• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Think of it this way, guys. At least it's not the worst song to ever appear in a Devil May Cry game:

Subhuman is awful, but it's not this awful. Then again we don't know what the love ballad will sound like in this.

Subhuman is a literal dumpster fire next to this. Never Surrender is dorky as hell, but it's still better than this new theme.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gdi Capcom why you gotta do this shit, at least make your love for Nero and not Dante be a bit less transparent.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
When you realize you can not be killed

giphy.gif

eUAHjw9.gif

UG6knxB.gif

The life taken away by the music has been returned by the GIFs
At least the gifs giving me some solid amusements until the trailer.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Think of it this way, guys. At least it's not the worst song to ever appear in a Devil May Cry game:

Subhuman is awful, but it's not this awful. Then again we don't know what the love ballad will sound like in this.

Pretty sure I'll take We Shall Never Surrender every day of the week over the likes of Subhuman (the vocals aren't grating like the latter, and sounds like an actual song rather than just noise). I can understand the thought process that led to assigning the song you've cited to Nero back in DMC4, I have no idea what led to going with something as maximum edge and just no fun like Subhuman for Dante.

Oct 27, 2017
Subhuman is a literal dumpster fire next to this. Never Surrender is dorky as hell, but it's still better than this new theme.

Lol no on that one. Both are complete garbage, We Shall Never Surrender is also incredibly unfitting on top of that.

Pretty sure I'll take We Shall Never Surrender every day of the week over the likes of Subhuman (the vocals aren't grating like the latter, and sounds like an actual song rather than just noise).

The vocal style is just as grating IMO. Some offkey whiny singing is horrible much like bad harsh vocals in Subhuman is horrible.

All I'm saying is y'all need to chill. Battle themes in Devil May Cry work in context only almost all the time, the best part of each soundtrack is the tracks outside of that, specifically in DMC1 and 3. I never particularly liked the soundtrack in a lot of action games before and it never got in my way, and I'm not ready to lose it over some crappy suicide silence track out of context.

Oct 27, 2017
Do people not generally like metal vocals? Or is it just this guy in particular? I don't think he's that great but I'm curious what others thought.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Aside from this Dante theme, the OST so far from DMC5 is actually really good. Some of the tracks in the demo are really good especially the track that places in the city before the Goliath fight. It's just a shame we gotta hear this for a good portion of the game.

xCaaT

Nov 24, 2017
Meh, is not hot garbage like people are making out to be.
Is on par on basically every other DmC track. I don't love Devil Trigger either so i'm not surprised i not into this.
Will take some time to get used tho.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
The dislike to like ratio on the youtube page is closing in on 2:1

yikes

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Lol no on that one. Both are complete garbage, We Shall Never Surrender is also incredibly unfitting on top of that.

Agree to disagree I guess. Never Surrender is fine to me and it's used sparingly. This garbage is gonna go off every time Dante swings a sword (motorcycle).

Do people not generally like metal vocals? Or is it just this guy in particular? I don't think he's that great but I'm curious what others thought.

Metal is my life blood as far as music goes. The stuff I love most is probably more unlistenable to the general popolus than this is. I just hate everything about this.

Oct 27, 2017

He's pretty bad at it, that's for sure. I'm a metalhead who tends to prefer cleaner vocals (not Devil Trigger, sorry, that's more of a guilty pleasure now more than anything) but have enjoyed harsher vocals in the past but this just isn't good.

xCaaT

Nov 24, 2017
In terms of music i listen to, way worse shit than current Suicide Silence, but the vocals are mixed like crap, and for a DMC song it's very slow paced, if you told me this was Dante's theme i probably wouldn't believe you.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Suicide Silence sucks. They should have gone with something like A Day To Remember instead. Also, that music video is so 2007 it hurts.

All Fiction

Banned
Aug 30, 2018
I will PURPOSEFULLY not gonna get the style ranking up when I play as Dante so I don't have to listen to the vocals.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
DMC5 downgraded from MAGNUM OPUS to merely OMEGA OPUS. Was a good run guys!

Oct 27, 2017
Based on the responses I got, sounds like it's just a bad song regardless of whether you're a metal fan or not. And worst of all, it doesn't fit Dante. Dante deserves something with much more energy and fun. This song just...sags? Like it chugs along without a care for interesting song composition.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Based on the responses I got, sounds like it's just a bad song regardless of whether you're a metal fan or not. And worst of all, it doesn't fit Dante. Dante deserves something with much more energy and fun. This song just...sags? Like it chugs along without a care for interesting song composition.
Sounds about right. The only thing fun about this song is "I AM OMEGA!"

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
It's this guy in particular who isn't working for me (and I don't care for the rest of what's there either).
Pretty much, yeah.

Oct 25, 2017
... what if the Dynamic soundtrack is the inverse for Dante.

Where you need to style to get the Lyrics for Devil Trigger, you need to style to remove the lyrics for Subhuman

tenor.gif

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017

That's what I expect from Dante. Devil Trigger is full of that good vibe but this is like some really dank dark stuff. Not really feeling how they are delivering Dante in this game so far.

Oct 27, 2017
Is it too late to bug the hell out of Itsuno on Twitter or so to change this?

This song has no flow or recognizable melody with an awful singer on top. I cannot possibly imagine that this fits into the actual gameplay.

DevilPuncher

Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't as bad as that cover of We're Not Gonna Take It from Wolfenstein II.

That's about the nicest thing I have to say about it.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, its definitely an interesting composition for something like DMC, I am curious how this fits with gameplay. I have never been much of a fan of Suicide Silence, it would have been nice to see a metal band with more electronic flavor to their music like In Flames try their hand at this.
Is it too late to bug the hell out of Itsuno on Twitter or so to change this?
I hope you're joking.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Remove the vocals and I think that would be an ok track. But like, yikes, those vocals are exactly what I hate. I always hate the screechy and screamy stuff.

Just gimmie like, 100 more Devil Triggers. That is my jam.