• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
If you turn some things down...
I have not seen any drops on a 1070 at 4K. Like... at all basically. Maybe one time when I was in the midst of a billion alpha effects. Where have you seen drops? What things are you turning down even? The game has like no menu options!

At 4K my 1070 spends most of its time at 50% GPU utilisation and it even underclocks itself... so far.

ShaDowDaNca

Nov 1, 2017
I have not seen any drops on a 1070 at 4K. Like... at all basically. Maybe one time when I was in the midst of a billion alpha effects. Where have you seen drops? What things are you turning down even? The game has like no menu options!

At 4K my 1070 spends most of its time at 50% GPU utilisation and it even underclocks itself... so far.
I haven't(i run a 1080ti) but i read people with 1070's having to use FXAA to maintain 60fps@4K.

Oct 28, 2017
Upside down
Specs: i5 4670k stock, 980 stock.
Settings: motion blur off, txaa, vsync on, ao on, dof off, 4k Res.
Been playing at 4k 60 3 bosses in so far and it's holding at 60fps.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
I haven't(i run a 1080ti) but i read people with 1070's having to use FXAA to maintain 60fps@4K.
Makes no sense to me based on the numbers I am running. Also the AA options in the game have almost no impact on performance.
Should do, my 1080 is running it with no drops (except for when I kill ... 5 or more guys who do that slow evaporation thing). Fan barely speeds up on the GPU either.
Exactly. I am seeing little to no chance of the game dropping frames on a 1070, and if at all, it would have to be a one of extraordinary camera angle on top of certain effects work. 99% of play on a 1070 will be 60 fps at 4K.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Didn't have any problems before, but tonight the game has hard-locked my PC twice in the last couple hours. Once in the sewers while browsing at the merchant, once in the beginning of blighttown while just running

Patch is out, I can now change the refresh rate.
It still caps at 60fps though, so not much point unless there's a way around that

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Had a good 2 hour session earlier today, but then when I booted up the game a second time I was surprised to run into a controller issue that I think occurred with PTDE as well - that is, attempting to connect a controller once the game is already running causes it to hang, in a way where you can't even Alt+F4 or Alt+Tab out. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but having these same sorts of issues seems pretty inexcusable for a remaster.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
anyone else getting the occasional stutter or hitching?...seems to be happening more often the further into the game I get...I'm using a GTX 1070 at 1440p

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
anyone else getting the occasional stutter or hitching?...seems to be happening more often the further into the game I get...I'm using a GTX 1070 at 1440p

Yup. Same here. It seems like it's gotten worse since the latest patch for some reason. Happened during the O&S fight and almost killed me.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Noticed a couple of severe frame rate dips during the Sif and Nito fights, Sif when up close and scrapping, Nito when he uses his area of attack thing. Guess those alpha's are hitting again at 4K.

D65

Oct 26, 2017
Higher refresh support also allows a 60fps cap at 60hz without needing to use Vsync.

USF4 has problem where even with GSync you can't get rid of tearing without adding input lag