• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Velka

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never finished the 1st game but goddamn do I just love everything about the art direction.
I'm curious on the themes they'll tackle on this one.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Been playing for a couple of months and kind of hit a wall right in the middle of the last dungeon, 2nd attack. I stopped because yeah, the grind is all there is there. I was going to push thru so I could start the DLC, but once I get that second team thru, have to build up a third team. Those vets refuse to go back to the... Dimmest Dankness!

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
i really hope they empower the MOD community . There are some really neat mods for DD1

Mush

Nov 1, 2017
b4df9098b28fd0fde77a7c22677d6dc55ad8c411_full.jpg

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Just out of curiosity, what are some good mods for Darkest Dungeon?
Well, it depends. I don't usually install tons of mods in my games, and in Darkest I mostly use simple palette swap mods, tbh. I would recommend Marvin Seo's stuff for being well done. My favorite is his most recent class, the Sisters. He's also working on his own dungeon called the Sunken City.

A mod I particularly appreciate is No More Heroes - Reborn by Lucci, which changes it so that you only obtain one of each class when you begin your campaign. It also alters the balance a bit for that restriction. I've never liked how the classes (or heroes) in DD are such unique personalities while also being so casually replaceable. This mod addresses that in a way.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, if that's the case then I'm going to feel like a total idiot when I find it in the options. I normally don't look too deep into them unless it's for subtitle and control settings so it's probably little surprise that I missed it. :)

Feel free to send me to the Sanitarium if I'm mistaken. :)

paddyk84

Banned
Jan 31, 2019
OMG. Just when I thought I couldn't be more excited for a game after Hollow Knight Silksong was revealed, Darkest Dungeon II immediately becomes my most anticipated game. Wow.

A bit worried reading that PC Gamer interview though. Firstly it sounds like it's a long way off but more importantly the constant references to it being "massively different" in structure is a little worrying. I'm sure they know what they're doing but I'm still a tad nervous...

StoryofSouls

Oct 27, 2017
east coast, usa
i loved the whole vibe from the first game, but I just couldn't bring myself to play much of it. it's the kind of game that makes me want to get super attached to my party, but that's nearly pointless.

if the second game is more of an adventure, with a more permanent party, i would be extremely happy.

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
- Red Hook announces Darkest Dungeon II
- Karnage10 suffers critical hit
Narrator: A SINGULAR strike

In theory I should love Darkest Dungeon.
In practice there's something off which made me quit every run after my characters hit level 3 or 4.
I hope that DD2 will improve on that.
Have you played the lastest version? while i haven't tried the DLC yet the base game is much better now then when the game was released. It has, imo, become much more balanced and has quite some nice QoL improvements.

26qYSJa.gif

I spent way too much time on this, but it was fun.
so good! WOW!
"The match is struck. A blazing star is born!"

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Have you played the lastest version? while i haven't tried the DLC yet the base game is much better now then when the game was released. It has, imo, become much more balanced and has quite some nice QoL improvements.
Yeah, I played on of the more recent versions with most of the DLC. There's just too much tedium for me and the gameplay loop is always the same :(

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Will be one of my rare day one purchases. Love everything about DD1 and I'm glad Wayne June is once again on board for the voice acting. It also seems they kept their art style. The story twist at the end was otherworldly and impeccable.

I have yet to finish the Color of Madness addon. While I love some additions The Crimson Curse brought to the table, I wasn't a fan of the three or four big-ass dungeons. I used a walkthrough for the last one because I haven't had the endurance.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
I had always been interested in finally getting this game but never had the courage to get it due to its hardcore stressful premise. I don't really mind the premise. I should get into it.

Omnicore

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I keep coming back to this game every couple of months; it's just so good. Actually just bought the DLC during this PSN sale. Very excited to see what they'll do with the sequel.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
in honor of this announcement, I was going to start up playing again. Is any of the DLC worthwhile? It is all on sale right now on steam

Or should I just stick with the main game?

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Is any of the DLC worthwhile?
Yes. The Musketeer is for free now and is basically a re-skin of the Arbaleste but with own animations, texts and so on. The Shieldbreaker adds a new playable hero with a small sidequest arc and new items with that hero. This is the only I'd skip if I'm not a total fan of the game or don't care about additional heroes. Although I really like her set of skills and she complements many hero compositions.

The Crimson Court adds new levels, new mechanics, a new, additional background story about your ancestor to explore, and new items. To complete this addon you'll need some time. The Color of Madness adds a new location as well with a new, additional gameplay/dungeon mechanic, again new items, and new buildings for your hamlet (I think Crimson Court did that as well).

All in all, especially for that price, definitely worthwhile.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Goddamn, if I never clicked on the EZA podcast I would have never found out.

No way I'm completing the first one now, so here's to fresh starts.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely going to try and beat the first game Im pretty far in as it is

Wish they didnt announce so early though. Going to feel like a very long wait lol

I just need to focus on clearing my backlog

Professor Lich

Resettlement Advisor
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably too early to have made this, but I had another dumb idea and ran with it, again.

RxtKUD2.gif

But hey, if things don't turn out well, I can always just play it backwards with 'Pre-Order Canceled'