• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
4cjeCxW.png

Welcome to the Danganronpa Community Thread! Your one stop shop for everything surrounding the sadistic masochism that is being a Danganronpa fan! Here you can discuss the games, light novels, anime, why Ibuki is the best, and anything else.

SPOILER RULES:

Danganronpa is a very story oriented series, and therefore spoilers are a very delicate subject.

Open spoilers of important story elements are not allowed, please mark them accordingly.

Any art depicting spoiler characters or plot points may not be embedded in the thread, link them and mark them as spoilers.

We're all fans here, so let's not ruin the games for anyone. After all, you wouldn't wanna break the rules...

IVjkLDW.jpg

RIGHT?

====================================================

What is Danganronpa?

Danganronpa is a series of (mostly) murder mystery games developed by Spike Chunsoft. The main cast are trapped in certain locations and forced to take part in creuly designed killing games, where the only way to escape is to murder someone and not be caught. Gameplay consists of interacting and bonding with other characters, investigating crime scenes, and deducing who the culprit is using everything at your disposal during class trials.

Games

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Platform: PS Vita, PC

This is the first game in the series, and the first place you should start

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Platform PS Vita, PC

Second game in the series, direct sequel to THH, go here next.

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
Platform: PS Vita, PS4, PC

3rd person shooter starring Makoto's sister Komaru, takes place between 1 and 2

Danganronpa 1.2 Reload
Platform: PS4

Just a port of 1 and 2 on the PS4, no additional features or anything.

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
Platform: PS Vita, PS4, PC

Latest entry and a "reboot" of the franchise.

Other Media

latest

Danganronpa Zero

Danganronpa/Zero is a light novel that serves as a prequel to Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, featuring events prior to the game.

Unfortunately lacking any sort of official release, but easy enough to find online and well worth a read.

159ccdef2e499ac5872810a2ba6c36761501190948_full.jpg

Danganronpa: The Animation

A 13 episode anime covering the events of Trigger Happy Havoc. We don't talk about this.

80931l.jpg
80932l.jpg

Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy

As the name implies, this is the end of the Hope's Peak Academy arc (1/2/UDG/Zero) the Future Arc takes place after 2 while the Despair arc takes place before 1, both shows aired concurrently (Future 1, Despair 1, Future 2, etc.) and this is the recommended method of viewing.

latest

Danganronpa Kirigiri

A small Light Novel series focusing on Kyoko Kirigiri.

latest

Makoto Naegi's Worst Day Ever

A small booklet that came with volume 1 of the anime, it covers the circumstances behind Makoto getting recruited into Hope's Peak Academy

Danganronpa 1 ・2 Beautiful Days

An upcoming light novel featuring characters from Danganronpa 1 and 2, featuring various short stories that delve into the events of their daily lives.

Danganronpa IF

A special Light Novel that serves as a what if story that takes Trigger Happy Havoc down a different path. it's unlocked after completing Goodbye Despair.

Official community tier list

1wQCCLe.png

And that's all, enjoy your school life!

lmTwocu.gif

Last edited:

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Legit with all those stuff going on the past few days I've basically been subconsciously comparing it V3 constantly. Good to see the OT is up so soon!

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Kokichi is a cancer upon my soul and I hope, now that I've finished V3, I never have to see him and his stupid face again.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
SO HOW ABOUT THAT V3, HUH?!

....still need to do the bonus mode for that.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough I've heard that the minigames can be quite the annoyance to get the highest rating on.
I do plan on eventually doing them or completing them first once I have completed more of my backlog that I've got at the moment.
As of right now I gave up and think it makes the game super hard to platinum. If you want to do everything you'll need to get good at at least one of them.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've actually just got into this series. Finished 1 and 2, playing through Ultra Despair Girls now.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Monokubs need to return. They're like 5 personalities of Monokuma with their own quirky personalities.

Buddha0991

Oct 25, 2017
V3 > 1 > 2

AE is good
DR3 is fiiiiiiine (except the parts that are really really not)

Read DR0 'tis great

Ouma is good (Am I lying?)

xZoneHunter

Oct 25, 2017
After a week of finishing DRv3,

i'm still not sure how i feel about the ending. I love it and i hate it. I can't stop thinking about it.

Also, kokichi is the best character in the DR franchise period.

dcye

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any good endgame guides out there yet? My brain is spinning trying to figure it out haha.

pariah164

Oct 25, 2017
Kokichi is probably the best Nagito

Kokichi did literally nothing wrong

Kokichi was the best V3 character and imo is the best character in the whole series. God, I love him.

Also, kokichi is the best character in the DR franchise period.
C5vDVHR.gif

I respect your wrong opinions regarding Cockroach aka Kokichi
y4E1HVM.gif

Seriously, I fucking hate Kokichi.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This (V3) is getting harder for me to play through. I'm in chapter two, right after the murder. Is there some big twist coming soon that will keep me compelled? After playing the first two games fairly recently I'm getting the feeling of diminished returns.

OP
OP
Vylash

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
Angie in S? Is this because Atua said so?
Atua guides us all, his mercy is everlasting, his vessel Angie deserves nothing other than top billing

This (V3) is getting harder for me to play through. I'm in chapter two, right after the murder. Is there some big twist coming soon that will keep me compelled? After playing the first two games fairly recently I'm getting the feeling of diminished returns.
the twist is absolutely nuts and is totally worth getting to even if you're not enjoying yourself right now

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta come back after I finish V3. Just played through Trial Case 1 and oh my gosh...just the way it goes off the rails