• Welcome to ResetEra 2.0! Guests should now be able to save their dark or light theme preferences, found on the left sidebar.

Dark Souls Remastered Switch Edition |OT| The one with the Solaire Amiibo

Keep in mind that the Furysword requires Demon Titanite to be upgraded, which is harder to acquire than Twinkling. (can't be bought and must be farmed from the Titanite Demon's, most of which do not respawn).

Also the Furysword is a Dex weapon, I don't know if you have invested in that.
I've invested in everything but Res, Attunement, and Faith, which is the problem. I've got dex enough to wield the Silver Knight Sword.

I've also got enough Demon Titanite for at least one special-soul weapon to max out.

Today I just did grinding. 80,000 souls in the painted world of Ariamis to grab 10 pieces of Twinkling Titanite, then more grinding to buy Large Titanite Shards to max out the Scimitar and convert it.

Then I went down to Darkroot Basin because I'd forgotten to pick up the Grass Crest Shield after killing the knight down there, discovered the tunnel to New Londo Ruins.

Next steps:
-max Quelaag's sword
-upgrade the iron armor a bit.
-maybe upgrade Grass Crest Shield a little for more magic def

Then I think I'll be ready.

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Quelaag's Fury Sword is also a chaos weapon which means it requires you have 10 humanity for it to be at full strength. Even fully upgraded, you will notice the difference if say you die and have to get back to your bloodstain, the damage will be lower until you're back up to 10 humanity.

Any new patches/words on fixing that confirm button placement?

What is "L2"? I don't see that in my controller anywhere...
Ahh sorry, whatever the equivalent is on the Switch of course!

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Yeah, tomb of the giant isn't a fun zone.
It's not fun at all and I'm on the verge of dropping the game.
The dark part is such a short area, once you're through it, it's done. Push through to the second bonfire and you're over the worst of it. :)

Do you have a light source? Have you done Lost Izalith - it's worth doing that area first if you're finding it tough. The first bonfire in TotG is warpable, so very easy to come back.

Kicked Four Kings teeth in.

Queelag's Sword +4, Grass Crest Shield +5, Full Black Iron set +1, 20 Estus +4.

Only blocked if I was too far away to hit him, otherwise just tank everything (though dodge that stupid grab move if you can, it hits harder than most of his other moves and sucks up precious time).

Now to drop the game for like 6 weeks.

Oct 27, 2017
Sen's fortress done and the iron golum is down. I didn't find him too hard, once I'd figured it out. On to Anor Londo. Already found the bonfire there and kicked a gargoyle's arse, he wasn't too tough either. Not quite sure of the point of that bit as the loot from that was underwhelming.

Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Sen's fortress done and the iron golum is down. I didn't find him too hard, once I'd figured it out. On to Anor Londo. Already found the bonfire there and kicked a gargoyle's arse, he wasn't too tough either. Not quite sure of the point of that bit as the loot from that was underwhelming.
This gargoyle in anor londo is awesome because when you kick its ass you realize the progress you've made since the Bell tower.
I died a lot on the roof of the church against the 2 gargoyles, this was my revenge.

On another note, I reached the bottom of tomb of the giants and realized I had forgot to do the thing that opens the golden fog.
Dammit.

Oct 27, 2017
This gargoyle in anor londo is awesome because when you kick its ass you realize the progress you've made since the Bell tower.
I died a lot on the roof of the church against the 2 gargoyles, this was my revenge.

On another note, I reached the bottom of tomb of the giants and realized I had forgot to do the thing that opens the golden fog.
Dammit.
Oh so it was the same type of gargoyle? Wow, he was so much easier now. I just flamed him with my pyro and he barely even tried to attack me. I had trouble with the two of them at the bell tower too.

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So I beat Quelaag and rang the second bell.
Should I continue towards the lava demon (or whatever is protecting that giant door) or go back to the onion knight through the door that has now been opened?
Sen's Fortress is the way to progress now it's open yeah, but you can have a nosey around the Demon Ruins now too. Progress that way is blocked at a point but you can grab some loot, souls from the boss etc.