• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
That looks really good, to the point that sticking with the Dangerous moniker might just be holding them back. Golf and Zone we're both pretty mediocre, they should have just made a break from those two games (also, Dangerous Driving is just a terrible title)

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
In this case i can understand Epic Games only since they need this game to really succeed for the company not go down and the 18% cut helps with it. Still a shame to not have it on Steam tho

OP
OP
abracadaver

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
In this case i can understand Epic Games only since they need this game to really succeed for the company not go down and the 18% cut helps with it. Still a shame to not have it on Steam tho

The only reason it is exclusive is because Epic paid money (again). They could easily have released it on both stores

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
The only reason it is exclusive is because Epic paid money (again). They could easily have released it on both stores
I mean, probably, yeah, but if you put it on Steam everyone will buy it there and they'd get a smaller cut, by putting it Epic only they get that bigger cut (and the money Epic gave them probably helps keep the studio afloat too)

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I dont understand why people are so up and arms about the different clients. I dont own a P.C. anymore and actually never gamed on a P.C but isnt it as easy as downloading Epics client?

Again I'm not proficient in this area but doesn't this equate to going to Target instead of Best Buy to get it? Both clients are free and i imagine the price doesnt change from client to client unless one is having a sale. Why all the stink!?

On topic, I never really got into burnout, this looks interesting though.

Ryszard

Apr 7, 2018
Yes... but no...

Let's wait. I miss a good Burnout as much as the next guy, but I am not quite sure about this...

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I dont understand why people are so up and arms about the different clients. I dont own a P.C. anymore and actually never gamed on a P.C but isnt it as easy as downloading Epics client?

Again I'm not proficient in this area but doesn't this equate to going to Target instead of Best Buy to get it? Both clients are free and i imagine the price doesnt change from client to client unless one is having a sale. Why all the stink!?

Boy are you in for a world of hurt.

Tip: do some research. We've had enough discussion about this on this forum.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Looks like a 360/PS3 game. Why does the damage suck so much? Disappearing tires (just falling off, lol), no damage when the car flips on its roof, etc.

Got excited before I watched the video. I'm all for some more arcade racers, but this game looks rough.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, probably, yeah, but if you put it on Steam everyone will buy it there and they'd get a smaller cut, by putting it Epic only they get that bigger cut (and the money Epic gave them probably helps keep the studio afloat too)

It's almost like there's a reason for this.

Well, that might be why.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Well at least I know Three Fields won't die because at least they'll have more than just half of the thirty people begging for a burnout successor actually buying it.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
It's almost like there's a reason for this.

Well, that might be why.

Boy are you in for a world of hurt.

Tip: do some research. We've had enough discussion about this on this forum.

Guess I wont bring this back up. I've heard a couple things from several podcasts but even then, it didn't seem like a huge deal, at least to me. But clearly I dont game on P.C so I guess I dont understand.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
There's probably gonna be more posts in this thread upset about the Epic release over this game's highest viewcount on their YouTube page, which is like 4K views at most

I am much for the idea of smaller devs cutting checks to make sure they keep the fucking lights on than pretend that everyone and their grandmother is gonna actually follow through on buying a Burnout successor (which they won't, lmfao). Cole world but it is what it is

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017

Most probably will, they'll just say they won't on here to make themselves look like a principled crusader.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The recovery from drift to grip has clearly improved a lot since the early footage, but the cars still look way too stiff/rigid. I don't know. If it was on Steam I'd probably pick it up day 1 just to support the devs, but like this I'll deifnitely have to wait for impressions.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
April 2020 looking stacked

bml.gif

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I wont bring this back up. I've heard a couple things from several podcasts but even then, it didn't seem like a huge deal, at least to me. But clearly I dont game on P.C so I guess I dont understand.
I really don't have the time and patience to get into this again but it has absolutely nothing to do with downloading another client. Most pc gamers have multiple clients/launchers already. Apex Legends is incredibly popular and it's not on Steam. Overwatch and Blizzard's other stuff, not on Steam, etc. Just browse the other threads on this and you'll get your answer.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Aside from the Epic store thing - does this game have the driving + crash mode? And even the multiplayer options?
Or is it just the driving part again?

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems fair for the devs to take a "moneyhat" or whatever people are calling it considering the studio's previous games haven't really been successful. I hope this does well, feels like these folks deserve a win for once.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
Most probably will, they'll just say they won't on here to make themselves look like a principled crusader.
This is dumb as hell. Surely this time everyone is just gonna forget what they love about PC gaming and move to the Epic store.

Here is something that will blow your mind. I have the Epic launcher installed for the free games but I will never buy anything on there.

Anyways, it's hard to fault these guys for making a deal because they seem to be on deaths door.

Last edited:

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
God I cannot wait for like, the Rogue Legacy devs to cut a check to publish on that store after an obvious botch of a release with their last game

gonna be a G O O D ass thread

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mixed feelings. It seems like it plays almost exactly like Burnout Revenge, which is awesome. I recently played that game on Xbox One again and it still holds up rather well. On the other hand, technically it seems something like the Crash Time games on X360. Cheap assets, disappointing destruction, and the handling seems a bit weird too, similar to Burnout but at the same time looks more floaty and less smooth. We'll see how it actually plays because it looks especially goofy in third person.

I'd love if they had a medium-sized budget, so they could make something like FlatOut 4. It wouldn't quite be technically groundbreaking, but at least they'd deliver a game that is competent on all fronts and is complete feature-wise, rather than trying to copy the elements that made the original Burnout games great and spreading those ideas in completely separate games. We need a true spiritual successor with a decent budget. This may do the trick but I'm not convinced.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
I really want this and want this to be good, but after Three Fields' last few games I'm going to wait and see.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
It's by the original Burnout team? I'm surprised, cause it looks exactly like Burnout 3, but.. Worse. The UI in particular is kinda lacking, but it doesn't look too hot gameplay or graphics wise either.

I loved Burnout back in the day so I might check it out, but I'm really not convinced yet.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
The car handling looks awful which is the primary thing I loved Burnout for.
Looks like it handles more like the Nintendo DS version of Burnout rather than Burnout 2-Revenge.

Track graphics look OK, but the blur implementation, fisheye camera, car physics, and car models are all extremely mediocre.
Burnout 3 and Revenge both look better than this even accounting for the lower poly models and lower resolution, their particle effects and motion blur alone make them seem faster and better than this.

The people who made Flat out were able to make a totally solid re-imaginging of their game with Wreckfest/Next Car Game, why couldn't a Burnout Spiritual Successor get the same level of quality and polish?

:(

Alaxend0l

Dec 6, 2017
This is looking a lot better! I cracked a huge grin when I saw that burnouts, or "heatwaves", are back! Will be buying!