• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Liferebooted

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I'm going to keep playing for the platinum, hoping to end up liking it for what it is, but it just isn't a $40 game.

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
BUT having a cool soundtrack full of an unknown artist's music could've helped give the game more of an identity. Think of how many classic racers that are known just for their soundtracks.

I have Spotify Premium, and I think the idea of Spotify integration is appealing, but it would've been nice if they included even a basic soundtrack with three or four songs. Burnout 2 was great, without needing a bunch of licensed music.

The base consoles run horribly - not really a problem for me but it sucks for anyone wanting to play on those machines. It's not good enough.

That's a bummer. I'm using an original PS4. 30 fps (rather than 60) was already a little disappointing, but I could've tolerated it if it at least maintained steady performance. If the game can't even accomplish that, then I might have to sit this one out for now, until they (hopefully) issue a patch to improve it.

I'll be happy to keep supporting Three Fields down the road and I'm sure I'll pick this up on sale, but continually supporting them out of the gate is not yielding improvements in the products themselves (as evidenced by the metacritic of 66 after 16 reviews) and this soundtrack decision is just one step a little too far (especially because it's launching for 40 bucks in Canada).

That's how I feel. I enjoyed Dangerous Golf, and I really want to give Dangerous Driving a try, but I can't bring myself to purchase the game in its current condition. I hope that Three Fields Entertainment will take a look at the reviews and the reactions from people out there, and use this as an opportunity to improve the game and bring it up to people's expectations.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, so you can control Spotify from within the game? That's awesome! I wish more racing games would do this.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having a ton of framerate issues on my Xbox One X. The minor hitches that Digital Foundry mentioned happening when text appears aren't that bad, but there's many many times that it just bottoms out to single digits for a few moments.

Also the rubber banding is nuts. In one race it flashed that I was 9 seconds ahead, and while it's still on the screen I see the other car fly by faster than I could ever hope to go, and it then pops up that I'm 6 seconds behind.

BradGrenz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm having a ton of framerate issues on my Xbox One X. The minor hitches that Digital Foundry mentioned happening when text appears aren't that bad, but there's many many times that it just bottoms out to single digits for a few moments.

Also the rubber banding is nuts. In one race it flashed that I was 9 seconds ahead, and while it's still on the screen I see the other car fly by faster than I could ever hope to go, and it then pops up that I'm 6 seconds behind.

Have you done a complete power down and reboot of you Xbox recently? I know in the past that has been useful in clearing up weird performance issues.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I really REALLY don't like the drifting in this. Idk not feeling it personally, might refund until it's updated :(

Liferebooted

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Having fun with it but ran into a game breaking bug on the ps4 today, in the middle of a race it just random turned into a slide show, kept going for about 3 minutes as a slide show and couldn't fix it without closing the game =\

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
This game is such a disappointment. I've been playing Burnout Revenge BC on Xbox instead while this gathers dust. What a shame.