• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bemusedchunk

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm guessing Switch is going to be 30 locked.

Some areas are actually better with a lower framerate, like the jump to Snuggly.

Doom showed that 30fps can still work on the switch, so i'll still bite.
If i want 60fps theres always the pc version...

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Never played DS1 but recently getting into DS3 on my X and having beat Bloodborne afew years ago, I might double dip on my X and Switch.

Thoughts fam? Waste of money ?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Switch version should include Link's gear and weapons. It would sell even more.

Oct 27, 2017
might be the spot i try myself to the series... hope they also do demon souls...

Demon's Souls is an absolute clusterfuck.

To nail it to the point, a remake of demon's souls would require cooperation from Sony, ATLUS, FROM, and Namco Bandai, who would all want the online to be region locked like the original and would want a piece of the pie.

Unless Sony takes a huge financial cut and gets everyone agree to give sony back the rights for this remaster. Its possible.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Not had a Playstation since PS2 and never owned an XBOX so not familiar with the game (although I am aware it is a loved series) Am I right in thinking that the combat plays a bit like Monster Hunter? And is it Bloodborne which is the game that is more beginner friendly?

It's different for everyone. Personally I always recommend dark souls since it is the slowest, is the most forgiving with health penalties (there's only one kind of obscure one), and it provides early access to stable 100% physical damage shields. However if you have a hard time, try Bloodborne. I personally found it harder and it was my fourth game to play in the series. Some find it easier. They're very similar and most people who like one like the other but there are some that like one and hate the other. Everyone should like both though because they are the best in the series.

Dark Souls Remastered will be the perfect place to jump in. I'd recommend starting there.

Edit: and this is pretty rare but I have seen some people who like monster hunter not like dark souls. I think as long as you don't go in expecting monster hunter you'll be fine. I think people just compare them because it's just about the only decent comparison out there that most people know of.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
Had Dark Souls since forever on my PC, never had enough time commitment and patience to play it. Will try again on portable and at Starbucks

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So it's only $20 for the PC upgrade if you already own it?

Sweet!

Might as well. I'm HEAVILY considering the Switch version as well. Being able to play this game on the go sounds really enticing.

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017
Are they adding anything new? For instance an easy mode?

giphy.gif

Please ... just ... no ... let me die over and over again with my dignity intact

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
What are some good examples from the PC version running at 1080p super sample or 4k? Should be similar, right?

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have to wonder what's even the reasoning for not posting gameplay yet, actually. I mean this is releasing in 4 months so it's obviously in a near finished state, and the lack of footage is sprouting a hell lot of comments that are likely misinformation.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing like stable 60FPS for dark souls.

I look forward to running through Blight town with a stable 25FPS.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
DAY1 on PS4!!!

I wonder if it is actually going to use DS3 engine? If so, 60fps is pretty impressive!

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
No dude that thats not how it works

Its 6 players in an instance total so think Dark Souls 3 pvp

It will likely still be 3-4 players max for co op teams

haha, okay. I never did the pvp mode in DS3. I use help for bosses and areas when I can as I am not that great at these. Never finished the DLC on DS2 or DS3 due to how hard they are.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Coming for O & S with the fury of 1000000 suns. I've become a seasoned invader, 2v1 is nothing now.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
haha, okay. I never did the pvp mode in DS3. I use help for bosses and areas when I can as I am not that great at these. Never finished the DLC on DS2 or DS3 due to how hard they are.

Yea so you can end up in a situation where you have a an invader, and invader hunter, an nuetral party, a sun bro... etc

It kind of evens out Invaders vs hosts and makes for some crazy battles

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I predict a 95 Metacritic. It will finally have the proper recognition it deserves, since nowadays every journalist is into Souls and it is cool to like it.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
So much like MHW being announced right with the XB1 and PC during the Sony conference, Dark Souls Remastered will be coming to all platforms, but first announced on the Nintendo Mini Direct.

Either way though, the Dark Souls fans will be happy for this remaster coming and the various options available.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. I will own this twice. Both on my portable device, and on my home computer. Thank you for this wonderful opportunity. This makes me feel alive.

Mario123311

Nov 2, 2017
Kirkland, Washington
I'm honestly pissed. I'm not mad at FromSoftware but Namco Bandai is gonna milk this series dry. It's the same issue with DOTA and Valve's treatment toward it while neglecting their actual stuff.

So sick of Namco being too lazy to make their own shit anymore yet are willing to overrely on DS.
To me: Dark Souls is basically this generations Call of Duty/Skyrim in terms of popularity and fanbase. I have a very good reason to hold a grudge, The games can exist and I don't blame FromSoftware at all... But Namco relying on it along with it's fanbase and how much money it makes in the end? Just sickens me honestly. I'd be killing for some of their actual IPs right now.

A true Triple-A Pac-Man title that expands upon Pac-Man World (Ghostly Adventures DID NOT count), A new Klonoa game, A new Mr. Driller title with a story mode like the unreleased Japan-only entries? But no, They are just gonna live off Tales, Liscensed games and slapping their name on games they have nothing to do with in terms of development. The Namco I knew is dead to me.