• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
If the remastered version is $40, I'll get both the Switch and PS4 versions. If it's $60, I'll probably just wait and eventually get the Switch version.

funroll-loops

Oct 29, 2017
Dedicated servers should make it a little easier for people who thought it was too difficult since you should be able to summon help consistently this time

Alkraken

Dec 13, 2017
DTRFj7mW4AEInI4.jpg

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Dark Souls on the mother fucking GO. Hopefully this "remaster" includes fixing some of the games levels/mechanics just a little. Using multiple items at once would be nice.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls on Switch: a game some of us might have had slight anger issues with on a console you can throw and bash with frustration.
Should be fine.
Especially if it's their first one they'll play. People playing online will contest with players who know everything about the game and become overpowered fast enough to grief on newbies in low-level areas.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this new assets and shit? If not I don't see why I'd get this on PC again.

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
I'm a bit worried that they didn't show any gameplay in the trailer. The game comes out in 5 months, it would sure be nice to see how it looks.
That's obviously still to come but I'm always cautious when a developer decides not to show anything, especially when the game should be basically done.
Yeah I'm really hoping they don't screw it up or mess around with the original formula too much. Could make or break it.

LoyalPhoenix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
REKINDLE YOUR HUMANITY WITH DARK SOULS: REMASTERED

FOR NINTENDO SWITCH, PLAYSTATION4 SYSTEM, XBOX ONE, AND STEAM
Delve Into the World of DARK SOULS Like Never Before with PlayStation 4 Pro System and Xbox One X Enhancements and Portability with Nintendo Switch

3I5oACDeZ1tk6hpLr2-LbRyhLoa4T6Vk0u4t5uza0rKEbxQc2cLldX8nfTbzdFQcsjtqN-sBWeFBvzMYVJDyh9T2B6fsDZuugzTHPG1xiDpuT-mm6UW1zqFYfjleWwNA23Kc3uevquNdq_jksc5O=s0-d-e1-ft

SINGAPORE – 11th January 2018 – BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Asia invites players back to the treacherous land of Lordran with DARK SOULS™: REMASTERED, available 25th May 2018 for the Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation™4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and STEAM™ for PC. Re-experience the genre-defining title that kicked off a worldwide gaming phenomena in stunning high-definition detail. DARK SOULS: REMASTERED marks the DARK SOULS series debut on a Nintendo platform and for the first time ever, can be played on the go with the unique capabilities of the Nintendo Switch console.

Developed by FromSoftware Inc., DARK SOULS: REMASTERED enables players to explore the twisted ancient land of Lordran in the first title of the critically acclaimed action role-playing series like never before. Experience the rich world of DARK SOULS in upscaled 4K resolution with 60FPS when playing on a PlayStation 4 Pro system, Xbox One X, and STEAM. Also 1080p resolution with 30FPS is available when playing the game on Nintendo Switch with its TV mode. From their first timid steps to absolute mastery, players will build their characters by strategically adapting to daunting foes, exploring haunting locations, and amassing a large collection of weapons, armor, and magic spells to wield for a truly unique playstyle.

Hidden in the world of DARK SOULS: REMASTERED are nine online covenants to uncover that will motivate your online interactions. Collaboration or confrontation, support or betrayal – which allegiance will you choose? Up to six players can join together online to help, or hurt, each other throughout their quest.

DARK SOULS: REMASTERED will be available 25th May 2018 for the Nintendo Switch console, PlayStation 4 system, Xbox One and STEAM for PC across Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia).

To learn more about BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Asia's other products, follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/bandainamcoent.asia or join the conversation at https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoSEA.
4k 60....holy fucking shit. Rip switch, that shit will be saved for run #4 thru the game lol

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So for PC version they are basically implement DSFix on the files and done.

JTyrmi

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Nice, will stop watching a playthrough of the game by Barbarian (on YouTube) to not spoil the game anymore. If I had known this was coming to Switch, I'd have stayed away from watching in the first place, but still good enough news. Definately will buy this game on Switch.