

And she was starting to become his waifu too. Poor guy.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
9OBz6fD.png

Decided to try my hand at that character sorter and played it fast and loose for the most part (but those top 3 feel pretty concrete to me).

...I'm the type of person who unironically loves mascot characters.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
2 >>>>> 1 > V3

I feel like 2 must have been some kind of fluke because since then nothing has come close.