• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
The Network Test is up and playable right now. Even though it has some designated hours depending on regions, everyone is able to play. The schedule is:

Asia/Australia 5:00PM - 10:00PM CST/HKT/SGT 7:00PM - 12:00AM AEST

Europe/Africa 18:00 - 00:00 CEST 17:00 - 23:00 BST

North + South America 6:00PM - 12:00AM PST 9:00PM - 3:00AM EST

Again, every region will be able to play in those three schedules.

wondermagenta

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne
I just changed my Xbox's region to Australia and killed the Bell Gargoyles, assuming from your post that first step wasn't actually necessary?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Don't even own a Switch but want to see network footage for that platform just to laugh at the names.

Invaded by Dark Spirit NastyYoshi8

Oct 28, 2017
The game crashes every 5 minutes for me. You can't save progress obviously and it's very easy to just restart, but it's still incredibly annoying. The other tests never crashed at all, so this isn't great.

On the plus side, I really like how EVERY button can be rebinded in the menu. Feelsgoodman.

abrasivemurk

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Looks amazing but didn't know Dark Souls was this much slower than Bloodborne. Can't even roll out of boar's way.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Looks pretty good. They added some parallax mapping to certain surfaces which is nice.

You can see it on the ground here (Xbox One X):
darksouls_remasteredn3aset.jpg

darksouls_remasteredn7gsel.jpg

OP
OP
Ferrs

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Game looks fine tbh, It doesnt look "downgraded". The new blur is a tad annoying at times though.

Network feels like shit though, and lag backstabs are still in.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Got invaded by a black knight after 2 minutes, could not even touch him due to the lag, and got booted out of the server. The true Dark Souls online experience.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Interesting. It seems as if the PS4 Pro version has slightly sharper texture filtering than the Xbox One X version. Resolution-wise they seem identical.
Xbox One X:
darksouls_remasteredn74sun.png

PS4 Pro:
darksouls_remasteredn7ds40.png

Was hoping for native 4K on XB1X tbh.

Noobcraft

Nov 23, 2017
Interesting. It seems as if the PS4 Pro version has slightly sharper texture filtering than the Xbox One X version. Resolution-wise they seem identical.
Xbox One X:
darksouls_remasteredn74sun.png

PS4 Pro:
darksouls_remasteredn7ds40.png

Was hoping for native 4K on XB1X tbh.
Hard pass if the One X version ends up being a worse performer than the Pro. There is no excuse for that. Will wait for DF.

Ubiblu

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
The fuck...I tried to play this all day but no luck. Play another game for the past hour and managed to miss the minuscule window it was up. Uggghhh.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Looks amazing but didn't know Dark Souls was this much slower than Bloodborne. Can't even roll out of boar's way.

Unlike Bloodborne, the Souls games have equipment loads/weight restrictions. There are three or four tiers, forgot exactly how many right now, but pull up your stats screen and you'll see a percentage. Maybe you're in fat roll mode because I think going 25% and under or whatever it was isn't a crazy amount slower than Bloodborne's regular walking/rolling speed (not lock-on dash obviously).

PS: You should definitely be able to roll out of basically anything's gay unless you're fat rolling.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
pull up your stats screen and you'll see a percentage. .
I don't think there is any percentage though. That would have been a nice QoL-improvement.

About the too-light-brightness-issue. They seem to have pulled down the normal brightness way darker than normal. I had to pull it up :blush:
(Could be due to playing in day time though)

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone manages to get in again, please test something out for me:

Can you still roll while running if you keep Jump on O, by holding block while you run? With the option to jump with L3, I'm afraid they'll remove that option, which was always my preferred method of handling jump/roll, and they unfortunately abandoned it for all the sequels, even if they did allow you to remap jump to O.

Gavin Stevens

Team Blur Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Telford, Shropshire
User warned: system wars, rhetoric disrespectful to developers.
There is zero, none 0% reason why any game should perform and look worse on the X over the Pro. At the very least with lazy development you would get the same on both platforms. But having it be worse on the X, a machine with much more power, is an utterly stupid thing that only ever seems to happen with Japanese devs or games.

Theres zero reason this game should be anything less than 4k. Hell even the PS4 Pro should be able to do it in 4k.

Also, that Parallax Occlusion Mapping looks right out of launch 360 titles. Are we sure it wasn't there then too? Because if that's a new addition, I think we found the reason why the X is behind the Pro... *cough* devs *cough*