• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
All the games rumored at some point have come true:
DS Remaster
OP World Seeker
SC VI
My Hero Academia

But where's Xenosaga??? I'm losing some hope

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Usually, I tend to go to other consoles for this but Dark Souls on my Switch just sounds too good. If it runs at a solid 30 FPS I think I have to go with the Switch version. Fingers crossed.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I know I'm gonna be torn between the Switch/PS4 version for this. if the frame rate is 30/60 that's gonna be a big factor.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
No, save your money for something that isn't just a remaster for a mediocre game that the majority try to look cool playing. "git gud"

What an ignorant post. Difficulty is the lesser thing that makes Dark Souls good. Level design, atmosphere, bosses... this is what people rave about it. DS1 stand between all Souls games thanks to it's incredible level design, not because git gut memes.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No w fix the controls so my hands don't fall asleep, and maybe I'll consider getting it for Switch.

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Need to see what Xbox One X brings to the remaster.

Also want to see what they did to the game since all we have so far is a CG teaser.

V-Faction

Oct 25, 2017
Best part of portable Souls? It's saving all the time. It's the perfect set-down-then-pick-up-later game.

Also tempted to pick up PC or PS4 version if the differences are meaningful.

Run Goku

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing. Still don't have a Switch but man it's going to be good when I get one.

Also curious what Remastered means here with regards to PC? Obviously native support for different resolutions and framerates, but I wonder what else they are improving?

I'm curious about this, too. I'd expect some additions to make it worthwhile since we can already get great resolutions and framerates.

I imagine the online activity will be like the old days!

AaronB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Day One on this one. I'm in even when it is announced that it will be running at 480p@ 26fps in handheld mode.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
You dont think it cant run a past gen game at 60?

Weird dude
Are people saying that DS1 remaster on Switch will have no graphical additions whatsoever on Switch but the PS4 and PC versions will have DS3 graphics instead? Someone get their corrections in. DS3 isn't a consistent 60 fps game even on PSPRO.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good to have, but the way it was revealed was maybe the most interesting bit about it.

When was the last time that a big, multiplat game from a major third party was revealed through a Nintendo event? I know Dark Souls is a remaster, but this has been inconceivable for well over a decade.

JRoth

Oct 26, 2017
Very curious how they will integrate the Switch tech into DS1. Cause the game had no way of pausing. So if you're at a bad point to stop, welp YOU DIED.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I have only played Demon's Souls so this Dark Souls port can push me to get a bit early the Switch. So June eh.

SoyUnPixel

Oct 25, 2017
I found this bit on the PR to be really interesting:

URbhfVj.png

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Like I said in the other thread, I really hope that they improved the UI. The first Dark Souls' menus were bad.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Really, really gonna struggle with this decision: portability on Switch, or enhancements on X?

May can't come soon enough.

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What an ignorant post. Difficulty is the lesser thing that makes Dark Souls good. Level design, atmosphere, bosses... this is what people rave about it. DS1 stand between all Souls games thanks to it's incredible level design, not because git gut memes.
I don't think so. The game has great atmosphere and the bosses look great at least but there are still lots of flaws with Dark Souls 1 which weren't really fixed in their sequels. Horrible controls with bland combat that gets reptetive, framerate issues, game breaking glitches which even if they will fix here the experience is nothing amazing.

Casual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dope.

I'll probably grab it on PS4. Expecting lower FPS and higher price on Switch. If I'm wrong, I'll get it there.