• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK

I can't find many listings at the moment but Shop4World has both versions up for sale with Switch at £28.99 and PS4 at £20.99. Here's the PS4 box:
pc-and-video-games-games-ps4-darkest-dungeon-ancestral-edition.jpg

https://www.shop4world.com/nintendo...ungeon-ancestral-edition-ninetndo-switch-game
https://www.shop4world.com/ps4-games/darkest-dungeon-ancestral-edition-ps4-game

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I'll probably pick up the physical version for Switch down the road.

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
I just started playing this on Switch. Great game, and I normally don't enjoy turn-based games. Well worth it.

Grim Patron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
FYI it will likely have the DLC as codes and not included on card/disc. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Will get Switch version regardless.

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
FYI it will likely have the DLC as codes and not included on card/disc. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Will get Switch version regardless.

Ah, is that so? Maybe I'll pass then. Already have the game on PS4/Vita with the Crimson Court. Just wanted a physical copy that would include everything, and apparently there's another DLC that's not even going to be included?

Grim Patron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ah, is that so? Maybe I'll pass then. Already have the game on PS4/Vita with the Crimson Court. Just wanted a physical copy that would include everything, and apparently there's another DLC that's not even going to be included?
Yes. It is called The Colours of Madness or something similar. This is like the Shantae physical. Ultimate Edition but not with everything. Something new coming after it releases on switch last I checked.

Also USA prices are 29.99 for PS4 and 39.99 for Switch physical. Tax again.

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. It is called The Colours of Madness or something similar. This is like the Shantae physical. Ultimate Edition but not with everything. Something new coming after it releases on switch last I checked.

Also USA prices are 29.99 for PS4 and 39.99 for Switch physical. Tax again.

Wait, the Shantae release isn't complete either? Damn, thought that one would have everything on cart. Still, I don't have the DLC for that game, so I might still pick it up.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, now I am glad I held off grabbing the Switch version already. Definitely gonna get when it hits retail.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Awesome!!! Waiting pays off again. US too right?

Edit- no DLC on it, jesus.

Last edited:

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely gonna pick this up, perfect game for the Switch.

Bloody console is making me double dip when the thought of that used to make me ill.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I watched Daemon Hatfield play an hour or so on gamescoop and remembered why Im so attracted to this game....then I fired up my Vita copy and my eyes were killing me after 5mims straining to read the tiny text.
My worry is buying the switch version and running into the same problem. Although the screens on the eshop are quite clear and nice, anyone advise if the game is exactly the same as those?

Thoraxes

Oct 25, 2017
Gehenna
In for this physical copy, hell yeah.

Assuming it'll hit the US too? I mean, I can always import, but it'd be nice to procure it locally.

Edit:

Last edited:

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Wont buy it again as I already own it on PS4, but it's a great game and would recommend for anyone on the fence.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
I was gonna get the LRG vita version, but I'd rather get the Switch version. Switch version it is.

art_vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
Guess there's no OT so I'll try here: Anyone with the physical Switch version unable to update to 1.1? I'm stuck on 1.0.2 with the cartridge version, though it seems like digital version updates fine...

DannyClash

Oct 25, 2017
SO...

I still haven't grabbed a copy, the Ancestral Edition physical is on sale 20%off or so in a store nearby,

what are the chances of a Complete Edition being announced with some nice packaging for Switch now that all the DLC is out?