• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
The trailer makes it look worse then Hellboy. Using a slow somber cover of The Doors This is the End is like the worst example yet. That's already a somber song. It was good enough for Apocalypse Now.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
IMO, X1 > X2 > First Class > Logan > Deadpool > Deadpool 2 > DoFP > The Wolverine > Apocalypse > Origins > X3

They've always been my favorite comic, so it's been really rough seeing how much they keep botching it.
And odd that Deadpool did it so much better. (I'm still bitter about Jubilee constantly getting shafted, especially in Apocalypse, when you had this great actress and everything, then... nada.)

That's extremely close to my own order. Seen it like that, it's actually quite interesting how Logan and the Deadpool movies kind of bridge the large gap in quality between the good X-Men movies and the bad ones; and in more general terms, how later movies in the franchise bridged the dizzying, yawning quality abyss between X1/2 and X3. :D

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
After being so spoiled with the MCU I have trouble enjoying any of the X-Men movies anymore. Their are some bright spots but there is very little continuity and they all feel off and random. The Feige X-Men films can't some soon enough.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The movie is nearly 2 months away — how accurate is tracking even going to be at this point?

X-Men movies without Wolverine are always going to be operating with a huge handicap.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They've made over 10 X-Men films. I'm sure Fox is doing fine with the property.

Fox isn't doing anything with it anymore lol. But do you, chief.

The movie is nearly 2 months away — how accurate is tracking even going to be at this point?

X-Men movies without Wolverine are always going to be operating with a huge handicap.

Lol you say this till the MCU manages it with ease.

I love Logan, but his importance to the roster is overstated.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised given that the audience knows that there's no point in watching it given that its getting rebooted in five years time.

They really aren't, all of the X-Men movies have always recycled the same plot of Xavier vs Magneto. They messed up with X-Men 3 that they had to write it out. Wolverine origin was suppose to be the first of the X-men origin series which got canned due to Wolverine: Origin bombing and eventually being written out.

X-Men: Apocalypse was a bland movie with lackluster reviews.

Oh and they are doing another take on the Dark Phoenix story and still getting it wrong.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017

First of all, Disney owns FOX now, so ???

But even if Disney didn't get the X-Men back, this very thread indicates that your comment about FOX doing "just fine" isn't true. The returns are diminishing, and the other X-Men movie in the pipeline, New Mutants, will likely garner even less interest. Managing your franchise isn't to the toilet isn't an ideal outcome of proper oversight...

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why they wanted to make yet another Dark Phoenix movie...this movie is going to come and go like a fart in the wind.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Simon Kinberg burying the Phoenix storyline so hard the MCU isn't going to touch it until 2040. Should be doing worse than that.

Hopefully the legs are astoundingly awful.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I can't believe they're letting this and New Mutants hit theaters after the acquisition. I would've just cancelled both and paid out those involved.

They're both going to result in financial losses, This comes out in less than 2 months and there is zero marketing push for it. It should sneak into theaters for like a month and then dip.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Who's gonna pay to see a movie where you know none of it matters because this entire world and cast will be rebooted anyway?

This isn't the issue... if people thought the movie would be decent, they'd go see hoe this particular series ends.

People still went to see TDKR even though it would be the last in the series.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Moment of silence for the end of Jennifer Lawrence Mystique.

There will never be a shittier version of this character.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Simon Kinberg: 'No-one can do a worse movie adaptation of the Jean Grey Phoenix arc than me'!

Simon Kinberg: 'Hold my beer'

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I'm usually an easy mark for superhero movies but I just cannot get excited at all for this one.

Oct 27, 2017
Simon Kinberg: 'No-one can do a worse movie adaptation of the Jean Grey Phoenix arc than me'!

Simon Kinberg: 'Hold my beer'
C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what happened with Apocalypse? Days of Future Past was so good and then you follow it up with that trash. And Dark Phoenix isn't looking much better.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I wonder if the average shmuck knows about the Disney deal and is just waiting for the REAL Children of the Atom or do people just not care after Apocalypse?

Probably a mix of both

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the average shmuck knows about the Disney deal and is just waiting for the REAL Children of the Atom or do people just not care after Apocalypse?

Probably a mix of both

Most folks will see the new X-Men in five years and wonder why everyone is played by new actors for the third time.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Figures. Apocalypse really killed interest. Maybe I'll catch it on TV in a year or so.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

Probably a mix of both
It's the latter. Audiences are just worn down by the last two extremely subpar X-Men. Then they removed X-Men from the title, taking away the name recognition which was the only thing this (very likely) pile of garbage had going for it.

If the movie looked good in previews it could have generated buzz. It has looked TERRIBLE in previews. This film has literally no upside.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After Apocalypse being so awful, I can't imagine anyone paying full price to see this.

I'll watch it once it hits Redbox or something.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
No wonder Disney said they will put the X-Men on ice for a long time before they get into the mcu

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'm just going to continue Claremont's X-Men run on Marvel Unlimited and call it a day. Not even Sophie Turner can get me out to see this movie in theaters.