• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
"The better question is: who are you?"

QUALITY WRITING, FOLKS.

Also, another Phoenix movie with a battle in the suburbs? Ugh.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Apocalypse had the benefit of coming after Days of Future Past. This is coming after Apocalypse.

Ok, I think I know where my confusion is coming from. It's because Apocalypse never looked good to me (though I did watch it in theaters the week it came out), whereas Dark Phoenix at least looks decent to me. And yeah, it makes sense that people gave Apocalypse a chance, since it released after Days of Future Past.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, I thought the Phoenix was already in her according to Apocalypse. She gets possessed? She's like a better vessel for it, even though she used it in the previous movie? Guess it can be a flashback but eh...I think I'll skip out.
omfg, you're right. why didn't i notice this

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
They tried to make Jessica Chastain character a secret ?
Or they still don't know who is she supposed to be ?

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I had one thought during that: "I think I've had about enough of Quicksilver's slow motion shit."

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
The movie just looks like...nothing. It's so hard to describe, because that trailer wasn't like a catastrophe. But it feels almost impossible that anyone would watch that and come away thinking "fuck yeah, new X-Men movie!". They've just poisoned the well on this whole era of X-Men, the movies have been too mediocre, the behind the scenes drama too frequent. I don't care about a single one of these characters. I see Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy, and Michael Fassbender, and just think "Oh shit, yeah, you guys are in these. Why, again?".

At least Fantastic 4 looked terrible, it conjured up an emotion. This is something else entirely, it seems like the last dying breath of a franchise we've all said goodbye to long ago.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
This shit creeped me tf out LOL!
Also are they implying that she's named the Phoenix because the little kids called her that? Lmao.
It's clear that Fox/Kinberg know jackshit about Phoenix Force and how to incorporate it appropriately in a movie. If Marvel Studios ever take a stab at this arc, I reckon they are going to do it more justice than Fox/Kinberg could EVER do.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks really good, I hope it actually turns out good. I dislike the hate bandwagons around here

Oct 25, 2017
eLr5aKX.png

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
There should have been at least one more Xmen movie starring the Cyclops/JG/etc era of XMen. The majority of the feels associated with the Dark Phoenix storyline is just seeing how far Jean changes after we've come to know her character. This movie feels like what would happen if Logan was made directly after Xmen 1. It might still be a great movie, but would lose much of the meaning for most of the audience.

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
The movie just looks like...nothing. It's so hard to describe, because that trailer wasn't like a catastrophe. But it feels almost impossible that anyone would watch that and come away thinking "fuck yeah, new X-Men movie!". They've just poisoned the well on this whole era of X-Men, the movies have been too mediocre, the behind the scenes drama too frequent. I don't care about a single one of these characters. I see Jennifer Lawrence, James McAvoy, and Michael Fassbender, and just think "Oh shit, yeah, you guys are in these. Why, again?".

At least Fantastic 4 looked terrible, it conjured up an emotion. This is something else entirely, it seems like the last dying breath of a franchise we've all said goodbye to long ago.
Michael Fassbender as Magneto has been pretty much the only joy I've gotten out of these movies.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like another Fox-Men movie. Definitely not bothering with this.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What if by pure luck it ends up being good? I'm not betting money on it but what if. Stranger things have happened.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Prequels.

Days of Future Past retconned the original movies.
Which, considering past movies never happened/happen, wouldn't that make these standalone? If we argue that the timeline Logan wakes up to in DOFP is actually the future version of the timeline being established here, why did they use Kelsey Grammar as Beast who is entirely unlike Hoult's portrayal? What does the Stryker bit mean, is Wolverine still going to be experimented on in -
fDLfM20.gif

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure why it's getting the hate that it's getting. Sure, it doesn't look great, but it looks better than Apocalypse at least, which isn't saying much. But I mean I don't remember Apocalypse getting as much pre-release hate as this movie.

So, are Jean's Phoenix powers like some repressed power like in The Last Stand and Apocalypse or is it Phoenix Force? Because this new trailer makes it seem like a bit of both.

I don't get the hate either. I hate to be that guy, but I'm guessing because female lead/female centric? I mean I guess Mystique has been the main character technically but she wasn't wholesale sold as a female lead in the previous films.

That or just bitterness over Apocalypse (which wasn't all that bad tbh) carrying over. IDK.

Anyway I think yes she has full Phoenix Force powers (IE way more than The Last Stand) but is trying to control/repress them.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I honestly think it looks pretty solid and will definitely be seeing it in theatres.

That being said, as much shit as Sophie Turner gets for her bad acting (and it is bad), Jessica Chastain seems to be giving one of probably the most boring portrayals of a comic book villain ever. Really really, bad acting from both of them but I know Chastain can do better than that.