• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's $32.63 on Amazon right now and Prime day is next week so I'm hoping they have those $5 off books coupons to buy volume 2. I think I got volume 1 for $22 last time they had it.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Initially said Vol. 2 would be here around July 15th, but now it says arriving by 8pm tomorrow.

Still need to preorder Vol. 3.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
Amazon UK already has vol 2 whereas Amazon FR has it scheduled for July 30. UK is even cheaper with postage included. I guess I'm switching stores.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My amazon order for Volume 2 went from "arriving by 11pm" to "pending, we'll let you know when we have a date."

Sigh.

Edit: NOPE sorry, made a mistake due to covers being virtually identical, and the way items are listed in orders. It's out for delivery.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I've blown through the first volume, and highly anticipate the arrival of the second. This is my first time reading the manga, and I'm really enjoying it so far.
How many of these are there going to be? Roughly 15?

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I've blown through the first volume, and highly anticipate the arrival of the second. This is my first time reading the manga, and I'm really enjoying it so far.
How many of these are there going to be? Roughly 15?

At the rate they're going of 3 volumes per hardcover, 13 will get them to the current English release of 39. Vol. 40 comes out later this year in English so maybe by the time they reach 13 in ~4 years Miura'll have written enough material for another full hardcover.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
At the rate they're going of 3 volumes per hardcover, 13 will get them to the current English release of 39. Vol. 40 comes out later this year in English so maybe by the time they reach 13 in ~4 years he'll have written enough material for another full hardcover.
Better sock away some money then, lol. I'm sure it'll take a good while for all of them to release, if they do 2 or 3 a year.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mine arrived, mostly unscathed. They sent vol 1 in a box and vol 2 in a bag.

I wish there was some way to upgrade packaging on Amazon. I'd pay an extra buck or two for protection.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Mine arrived, mostly unscathed. They sent vol 1 in a box and vol 2 in a bag.

I wish there was some way to upgrade packaging on Amazon. I'd pay an extra buck or two for protection.
This was my main concern.

My box was slightly bigger than the book, and the book itself was flat against the bottom of the box with scrunched paper covering the sides. The book could easily have taken damage if the package had been hit on the back. Thankfully it's in perfect condition.

After receiving it, I caved and ordered Vol 2 right away... fingers crossed it comes in the same condition.

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
My first volume 1 was in bad condition. Terrible gluing, the back pages were nearly all fused together.
Returned it for another, and while not perfect, this one is 95% serviceable.

Hoping my Vol 2 turns out better!

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Welp. I was gonna keep my copies sealed, but I may need to check now. D:

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Welp. I was gonna keep my copies sealed, but I may need to check now. D:

Mine came on Tuesday and hadn't had a chance to crack it open yet, but checked last night and it's fine. Hopefully that's a one-off, can't imagine having to do returns on 5lb $50 hardcovers for a relatively small comic publisher.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Mine came on Tuesday and hadn't had a chance to crack it open yet, but checked last night and it's fine. Hopefully that's a one-off, can't imagine having to do returns on 5lb $50 hardcovers for a relatively small comic publisher.

Yeah, mine was fine as well, thankfully. Still need to sit down and read it. I had volumes 1-5 already before this, so this will be my first Deluxe Volume with new material for me.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ouch, that's quite a fuckup.

The QC on these volumes really isn't as great as it should be. I spotted a printing mistake last night with a speech bubble's "Yes!!" text printed on top of artwork in a panel (not hugely noticeable), and on the contents page for the volume 5 part of the book, one of the chapter names is incorrect. Not enough to make me want a reprinted edition or whatever but pretty surprising all the same.

Rufio

Oct 27, 2017
Love berserk. Didnt know these exist.

Bought all 3 volumes immediately even though i own all of the paperbacks.

No regrets at all. Vol 1 and 2 will be here tomorrow.

THANK YOU FOR THE BUMP!

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading the series for the first time with these releases and really took my time with Vol. 2 knowing that I won't be getting more Berserk until November.

I know that the Black Swordsman arc is not nearly as well regarded as The Golden Age but I think so far I enjoyed that story more than what's in Vol 2. I'm sure The Golden age will go crazy places but nothing yet has compared to the end of The Black Swordsman when the Godhand shows up. I still vividly remember reading those chapters and my reactions to some of the spreads.

It is crazy seeing the cut from a crazy and outlandish dark fantasy world to a realistic and fleshed out one though. I can't wait to see when this all goes topsy-turvey.

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
volume 3 in the house! this is where you can really start seeing Miura's art turning towards that lavish style he so well known for now, IMO. So exciting.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Glad I waited for these releases. Just got volume 3 yesterday and I'm glad the next few volumes aren't too far behind.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Just got 3 today. These are wonderful editions. I'll just take my reread slow and steady with these editions.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize three was already getting sent out. I . . . don't think I preordered it like I had the others. I'm really looking forward to seeing these volumes on the big pages. My god.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So it looks like Vol. 4 is March and 5 July. So probably volume 6 by the end of the year, and they will almost be half way through. I wonder if they will stop at volume 39 of the manga since they are putting 3 volumes per deluxe edition or just have the last deluxe contain volume 40.

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So it looks like Vol. 4 is March and 5 July. So probably volume 6 by the end of the year, and they will almost be half way through. I wonder if they will stop at volume 39 of the manga since they are putting 3 volumes per deluxe edition or just have the last deluxe contain volume 40.

betting it will stop at 39 (for the foreseeable future).

OP
OP
HStallion

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Horse: When do you think you'll have enough content for another hard cover edition?
Miura: Who let you in here? Can't you see I'm fine tuning the Casca's eye lashes pixel by pixel?

Fxp

Oct 27, 2017
Volumes 2-4 don't drop in price like first volume did, it keeps me postponing my order :(