• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Via lbabinz on Twitter:

For those not in Canada, the price is listed as $29.99 CAD.

One has to wonder if this bodes well for Darksiders 3 also making an appearance...or other THQ projects like BioMutant?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not surprised, this one was obviously going to come. i hope they can manage to port 3 to the system as well, but it'd be understandable if it can't be done. there's always switch 2 :)
also 3 is probably gonna get a complete edition on other platforms first before getting ported.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
cool. but I can't find the first one in my country, they shipped like 2 copies -.-

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose they haven't been affected very much by the boycott?
I mean, even if they were, it probably wouldn't affect the release of a port that has been in the works months before they outed themselves white supremacists.

Still, fuck them. I wouldn't touch this game with a ten-foot pole.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Never played the second game, but I heard it was a huge step down from the first. If the price is right I may pick it up

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What's the surprise? The Switch can handle it.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
Darksiders 1 - WARmastered Edition
Darksiders 2 - DEATHinitive Edition
Darksiders 3 - reFURYbished Edition?

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
You know I'd probably finish it If it came to switch. The loot aspect would be more manageable on the go for me.

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
I never actually beat the second game, if the price is right I might grab this for on the go play.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
That probably means Saints Row IV and Red Faction Armageddon is also on their way. I wish Square-enix Europe/Eidos was enthusiastic about Switch like THQNordic. I'm more interested in the last gen lineup more than THQ's: Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider, Just Cause, Deus Ex... I don't understand why one company is totally on board but other one is not one bit.

OT: I hope this is a August game. My July is way too stacked.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Never played the second game, but I heard it was a huge step down from the first. If the price is right I may pick it up

It's a very different game. It went very Diablo loot heavy, and it was all 'look at how big the world is', but it was full of empty spaces of nothing, and the tightly designed dungeons of the original were no where near as good here. Another major problem was the combat, and the DLC included in the rereleases: I had a bonus hammer on Wii U that was originally DLC, and it could effectively stunlock everything, so combat and weapon loot was completely redundant.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed it when I played it on WiiU. I had never played the first though so I had nothing to compare it to. Music was really great.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I absolutely love Darksiders 2, but I kinda doubt I'll buy it again since I've played both 1 and 2 quite a lot already.

The combat is so much fun in 2, a massive improvement over the first game in that regard.
That probably means Saints Row IV and Red Faction Armageddon is also on their way. I wish Square-enix Europe/Eidos was enthusiastic about Switch like THQNordic. I'm more interested in the last gen lineup more than THQ's: Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider, Just Cause, Deus Ex... I don't understand why one company is totally on board but other one is not one bit.

OT: I hope this is a August game. My July is way too stacked.
They can keep Armageddon. Such a massive disappointment after how amazing Guerrilla was.

Last edited:

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's a very different game. It went very Diablo loot heavy, and it was all 'look at how big the world is', but it was full of empty spaces of nothing, and the tightly designed dungeons of the original were no where near as good here. Another major problem was the combat, and the DLC included in the rereleases: I had a bonus hammer on Wii U that was originally DLC, and it could effectively stunlock everything, so combat and weapon loot was completely redundant.
Oof. That sounds bad. Okay, I'm going to pass on this one. Thanks for the info

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Darksiders 2 is such a missed opportunity. They only had to do a Majora's Mask and it went so weird with the loot thing.