• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say Dark Souls is a game I need to settle in to play so I'll probably go with the PS4 version over Switch. Hyped for this though.

Plus I have Bloodborne, DS2 and 3 on there so for consistency it makes sense.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Good to see the switch get such a beloved game. Wish I could enjoy it, but the series is way too intense for me.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
26804555_1990943091127439_2681810603962868301_n.jpg
Wow, I need that Dark Souls Trilogy box!

Joker13

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
how the hell is that gonna run 60fps if i's using the DS3 engine? that thing ran like hot trash on my gaming pc, and i would imagine it wasn't 30fps capped on consoles either

Deleted member 6733

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I tried a Souls game that was GWG once but didn't get further than 2 mins in. I love the aesthetic but I don't think the combat is for me.

Having said that, the hype makes me think I should revisit.

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
how the hell is that gonna run 60fps if i's using the DS3 engine? that thing ran like hot trash on my gaming pc, and i would imagine it wasn't 30fps capped on consoles either

The geometry is quite bit more simple in Dark Souls compared to Dark Souls 3. Unless they plan on re-doing all the geometry from scratch I don't see why not. Dark Souls 2 is running at 60fps.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Never thought of that.

Well the only reason I touched PVP was for trophy / achievement stuff so maybe not having those will reduce the number of invaders on Switch anyway.
Unlikely, for some of us, invading others (and being invaded), was pure adrenaline fun! So, I'll be invading others when I get a chance. :)

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it doesn't adopt the awful yellow filter from Dark 3.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Unlikely, for some of us, invading others (and being invaded), was pure adrenaline fun! So, I'll be invading others when I get a chance. :)
Hopefully the threat of a fast suspend button will make invaders play less like bitches.

If you want to invade me to fight me, cool. If you want to invade me to run away to my mobs and try and hit me in the back or something, SUSPEND BITCH.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the threat of a fast suspend button will make invaders play less like bitches.

If you want to invade me to fight me, cool. If you want to invade me to run away to my mobs and try and hit me in the back or something, SUSPEND BITCH.
PS4 already had that feature of suspend... Pretty sure that leads to you getting soft-banned...

Your talking about putting it in sleep mode right and suspend? Cause, just going to home screen will likely (like the other versions), just keep multiplayer alive and you will die from inactivity.. lol

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Was this thread merged? I thought it was only about the Switch version when I posted.

So I guess this is a test or something before they bring the other 2 games?

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YES! I love the souls games but ive never beaten the first. I have it backwards compatible on xbox one x and for some reason i end up dropping it whenever i try, despite loving 2, 3, and blood borne. I think this version will be the one that i actually beat though!

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All Switch ports of multiplat games will end up being 30 fps, just how it is. The choice comes down to portability vs performance. That we even have this choice at all is great imo.

Oct 26, 2017

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
Not seeing any gameplay is worrying me. Especially since it's not the original engine and I'm scared to fuck that they messed up the combat and atmosphere...

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy this is happening. I've been holding off on buying a switch because my wallet seriously can't handle it right now... but with Dark Souls? Shiiiiiiiiiit.

I'm fucked.