• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Taito announced that the "Darius Cozmic Collection" will be released for switch in japan on 28th of feb 2019
The gods of emulation M2 are handling this compilation!

Two editions will be available.

Standard edition:
- Darius (Arcade)
- Darius II (Arade)
- Sagaia (Arcade)
- Darius Gaiden (Arcade)

Special Edition (all games from standard plus):
- Darius Force (Super Famicom)
- Darius Twin (Super Famicom)
- Sagaia (Sega Master System)
- Darius II (Mega Drive)
- Darius Alpha (PC Engine)

WjZJiWr.jpg

cWDe0gX.jpg

29Hapeg.jpg

lS8RXJ4.jpg

urXUzjH.jpg

wj3kCrg.jpg

Switch shmup console of the foreva confirmed!

sources: http://darius.jp/cozmic/

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201807/02160139.html

(lock and shoot me up if old)

Last edited:

Jucksalbe

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Having a Darius collection is pretty cool, but having more than half of the games exclusive to a rather expensive limited edition is just stupid.

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
Weird to see Nintendo having officially the shmups console of this generation. Also no G-Darius? oh well. Darius Gaiden is fucking awesome so that's enough. I think Darius and Darius II is still a 100% arcade experience because of the two screens, but cool anyway.

OP
OP
iamaustrian

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Darius Twin (SNES/SFC) is my favourite Darius game.
I know many see it as medicore at best but I love it to death. I played through it with my friend countless times.

it also has godly music:

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
Hope it comes to the west. FOH having half the games exclusive to an expensive limited edition box.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I hope it gets released outside Japan in some way.

What's with that ridiculous "Cozmic" name?

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Actually, looking at this a little closer, it's not that interesting. Standard pack only has 3 games since Sagaia is just the localized name for Darius 2, and Darius 2 doesn't even have Japanese text.

The special pack is underwhelming too. The two SFC games are pretty average, and Darius Alpha is just a boss rush (it's not even the actual full game Darius Plus).

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Great news, this is one of my favorite series even if I prefer the Dariusburst games over the classic ones.

But not a fan of the two editions thing. I don't mind buying this on the Japanese eshop and I'm not holding my breath for a western release but if it were to happen, hopefully they'd just bring over the full package.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Actually, looking at this a little closer, it's not that interesting. Standard pack only has 3 games since Sagaia is just the localized name for Darius 2, and Darius 2 doesn't even have Japanese text.

The special pack is underwhelming too. The two SFC games are pretty average, and Darius Alpha is just a boss rush (it's not even the actual full game Darius Plus).

Sagaia isn't identical to Darius 2: they redid a lot of the backgrounds, the bosses have some different attacks, the stage branching is different in a way that alters the total number of stages, etc. It's not quite as drastic an overhaul as Salamander to Life Force but it is noteworthy, especially to Japanese players who've probably never seen that version.

Taito still exist by itself? I thought it was bought by Konami. Good news anyway!

Taito is owned by Square-Enix and they're still a separate company that's more-or-less autonomous, but they don't really operate in the console business anymore.

Jockel

Oct 27, 2017
Berlin
I mean awesome, Darius Gaiden is my absolute favorite Darius game by far- but screw that noise with the limited edition costing three times as much.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Think I've played most of what interested me about this series through the collection already released on other platforms. Still cool to have it available for Switch though for those willing to import it.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
If anything they should have a feature where you line up two switches next to each other.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome, but I'm not getting that overpriced LE. Dumb that it's the only one with the extra games. I might just skip it as I already have most of the games anyway.