• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
UPDATE:
Johnny Silverhand:
wtpov23krmi41.jpg

Jackie Welles:
w7dk8oy_d.jpg

Male V:
cyberpunk-2077-dark-horse-male-v-figure-1207816.jpeg

comicbook.com said:
Both figures from Dark Horse are approximately 9.5" tall, and feature the "Samurai" emblem from the video game on their base. Each will retail for $49.99, though Dark Horse has not yet announced when exactly they will be available.

Source

Last edited:

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Generic af. Like the rest of the game "sighs" Really want to like this game but I just... can't. Not the Cyberpunk game I was dreaming of. And no female figurine -_-

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
'Male V' lol. I swear these fucking create-a-character RPGs are such a cop-out to me. Give me a fleshed out, established protagonist like Geralt of Rivia over "Male Option 3," "Female Option 10" and any of these choose-your-own-adventure book characters any day. Same thing goes for Persona and Dragon Quest and every other silent RPG protagonist too, hate those as well. I'm still jumping into Cyberpunk and it's still high on my list, but between this and first person-only, I'm not as excited as I would be with a true established character.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
'Male V' lol. I swear these fucking create-a-character RPGs are such a cop-out to me. Give me a fleshed out, established protagonist like Geralt of Rivia over "Male Option 3," "Female Option 10" and any of these choose-your-own-adventure book characters any day. Same thing goes for Persona and Dragon Quest and every other silent RPG protagonist too, hate those as well. I'm still jumping into Cyberpunk and it's still high on my list, but between this and first person-only, I'm not as excited as I would be with a true established character.
I'm excited for the chance to put my stamp on a completely unique character, tailored to my tastes and style - and then taking my created character out for an exciting adventure in Night City.

What they should do is make a Cyberpunk Mr. Potato Head toy where you can customize it using the accessories included with it to look like your Cyberpunk characteršŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I'm excited for the chance to put my stamp on a completely unique character, tailored to my tastes and style - and then taking my created character out for an exciting adventure in Night City.

What they should do is make a Cyberpunk Mr. Potato Head toy where you can customize it using the accessories included with it to look like your Cyberpunk characteršŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I have a better idea actually. What if when you create your character in the game, you could submit it to CDPR via some type of User ID, and if you pay a certain amount they will customize your figure to match the character you created. I don't see that happening with Cyberpunk, but I can see that as something years down the line.

The video game figurine version of "Build-A-Bear" basically.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I have a better idea actually. What if when you create your character in the game, you could submit it to CDPR via some type of User ID, and if you pay a certain amount they will customize your figure to match the character you created. I don't see that happening with Cyberpunk, but I can see that as something years down the line.

That's a pretty cool idea - they could just 3-D print itšŸ‘

I'd rather have a high quality, detailed action figure though.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa

This has been done with games in the past actually.

NHarmonic.

ā–² Legend ā–²
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Design a world full of interesting elements and characters.

And then do the cover and marketing around a bland ass short haired white male as an avatar.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Some games give you a good middle ground though, like the Mass Effect series

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
so dark horse and sideshow are each going to make V and johnny silverhand figurines? i think the V figurine shown looks really good actually, much better than the one in the CE, but yeah my V is going to look a lot different (hopefully) so i don't see the point of buying this one

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
so dark horse and sideshow are each going to make V and johnny silverhand figurines? i think the V figurine shown looks really good actually, much better than the one in the CE, but yeah my V is going to look a lot different (hopefully) so i don't see the point of buying this one
They're really going overboard with the merchandising for this game. By the time it releases and even afterwards, there's going to be hundreds of knick-knacks and bric-a-brac of all types on offer.

This game had better be good to warrant all of the hype and merch it's getting even pre-release.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
They're really going overboard with the merchandising for this game. By the time it releases and even afterwards, there's going to be hundreds of knick-knacks and bric-a-brac of all types on offer.

This game had better be good to warrant all of the hype and merch it's getting even pre-release.

i don't mind it that much. i'll definitely get the world of cyberpunk artbook, whatever tie in comic book they will release and probably a figurine or statue. still hoping for someone else than V or johnny though to be honest. i think i would love a lizzy wizzy one.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
This ones way better than the Johnny silverhand ones we saw before. Kinda wana buy it.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
i don't mind it that much. i'll definitely get the world of cyberpunk artbook, whatever tie in comic book they will release and probably a figurine or statue. still hoping for someone else than V or johnny though to be honest. i think i would love a lizzy wizzy one.
It's not that I mind any of it - it just seems a bit much given that we're still 6 1/2 months from release.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand the appeal of collectable art, figures, etc. of a customizable main character. Like... that's not my V so why would I want it?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
?

Didn't statistically more people play as BroShep than FemShep? Just because someone has a vocal audience online it doesn't mean it translates to more popularity.

FemShep was only picked by 18% of players, the rest all played MaleShep.

It only seems like FemShep is more popular due to her fans being faaaaaaar more vocal about it.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
But why male models?
give us female V you cowards
What the heck happened to female V

Same thing that happened to the game's boxart. It's cycle perpetuating itself with any criticism beyond the bounds of this forum (and perhaps even in it) will be met with a fervent cult-like defense force who would scream, "SJWs" to your face if they could but type it in all caps instead.

Edit: FWIW, those models do look good. I wouldn't be surprised if Kotobukiya made a model later.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017