• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
He's annoying and possibly racist but a nazi?h lmfao

Yep, a nazi. Keep laughing and stay gullible if you prefer. He's a white supremacist nationalist; if that's not a nazi I don't know what is.

People are really going in on this game while ignoring that a lot of games coming out of Japan have propaganda and seemingly rationalize sexualizing minors....

Who is ignoring that, exactly? Japanese pedophile games are equally fucking disgusting.

Sure, but a gator with shitty opinions is not the same as a literal nazi. Neonazi is better, and alt right is likely most appropriate.

Hey, if you prefer I call him a neonazi instead, that's fine with me. I just don't really think the distinction between a nazi and a neonazi is uh... particularly important?

Last edited:

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
considering he has directly endorsed gamergate, liked pizzagate conspiracy tweets, follows every alt-right motherfucker in the planet, likes far-right news articles, i'm not sure what else he's supposed to be tbh

giphy.gif

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yep, a nazi. Keep laughing and stay gullible if you prefer. He's a white supremacist nationalist; if that's not a nazi I don't know what is.
I've yet to see any actual proof of this though and I've read almost every KCD thread on this site.

Do you have links?

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
I've noticed no propaganda playing it. If people want to get upset, get upset how the game is unplayable on consoles after patches fucked it up and has been in this state for over a month. Otherwise, you are really just wasting time.

Oct 25, 2017
I've yet to see any actual proof of this though and I've read almost every KCD thread on this site.

Do you have links?

You should read up on how nazis operate on the internet today. There's a manifesto out there outlining exactly the sort of stuff he's spreading and how it is intended to make "neutral rational people" become normalized to the idea of "real" nazism down the line by being exposed to "milder" ideas like how (((Globalism))) is a problem etc. These people, Vavra included, know exactly what they are doing. Not sure what exactly you want me to link if you've already read everything he's said, I think its more a case of you giving him the benefit of the doubt, which you are of course welcome to do. I don't.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Oh well, the game was a huge success so I don't think he cares. The sad truth is, plenty of people don't know about this. I didn't know about it until recently.

Cranston

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I hate that we've defanged the term Nazi to blanket any old right wing shitter

It makes my blood f1cking boil.

I've spent the last five years or so researching the history of my wife's family; the majority of whom disappeared (best guess, Treblinka). And now, the term applied to the most grotesque and horrifying regime that used industry to incinerate millions of individuals is used for people who disagree over gender representation in computer games.

Batshit insane.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
You should read up on how nazis operate on the internet today. There's a manifesto out there outlining exactly the sort of stuff he's spreading and how it is intended to make "neutral rational people" become normalized to the idea of "real" nazism down the line by being exposed to "milder" ideas like how (((Globalism))) is a problem etc. These people, Vavra included, know exactly what they are doing. Not sure what exactly you want me to link if you've already read everything he's said, I think its more a case of you giving him the benefit of the doubt, which you are of course welcome to do. I don't.
Ok so no links lol. I didn't say I read everything he's said, just that everything I've seen has been a lot less damning than any regular alt-right shitter. Compared to Milo, Spencer and even Jontron he doesn't even compare.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I hate that we've defanged the term Nazi to blanket any old right wing shitter. Words have meaning. Nazi's were pure fucking evil, associated with a totalitarian regime that masterminded the genocide of millions.
Nazis didn't start to be nazis the moment concentration camps were launched, they were Nazis long before they could put their ideology in place. A white supremacist is a Nazi. He's constantly spreading stuff from the alt-right, so I don't see the problem really?

Oct 27, 2017
I've noticed no propaganda playing it. If people want to get upset, get upset how the game is unplayable on consoles after patches fucked it up and has been in this state for over a month. Otherwise, you are really just wasting time.
That's why i asked. I didn't play it yet, just watched some streams and looked interesting but yeah, i am still waiting for some patches to improve the game technical issues. .

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so no links lol. I didn't say I read everything he's said, just that everything I've seen has been a lot less damning than any regular alt-right shitter. Compared to Milo, Spencer and even Jontron he doesn't even compare.

Just because someone hasn't fully shown their ass in public (though I would argue that he in large part has) doesn't mean that I don't get to think they are who I think they are. Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and has probably done the nazi salute among friends quite a few times like a duck, it's a duck.

On another note; whitewashing the shit out of history is a form of propaganda.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I've spent the last five years or so researching the history of my wife's family; the majority of whom disappeared (best guess, Treblinka). And now, the term applied to the most grotesque and horrifying regime that used industry to incinerate millions of individuals is used for people who disagree over gender representation in computer games.

Batshit insane.
If the only thing that Vavra believes in was about gender representation, this thread wouldn't even exist.

Deleted member 10060

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Batshit insane.
Yeah, it's fucking obnoxious, and I can only assume it's done by a bunch of young people who grew up having no historical context for what the word actually symbolizes. Maybe they had no close relatives been shipped off or killed, or they were told bo stories whioe growing up about what the nazis did in their home town, maybe they come from countries that were never directly affected by the nazis, I don't know. What I do know is that if anything is offensive it's this shit.

They're sitting on high horses while pissing on those who were tortured, murdered and destroyed.

Oct 25, 2017
Vavra stopped making political tweets at around October 2017, seemingly focusing on his game instead.

But before that there's some real bad shit like the #CNNBlackmail campaign, which happened after Trump retweeted a wrestling gif with him beating up CNN. The same guy had also made an image that featured around 30 CNN journalists that he suspected to be Jewish and added a Star of David to each image. Basically he's a Nazi or pretending to be. In response CNN had an article saying that they knew who he was. The right went mad immediately and blamed CNN for blackmailing, even though the guy had already doxxed their Jewish journalists. Vavra joined in, even signal boosting the alt-right lie that he was 15 years old, even though he was 20+ in reality.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
That's why i asked. I didn't play it yet, just watched some streams and looked interesting but yeah, i am still waiting for some patches to improve the game technical issues. .
Next week the consoles should get a patch to fix things up. The problem has been they haven't been able to get the recent updates past certification from Sony and MS. Check on the OT for any results next week be they good or terrible.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Vavra stopped making political tweets at around October 2017, seemingly focusing on his game instead.

But before that there's some real bad shit like the #CNNBlackmail campaign, which happened after Trump retweeted a wrestling gif with him beating up CNN. The same guy had also made an image that featured around 30 CNN journalists that he suspected to be Jewish and added a Star of David to each image. Basically he's a Nazi or pretending to be. In response CNN had an article saying that they knew who he was. The right went mad immediately and blamed CNN for blackmailing, even though the guy had already doxxed their Jewish journalists. Vavra joined in, even signal boosting the alt-right lie that he was 15 years old, even though he was 20+ in reality.
Thank you.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why people even care so much? The game takes place in a landlocked small portion of Europe/Bohemia during the 15th century. Guess what, there were likely only white people in such a small area, Germans and Czech. If the game took place at a port or along a trade route to the East, it would be highly different story. So yes, the game developer dude is an asshole and his social media makes him look quite racist (not a Nazi, stop throwing around that term trivially), but the game doesn't have some super secret agenda other than being a typical male power fantasy.

Razor Mom

Jan 2, 2018
United Kingdom
Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and has probably done the nazi salute among friends quite a few times like a duck, it's a duck.
He's clearly a shithead but this seems like a very strange way of thinking, to me.

Regardless, from my playing of the game (about 12 hours in so far) I haven't found anything particularly troubling. Some kind of goofy stuff for sure but nothing I'd call propaganda anymore than you'd find in most any other game.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster

Batshit insane.
get over yourself

Dude literally follows a nazi Irish tweeter, believes nationalist shit and doesn't even tried to hide his anti semiticism towards Jews. Don't act so dense and stop trying to make this thread about yourself.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude needs to disappear before he brings all co-workers down with him.

Such an enormous dumbass, good lord.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, dude is a piece of shit. He's also a shitty liar, apparently.

Yeah but does this racist also meet the textbook definition of a Nazi?! This is the question that really matters! Let's have this semantic discussion for multiple pages until we forget about the fact that he's a racist because at least he's not a Nazi tho.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
From my 96 hours with the game it didn't seem like it had any of his shitty views in it. He really is doing him self (and other people in the studio) a disservice of even bringing this shit up anymore.

Apart from women being essentially horny sex toys for the MC. Who, again is the son of a blacksmith when those interactions happen. Theresa had probably one cool/strong moment and that was pretty much it.

The game itself (Finished with 90+ hrs too):
I can kinda see how Cumans we're portrayed as evil, raping and murdering invaders since you're playing from the perspective of Henry. Cumans aren't always portrayed negatively though (bandit camp comment from Henry). Enemies are being demonized in every war so at least it could fit into the narrative. I expected it to be a bit nationalistic but if anything the game only has nuances of certain views if you look closer. The overall story and gameworld are unsurprisingly white straight males who do important stuff which is inaccurate and uncomfortable.

@topic
From what I read on Vavras Twitter he's full of shit and gets out rightfully so, deflects that as an attack on the artistic and political integrity of his game. Oh and don't get me started on his public persona.
*agrees with gamergates misogynistic and harassment*: "The Media suppresses my valid opinion"
*wears a band shirt of convicted murder's / Nazi's band*: "I just happen to like that band!"
*no diversity in games, male power fantasy*: "We have many developers so we can't all be racist"
No one calls someone a racist just because of an incident... but if he's posting, liking, promoting or agreeing with far right wing / Neo Nazi (content) on several occasions he wouldn't be possibly surprised if some call him a Nazi? If someone doesn't want to be called a racist or Nazi you shouldn't sympathize with their beliefs. In my opinion he's simply an uneducated racist.

Last edited:

Murkas

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"There are liberal guys witting with me in the office"

Liberal guys or 'liberal' guys?

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
Nazis didn't start to be nazis the moment concentration camps were launched, they were Nazis long before they could put their ideology in place. A white supremacist is a Nazi. He's constantly spreading stuff from the alt-right, so I don't see the problem really?

Nonsense. A nazi is a white supremacist, but a white supremacist doesn't have to be a nazi. They predate them for centuries.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Nonsense. A nazi is a white supremacist, but a white supremacist doesn't have to be a nazi. They predate them for centuries.

What's the point in splitting hairs with this? Fuck both of them for the same reasons. So if someone calls a white supremacist a nazi, why does there need to be a distinction?

Anyway, having played the game to completion, I will say there is no overt propaganda. You could make the argument that there maybe is some nationalist rhetoric in how the game treats non-czechs/bohemians as evil, comically at times, forces. On the other side I've seen people from that area say this is because Bohemia and the Czech Republic have long been oppressed or influenced by outside forces so, idk. I also hate the way the game treats women and homosexuals which is a goddamn shame because there is a LOT to love about this game.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
In a way, this is him admitting he is a liability to all the other writers and people in the team.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's fucking obnoxious, and I can only assume it's done by a bunch of young people who grew up having no historical context for what the word actually symbolizes. Maybe they had no close relatives been shipped off or killed, or they were told bo stories whioe growing up about what the nazis did in their home town, maybe they come from countries that were never directly affected by the nazis, I don't know. What I do know is that if anything is offensive it's this shit.

They're sitting on high horses while pissing on those who were tortured, murdered and destroyed.
Fascists ran my country until the 70s and murdered countless people. Including yes, people in my family. I'm pretty fucking familiar with what nazis/fascists are, and that's the exact reason i'm not a dumbass and can see that alt-right fuckers are made of the exact same essence and have the same fucking goals. Their ideology inevitably leads to what the Nazi ideology lead. Nazis were motherfucking nazis before they started the genocide.

What's offensive is trying to downplay what nazis motherfucking are, their ideology and how they did the shit they do, by implying they only magically became nazis one day when they started mass murder. The only fucking this the idiocy you profess is ignoring the fuckers until they reach the same endgame.

Soundwind

Banned for suspected use of alt account
Apr 13, 2018
I don't remember much about this whole thing, was the game originally criticized because there were only white people in it?

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I hate that we've defanged the term Nazi to blanket any old right wing shitter. Words have meaning. Nazi's were pure fucking evil, associated with a totalitarian regime that masterminded the genocide of millions. This dude is just a dirtbag. If Vavra is a Nazi, then we are going to need to make a new, worse word if people as vile as the actual Nazis were pop up.
The Nazis lost and they know they can't just set up another regime to murder people again that easily.

These wannabes are the best that can do within current society and they should never be allowed to grow into a more prominent political force again.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I don't remember much about this whole thing, was the game originally criticized because there were only white people in it?

Not so much that as the developers, Vavra in particular, using historical accuracy as their reasoning for not including any people of color in the game that were historically there such as Jews and Romanis.

What's offensive is trying to downplay what nazis motherfucking are, their ideology and how they did the shit they do, by implying they only magically became nazis one day when they started mass murder. The only fucking this the idiocy you profess is ignoring the fuckers until they reach the same endgame.

This pretty much. You don't have to be a LITERAL SWAZTIKA RED FLAG HITLER NAZI to be a nazi.

Soundwind

Apr 13, 2018
it's not even a accurate erm

Nazi's weren't white supremaicsts, in fact the category of "whiteness" was meaningless to them. They were ethnically and spiritually German nationalists. They hated the Slavic people who we would deem white today

now Neo-Nazis today are more of what you would call white supremacists

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really.
A blog based around documenting people of color in medieval times merely did an article on if it would be possible for people of color to exist in the general area.
Vavra, as the racist dipshit he is, had a complete meltdown, started yelling in all directions, said they were calling him racist (the article did no such thing) and he started doubling and tripling down on his stupidity, which was what caused his bad fame and ironically what outed him as a racist shitlord.

If the game merely didn't have any PoC and Vavra wasn't a absolute shitlord, none of the controversy would have existed.

Soundwind

Apr 13, 2018
Not so much that as the developers, Vavra in particular, using historical accuracy as their reasoning for not including any people of color in the game that were historically there such as Jews and Romanis.

This pretty much. You don't have to be a LITERAL SWAZTIKA RED FLAG HITLER NAZI to be a nazi.
but it shouldn't of been a criticism in the first place to be honest.

Chromanin

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
User Banned (3 Days): Bad faith commentary. Misrepresenting moderation. History of similar behaviour.
So... Is this a thread where anything in defense of Vavra will get banned? Or is it possible to have opposing views?

Just asking.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Haha, get owned you alt-right asshole. First they are all tough and then crying like little babies haha.

Now, in B4 the defense force.

Edit:

So... Is this a thread where anything in defense of Vavra will get banned? Or is it possible to have opposing views?

Just asking.

At the very exact time than my post LMAO. You are so predictable (and sad)

Last edited:

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
but it shouldn't of been a criticism in the first place to be honest.

Why not? There were non-whites in the area at the time, historians mostly agree on that. Historians don't have a consensus as to if there were black people there at the time, but it's theoretically possible. The thing is they hammered down the "historical accuracy" reasoning when there isn't really a historically accurate unanimity.

Just asking.

What exactly would you want to defend about this slimeball?

Oct 27, 2017
Everything we do is a movement for our beliefs/agendas. Hence why actions speak for themselves when it comes to judging character.