• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
I was actually really hoping their next thing would be something else. I think Darkest is fine to be sustained alone by modding and its own sheer size for years and years to come as it has been. I'd love to see their style in another world with different influences. I'm happy to hear they don't intend it to be a complete retread though.

HouseDragon

Dec 4, 2017
OH MY GOD, I can't believe they went with the sequel! I thought there was no more they could add to DD gameplay, but it looks like Red Hook's confident with giving us more Darkest Dungeon!

I'm beyond excited for this, DD has genius art and game design, turning the RPG genre on its head. Here's hoping for Red Hook to struck lightning again!

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Darkest was a lot of fun but found the grind of perma-death and keeping characters alive/healthy between missions while also leveling new characters to be draining and I eventually stopped playing. It became a "I don't want to do hard missions because I don't want to lose all my hard-work" mentality so I just altogether stopped after beating all the bosses once.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So excited for this. Loved the first one.

Gonna get it PC this time to make it harder to be tempted in cheesing the game.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Getting obvious "At the Mountains of Madness" vibes, which is never a bad thing.

Well, it depends. I read a comic base this story and It would be REALLY weird if Darkest Dungeon II take these "extra steps" on its story....

But yeah, I hope to fix the difficulty of this game. The Crocodile in the DLC was bullshit.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Instantly my most anticipated game. Seems like it's faaar away and even then it'll be in early access first. So at least another 6 months before the official release :(

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Let's hope this time they fix the end game. I know being challenging was part of their charm but I'm got tedious when hero died, not challenging.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
This is pretty much the best announcement I could've seen today. I'm the biggest DD fan there is. Don't even want to check how many hundreds of hours I have in, it'll be over 500 easily. I mastered the game to the point of enlightenment.

Seeing that the metagame will no longer be base management is definitely intriguing and welcome, that will do a lot to keep people from burning out.

Hopefully Red Hook is playing it close to the vest and they have a bunch of new classes for us. Just don't take away my Hellion dammit.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh, shiiiiiiiiiiit! :D

Looks like we're moving from The Rats in the Walls to At the Mountains of Madness, I couldn't be more excited.

I should remind myself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer ...

Hopefully Red Hook is playing it close to the vest and they have a bunch of new classes for us. Just don't take away my Hellion dammit.

Agreed, she's my favorite as well. But if this art is any indication, we may not have to worry?

dd2-902x507.png

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they work on the ui./menu for consoles.

What an absolute clusterfuck that was on ps4.

I can't overstate what a disaster it was. Really made me appreciate good menu systems.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Hollow Knight and Darkest Dungeon getting sequels?

All we need right now is for Shovel Knight sequel with Shield Knight to get announced and 2019 is gonna be alright.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Funnily enough, dumping all of my time with DD1 in its early access means I never actually played the final version.

Not going to make the same mistake with this game, really looking forward to it.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did the first game get balanced or was the best strategy still to let your trash heroes go on a no light run and just get at least something out of it instead of letting your best die to insane rng?

Whifflebat

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually really hoping their next thing would be something else. I think Darkest is fine to be sustained alone by modding and its own sheer size for years and years to come as it has been. I'd love to see their style in another world with different influences. I'm happy to hear they don't intend it to be a complete retread though.

Just out of curiosity, what are some good mods for Darkest Dungeon?

Back on topic, very happy that one of my favorite indie games is getting a sequel!

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
How is this on pc without any expansions?
And can it be played with pad too?

It's on steam (vanilla) at ~5€ right now...

Deleted member 29939

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Hopefully they work on the ui./menu for consoles.

What an absolute clusterfuck that was on ps4.

I can't overstate what a disaster it was. Really made me appreciate good menu systems.

uhhh thats a bit much. Once you get used to it its second nature
I dont even think about it anymore. Took me an hour or so to be 100% comfortable with the UI

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Your ideas fascinate me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
What? That's literally how the game worked for some time (when in early access and right after that). Getting resources without spending any was the best way to gear up for the serious attempts, even though it was tedious. Doing a normal run resulted in way too many insta deaths thanks to crits and other rng.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Oh yessss. Have almost 100h in the first one, phenomenal game.

Please just be mindful of endgame, it's what held this game back(despite radiant mode helping a bit).

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Just out of curiosity, what are some good mods for Darkest Dungeon?

Back on topic, very happy that one of my favorite indie games is getting a sequel!
Get a solid balance mod if you don't want the vanilla "this game is going to fuck you up with rng 7/10 times" experience. Steam workshop, moddb, etc.