• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

We can finally see more in-depth the much teased sacrifices talked in that old leak.

OP
OP
Ferrs

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Woooow. This would've been crazy but not necessarily better.

IMO it would have make the game feel more like a proper more developed sequel (for better or for worse like DS2) than how safe it feels now.

Btw, this is somewhat linked to this other video with the different times of day stages previously had, including the eclipse

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
An innovative mechanic for sure,but I don't think it would work great in practice. I think it would be abusable as fk

OP
OP
Ferrs

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Btw, just noticed the edgy ladder in Dancer's room isn't there. Why they added it for the final version is beyond me. It's ridiculous lol

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Seems a bit too elaborate for just PVP. I wish someone would ask From what they intended to do with the bonfire sacrifice mechanic. It seemed like a cool and interesting idea when they first mentioned it but then it ended up not being in the final game. I wonder if this is the reason why DS3 covenants all feel so basic and this was supposed to be the new thing they added to freshen things up.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Seems a bit too elaborate for just PVP. I wish someone would ask From what they intended to do with the bonfire sacrifice mechanic. It seemed like a cool and interesting idea when they first mentioned it but then it ended up not being in the final game. I wonder if this is the reason why DS3 covenants all feel so basic and this was supposed to be the new thing they added to freshen things up.
You mean creating bonfires? The idea was that you'd either make a bonfire where you killed a pus of man enemy(big darkness snake parasite enemies that burst out of hollows) or you'd absorb it's power. They'd reset so you can change your choice.

OP
OP
Ferrs

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

It's in the video, you create bonfires with special properties, be pvp, be leveling up, be absolve sins...

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
i like the idea of creating your own bonfires by dragging, what i assume would have been rare corpses around. it adds a strategic element, and also lets you fuck yourself over if you waste them by creating them too close together.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I remember some early previews talking about being able to make bonfires, and it being sorta weird that that didn't make it into the game.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, some cool things they could have added.

I always dreamed about a moba mode using Dark Souls. Having the mob waves etc and bosses.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It gives PvP a little bit more risk reward than what we got but the system just kinda breaks the game if you're good enough. Being able to place bonfires in selectable locations is a risk that anybody would take to save themselves issues and optimize farming locations. It's a good idea in theory but I can see why they've never been able to balance it for a live release.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
Would have been cool if this remained. Less bonfires in the world so you have to be strategic in how you place bodies.