• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2163af7157a49dc405631db9ba01c1421537367097_full.jpg

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...rk-deluxe-and-berserk-the-flame-dragon-knight

Dark Horse announced plans to bring the series out in an embossed hardcover deluxe edition, presented in Miura's preferred 7" x 10" format. The initial collection will include the first three volumes of Berserk when it launches on February 27, 2019, and future volumes will follow to match the look on bookshelves.

I have been hoping for a nicer quality version of the Berserk manga but this actual hardcover volumes are even better!

Edit: a better look

Edit 2:

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I obviously want them, but I wonder how much these will cost in Canada bucks. I've already invested a good chunk of change in the 39 regular volumes that are out. What the hell am I supposed to do with those?

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Hmm

I already have all the paperbacks

But I love Berserk

But I hate spending money

But I love Berserk

But I don't have room

But I love Berserk

Hmmm

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
3 volumes per hardcover, so 13 hardcover omnibus to catch up with the Manga? That's not too bad considering the amount of chapters there are.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Neat of Dark Horse to do this. Will keep an eye on these and mob psycho since they licensed that.

Now if only they could reprint or add digital to blood blockade battlefront/continue on to Back 2 back.

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I need this. I wonder if it will be more cost-effective to buy these instead of individual volumes. Assuming these 3-in-1s are less than $45, I'm all over it.

TheLucasLite

Aug 27, 2018
I love me some omnibus', but, I just couldn't keep going with Berserk. I remember quitting when I thought the amount of rape was getting excessive even for me. Does it ever let up? I stopped somewhere shortly after an eclipse happened around chapter 100ish? I think.

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like the Hellboy Library Editions that Dark Horse put out. If these are like that, Berserk fans are in for a treat.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah, okay, sounds good. But there's no end to the series in sight, which makes me a little uneasy about starting to buy these. I love big, hardcover editions of books, but I generally only buy those for series I know I like and are complete/guaranteed to reach a conclusion. But if I wait for that, there's a damn good chance the first volumes will be out of print by the time Miura gets there. First world problems!

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely in on both! 3 volumes per book sounds great. That said, I kinda wish they could get some new art on that cover like the Jojoniums... Guess Miura can't be bothered to draw something new

And all this probably in time for the return of the anime >:)

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
i KNEW holding off on buying any of the Berserk releases outright would pay off in the end! im all in for this, cant wait to pick them up.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I love me some omnibus', but, I just couldn't keep going with Berserk. I remember quitting when I thought the amount of rape was getting excessive even for me. Does it ever let up? I stopped somewhere shortly after an eclipse happened around chapter 100ish? I think.
Yes, that stuff gets toned down a lot.

OP
OP
HStallion

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The tone of the series does lighten up as it goes on but there are still moments and secense of extreme depravity, gore, violence and so on.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
I've been wanting to get into the Berserk manga for a while now, but I'm not sure how I feel about that cover, it looks kind of plain and ugly. I think I'll probably go with the soft cover versions if it doesn't change by release.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes.

I'm absolute loving all these hardcover releases we've been getting. I've been all in on JoJo and Fullmetal Alchemist. I really hope we get Dragonball at some point.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that looks hot. I'm not into physical media anymore but i might just have to get this.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of that Deluxe Edition subtitle. Makes me think of fucking burgers.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They'll probably release about six volumes and then quit, or take so long doing it that the first ones go out of print. Most of these multiple hardcover collections are never finished in my experience and it makes me never want to but a single one.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
So much money. Shelling $500+ dollars for a (long running) comic book series.
Would be so fucking cool to have, though.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming that will be like £30 here. I'll need to see what the quality is like too before i drop money on this at that price.

They'll probably release about six volumes and then quit, or take so long doing it that the first ones go out of print. Most of these multiple hardcover collections are never finished in my experience and it makes me never want to but a single one.

Dark Horse are not going to drop a release for probably their most popular manga license and not release all they can. The only way this doesn't finish is if Miura never finishes the book.