• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
I can order it but 23601 yen is quite a bit of money

Edit : ahh fuck it I placed an order for the ce
the one from amazon.co.jp is 18,144? at least the one with the dlc bonus code? I spent a half an hour today trying to get it to go, but I get these errors:

"There were problems with some of the items you ordered (see below for details):
  • Darius Cosmic Collection Special Edition [Prime Day Limited] Game Software "Sagaiah (GB Version)" DLC Delivery"

"The designated address, the item that can not be delivered to the store, or the item that can not be delivered by the designated delivery option is included. Please confirm the delivery restrictions from here , please change the addressee and delivery option."

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I'd imagine G-Darius isn't included mainly because Taito and M2 are keeping this collection to the sprite based titles or something. There's no conceivable exclusivity reason holding it back.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
the one from amazon.co.jp is 18,144? at least the one with the dlc bonus code? I spent a half an hour today trying to get it to go, but I get these errors:

"There were problems with some of the items you ordered (see below for details):
  • Darius Cosmic Collection Special Edition [Prime Day Limited] Game Software "Sagaiah (GB Version)" DLC Delivery"

"The designated address, the item that can not be delivered to the store, or the item that can not be delivered by the designated delivery option is included. Please confirm the delivery restrictions from here , please change the addressee and delivery option."
It's 18144 but since it's a foreign export I have this :

950 (s&h)
5851 (import fees)

23601 total

You can't order the sagaia one because it's prime exclusive

Oct 27, 2017
It's 18144 but since it's a foreign export I have this :

950 (s&h)
5851 (import fees)

23601 total

You can't order the sagaia one because it's prime exclusive

even though I already had a US prime account I started a JPN amazon prime free trial in hopes to get it :(
that would make sense though.

edit: I shoulda just asked a proxy to get it for me, but I ordered the non dlc version :[

Last edited:

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately prime isn't global and by the time the game ships your prime trial will be over.

Anyway GB Sagaia is not a good game tbh

Slime Stack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
I'm happy that Darius is getting love but the games being split is straight up dumb.

Imagine if M2 did a Cave games collection and locked Ketsui and Dangun Feverun behind the special edition. I'd be so furious.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet collection. I remember I first played it when I randomly bought Darius Twin on SFC at a mom and pop game shop in my town.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
I had similar address errors a few years ago pre-ordering the Battle Garegga LE set off Amazon Japan Buy there was a way around it, forget though what the issue was. There seriously is no way to get the GB Sagaia code if you're outside Japan and don't have a JP Prime account all the way until February?

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even think if you had a JP Prime account until February would work. I think Prime is a domestic service and any foreign address won't be accepted - but I could be wrong.
Like if I lived in EU but had a USA prime account, there's no way I would be able to utilize free two day shipping to the EU.

A proxy would be a work around, but that's likely an added expense you'd have to deal with. That's why I just shrugged it off and bought the regular limited edition w/o the DLC code. If someone does find a better option directly through amazon.co.jp please don't hesitate to post the instructions :P

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
^^^

Eh, looks like I'll just have to let go of my OCD collectors needs this time and maybe hope somebody sells their Segaia code later. Not like it's a sterling entry in the series anyways. :p But seriously what a dumb way to handle the pre-order by SE. If it wasn't tied to JP Prime it would have been a lot more doable.

phanboy4

Oct 27, 2017
Thought about this but realized the only game in the collection I want that I don't have is Darius II, and frankly I'd be better off without the extra titles in the special edition.

So maybe if individual titles get a US eShop release I'll grab II and Gaiden.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Wow, that Prime Day Sagaia bonus is some serious bullshit. UGH. I'm still getting the special edition because I love Darius but I haven't seen a collection do something this stupid since Taito Legends 2 split the Ray series across multiple platforms.

Wait, what's the difference between the regular special edition, the Amazon edition, and the Famitsu DX edition? They're all available on Amazon Japan.

Last edited:

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
First trailer is up, looks ace:

Is there another place to pre-order the LE set other than Amazon Japan? Don't want to miss out on the extra games, soundtrack and art collection. I've used Amazon Japan before but would prefer to get it shipped from a U.S. source if possible.

Edit: Yikes, LE is $209 on Play Asia. Might just go with Amazon JP.

Last edited:
OP
OP
iamaustrian

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Terrible. Are they not going to be available digitally if you go with the standard?

$200 is WAY too much.

I'm pretty sure they have to be on the eshop at some time. i guess they will be paid DLC once you get the standard version digitally.

Doesn't nintendo have some rule that every digital content of a game has to be available on the eshop?

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
I mean, the only ones I treasure are the arcade ones... but it's still a bitchy move to not include all of them on a single cartridge or reasonable price.

Easy pass.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Prime exclusive (for the GB version of Saigaia)

So unless you have Prime japan, you won't be able to get that specific version

Sorry to bump this old thread, but even if you HAD Prime Japan it wouldn't let you ship this version to an international address. I tried back in July and didn't realize that I had failed until today. I wish I had figured that out back then and used a proxy.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Some great shots off Nintendo Japan's website:

00001483_02.jpg

00001483_04.jpg

00001483_05.jpg

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Got my Darius Cozmic Collection special edition on Wednesday. The gashapon figures below are actually from Yujin's 2008 Shooting Game Historica figure line, thought it would be fun to pose them with the set. This is an amazing special edition, people complain about G-Darius not being included but that can game still be had for cheap if you play your cards right and plus this is M2, knowing how meticulous they are I'm sure they tried to get it but guessing maybe there might be some weird rights thing with Sony? Plus this also includes Sagaia Ver 2 which according to someone in the shmups board is so rare until M2 dumped the rom for this collection it wasn't even playable in MAME. Darius II and Darius Gaiden are my faves so far.

QqYaTXr.jpg

IsVK7eD.jpg

az6rrd6.jpg

Last edited:

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I remember my grandmother had some weird plates displayed for some reason. I never understood, but now I have one of my own and it has a space ship on it.

OP
OP
iamaustrian

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Got my Darius Cozmic Collection special edition on Wednesday. The gashapon figures below are actually from Yujin's 2008 Shooting Game Historica figure line, thought it would be fun to pose them with the set. This is an amazing special edition, people complain about G-Darius not being included but this is M2, knowing how meticulous they are I'm sure they tried to get it but guessing maybe there might be some weird rights thing with Sony? Plus this also includes Sagaia Ver 2 which according to someone in the shmups board is so rare until M2 dumped the rom for this collection it wasn't even playable in MAME. Darius II and Darius Gaiden are my faves so far.

QqYaTXr.jpg

IsVK7eD.jpg

az6rrd6.jpg

That looks fabulous.
I cant believe the collection is retail only though. How is that even legal?

I want it so bad

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Some more pics I took a few nights ago from the special edition including soundtrack CDs (two of them), acrylic mini arcade marquee signs, 125 page art book with interviews, concept art and planning documents (hopefully shmuplations translates these someday), commemorative glass plate and cloth pouch. So glad I splurged and got this for $183, already being resold by scalpers on eBay for average $350-400. This is a ridiculously high quality special edition, right up there with the Battle Garegga Premium Edition and Dragon Quest XI Edition of Lost Time box set.

WT8HvqK.jpg

f1loLGQ.jpg

zNTqu8s.jpg

IJghFIp.jpg

niFLaUl.jpg

nV6VTnu.jpg

az6rrd6.jpg

C6RpA5t.jpg

Last edited:

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Someone (SE, Natsume, Degica, etc) desperately needs to release this in the west and on eShop. And have ALL the games for $60, even Sagaia GB. Hell throw in some more ports (Super Darius 1-2, Darius Plus, Darius R) regional versions (Super Nova, Sagaia Genesis) and loosely related games (Metal Black, Syvalion, Dasaiyas) while they're at it. Darius Cozmic Collection Complete.

OP
OP
iamaustrian

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
I don't understand the "legal" take. Are you suggesting it shouldn't be legal to offer a game physical but not digital?

Kinda. Afair nintendo themselves said that every switch game has to be on eshop as well.
Makes sense as this collection is the only switch release so far only available physically. Out of 1800+ switch games.
Every other classic games collection/compilation on switch (snk 40th anniversary, namco etc etc) is also on the eshop. The Darius collection is not for whatever reason

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Are there any extra features for the games?
Infinite lives, quick respawn, etc?

I recall Darius Gaiden having an Extra version that doesn't seem to be there.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Eurogamer: Darius Cozmic Collection review: M2's latest for Switch does an arcade classic justice Gone fishin'.

If you want some idea of how seriously M2 takes its art, consider this. During development of the Darius Cozmic Collection, which brings together all the '2D' entries of Taito's legendary side-scrolling shmup series for Nintendo Switch, someone noticed the screws being used in the instruction panels that furnish the screen weren't quite right. So they tasked someone to pop down to the nearest game centre with an original Darius cabinet to get photos of the real deal.

It's that sort of attention to detail that's made M2 so beloved - the sort of attention to detail that had them recording the hydraulics on a deluxe After Burner 2 cabinet for the 3D Classics, or using the 3DS' parallax barrier to emulate the curve of an old CRT TV in its ports of home games such as Sonic the Hedgehog. It's what makes their ports and remasters feel like luxury items, kitted out with lavish extras and feeling as close as we'll get to the Criterion Collection when it comes to video games.

So when the developer of some of the most luxurious video games is matched with one of the arcade's most luxurious cabinets, it's worth paying attention. It's worth going the extra mile to get your hands on Darius Cozmic Collection - for some reason or another it's not available on the eShop digitally, meaning you'll have to physically import it (I put morals to one side and went with Amazon Japan, and am still not entirely sure how it managed to arrive through my door within two days).

Is it worth laying out well over £100 for the special edition that includes five home Darius games? Given that one of them, the super limited edition boss rush Darius Alpha that was a competition prize for PC Engine players, was restricted to 800 copies and currently commands over £3000 for a copy, maybe. I couldn't quite square it myself, and so simply went for the standard edition that bundles together four arcade originals, which are surely the star attractions here.

As ever with an M2 game, it's the slightly more granular detail od Darius Cozmic Collection that makes this sing. There are scanline options and ones that mimic the glow of an arcade CRT, sure, but there's also the option to introduce subtle colour boundaries for the different monitors in a multi-screen set-up so that players used to reading the divides in their own playthroughs for their positioning aren't put at a disadvantage. Also, it looks cool. Of course playing a game as grand as Darius on a single TV screen is never going to fully mimic the glory of the real thing - let alone on the Switch's portable screen - but this comes as close as you could ever realistically hope. Put in headphones and play with the screen pulled super close in bed late at night, and that otherworldly magic is still very much there.

There are minor gripes, of course, the main one being the omission of G-Darius, for many a highlight of the series. M2's reasoning goes along the lines of this being a compilation of the 2D games, and regardless you can't deny the sheer amount of effort that's been put into what's already here. There's also the point of the price - and the availability, at present - though as someone with a soft spot for shmups who's spent much more on much less I'm not sure I can complain too much. The Switch has become a fantastic place for fans of the form, with newcomers such as Devil Engine sitting alongside grand old dames of the genre such as R-Type and Darius. Now, if only someone could see to getting a Gradius collection on the thing...

Full review here: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-12-m2s-latest-for-switch-does-an-arcade-classic-justice

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies about the bump but after going back and forth over the version to get I finally picked up the standard version and have a question about the individual game versions included.

Are there details out there on what the differences between new/old/extra versions here for Darius 1? Am I too off base with this:

old - original release
new - adds continues
extra - continues + different enemy setups

Darius 2/Sagaia I seem more able to find more info about online.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Apologies about the bump but after going back and forth over the version to get I finally picked up the standard version and have a question about the individual game versions included.

Are there details out there on what the differences between new/old/extra versions here for Darius 1? Am I too off base with this:

old - original release
new - adds continues
extra - continues + different enemy setups

Darius 2/Sagaia I seem more able to find more info about online.

timely bump as i just bought this off play asia yesterday as well.
Never ordered something physical from them, so i'm kinda curious how long i'm gonna have to wait for delivery to chicago