• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Dark Phoenix Tracking For Record Low X-Men Franchise Opening ( Below The Wolverine)

Slayven

You probably post about me on another board.
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.cbr.com/dark-phoenix-tracking-low-x-men-franchise/

Long range forecasts indicate Dark Phoenix will likely open with the lowest take in the history of Fox's X-Men franchise.

According to Box Office Pro, the film will take in between $40 and $55 million in its first weekend domestically. Although these numbers could end up proving inaccurate, that puts Dark Phoenix at a high risk of having the worst opening weekend of any film in the franchise.

Currently, the lowest two grossing opening weekends for films in the franchise are 2013's The Wolverine, with $53 million, and 2000's X-Men, with $54 million. Both of those numbers are below $55 million, but taking inflation into account provides a different tale. When inflation is calculated, The Wolverine earned the equivalent of $57.9 million and X-Men earned a strong $80.4 million. This means Dark Phoenix would actually have to overperform in order to beat those two films in an apples-to-apples comparison.
All good things...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I would say I feel sorry for Fox going out so pathetically, but they dug this grave themselves by giving Kinberg total control over the X-Franchise.

It would've been way better if Deadpool 2 was the end of the Fox X-Men universe.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

You probably post about me on another board.
Oct 25, 2017
I was in AWE of just how horrid Apocalypse was. Tremendously awful-but I still recommend seeing it just you can witness how horrible it is.
Dalek my man, you don't like for Villains to spned a 1/3rd of the movie literally standing around?

Oct 22, 2018
I can't believe we went from Days of Future Past which is one of the absolute best comic book movies imo to Apocalypse and now this seeming disaster. What a sad and terrible way for it to go out under Fox.

Oct 27, 2017
They really going to release this movie in theater huh?
My only guess is, as others have said here, they're contractually obliged to.

I'm guessing it gets next to no marketing and Disney will want it to do bad.

And don't say "Disney will want to make money back". If they make a loss it probably won't be huge.

Oct 27, 2017
Jax, FL
Dalek my man, you don't like for Villains to spned a 1/3rd of the movie literally standing around?
Who wouldn't want to see a movie where Apocalypse and his horse(wo)men are in a warehouse while Apocalypse waves his magic hand on them like jesus to design their costumes. Should of went further with that scene with Apocalypse being a conflicted costume designer constantly being conflicted about the color of the suits while finding the right tones that matched their eyes.

Oct 27, 2017
Apocalypse was dismal. One of my least favorite comic movies in a long time and arguably worse than X3.
It just might be worse than X3. It’s crazy to think.

Still, Fox has two of the best films in the genre and one of the only three “masterpiece films” in all of comic book cinema, so there you go. They did alright.

People here talk like they churned out nothing but pure shit and it’s pretty fucking baffling.