• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
It's coming to PS4 too?

Damn, do I want portable Dark Souls or 60fps Dark Souls?

If the Switch version is 60fps then that's a no brainer.

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
Call me slow, but this might finally make me play it. For some reason this being portable makes it more up my alley.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna guess (hope) that they actually show what it looks like later today when the PS4/XB1 versions are announced.

Phonomezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Super excited for Dark Souls remaster, but it should really be a proper remake so they can fix some of the rushed, unfinished elements.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Like I said in the other thread, I really hope that they improved the UI. The first Dark Souls' menus were bad.

Yeah the grid style of DS2 and 3 rules. No idea why it wasn't in Bloodborne, but I guess slightly less of an issue there since it didn't have THAT many items to pick up.

Gilbals

Oct 25, 2017
If it does run at 60, it better not have the faults that 2 did at 60 or 1 with the 60fps glitches. Also FROM, if you touch my poise in this, I know a rather large father.

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they expand on Myazaki's vision for Lost Izalith, Valley of the Drakes, etc.

The game is almost perfect but expanding some late game areas would make this version a definitive must buy.

It's already a must buy

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm excited! I tried Dark Souls when it released on the PS3 and couldn't get into it. It was too obtuse for me. I didn't understand how to play, and didn't want to spend time learning. Then I picked Dark Souls 3 up on PC for cheap and loved it. I'm ready to give it another go!

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
guys it's a remaster not a remake, don't expect anything added, just the perfection of the first game and nothing else.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right guys, calm it with the 60FPS chat.

Baby steps. Blightown at 30FPS, locked, will be the real challenge here. The Xbox One X might just manage it.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I found this bit on the PR to be really interesting:

URbhfVj.png
20+ fps in Blighttown would be improved framerate.

mocolostrocolos

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dark Souls is coming to #NintendoSwitch with improved framerate and resolution, as well as the Atorias of the Abyss DLC! #DarkSouls: Remastered launches on 5/25.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit worried that they didn't show any gameplay in the trailer. The game comes out in 5 months, it would sure be nice to see how it looks.
That's obviously still to come but I'm always cautious when a developer decides not to show anything, especially when the game should be basically done.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Fix Blighttown's framerate and the game becomes an 11/10.

Anyone who hasn't played Dark Souls yet is in for a real treat, especially with the capability of playing the game portable.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Why they say "improved" ? Maybe because the framerate was all over the place in Dark Souls for PS3 and Xbox 360.

Lysistrata

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Paradise Lost
Dark Souls on Switch: a game some of us might have had slight anger issues with on a console you can throw and bash with frustration.
Should be fine.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Day 1 for Switch version.

Never played Dark Souls before. What am I in for, as someone who usually don't struggle much in games and if I do I'm fine using resources to overcome.